PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Super lurker

Custom Search

Overlord
10-02-2021, 01:34 AM
Run a computer repair shop. have only touched a major printer from time to time. like paper rollers. figuring out jam workarounds. ya know basic.

Picked up a bizhub c452 with finisher. contacted service who held the account can't guarantee me they will get it working. so meh.

got it. it was jamming at the paper passage i believe is the position. below scanner above toner the rollers taking it to the finisher. realized the rollers were connected to the finisher so i hooked it up. BOOM full stop system will no longer print gets stuck in printwait on the job. no error codes no nothing. i have torn this machine apart looking for lose connection's. dead wires almost every suggestion on here. but i can not seem to find any situation like this on the forum with a finisher attached.

This baby prints so good if i remove the transporter and finisher and let it flop. but i picked this unit up so i could provide free business services in the front of my shop for new startups. I have 4 work station's and provide free mentorship to any who need it. so i was geeked when i could pick one of these up on the cheap and try to get it working at full tilt.

the system doesn't have the animated guide data anymore attempted to get it unsuccessful i have no idea where to go from here. none of the service checks work on the finisher. just kinda dead in the water. But she does print without fail i need to replace the 3 and 4 paper tray rollers for sure. but once it gets going it never fails.

Would apricate any guidance thanks.

Synthohol
10-02-2021, 04:44 AM
sent you a PM :)

thanks for being a contributor!

Zesti
10-02-2021, 08:32 AM
I love the C652 series machines,,, really a workhorse..... especially when found in give away :rolleyes:....
It's finishers are a pain in neck.... Just remove it and try get the receiving tray and it will run like a Gem... Good luck.

Overlord
10-02-2021, 08:55 AM
Thank you both. No I understand it's great by itself but being able to do all the extras for a few customers looking to test a new small batch marketing method or some hustling kid. It's not really needed in my shop honestly I out source all my real printing jobs but this printer is for the free business center and it would just add that "Neck Tie" feel for my micro business center. It's more of a passion project at this point. And cause I'm kinda pissed a damn printer is f××kin with me. I legit spend all my free time on it. Might buy one of each brand and self certify myself for printer repair. Lol I can say I have much more respect for those who work on em. But I'll get it eventually.

From what I've seen lurking so long as effort is actually applied I'm pretty sure I can steal a trick here and there from the old hands. 🥸🥸🥸🥸

femaster
10-02-2021, 10:12 PM
With the finisher connected, powering up the whole system, does it come up to READY, or do you get some sort of service code that shows up? If Ready, and you open the door on the finisher, does the system indicate that the door is open and ask you to close it?

If you try a basic single page copy job, do you get any codes then, besides the status message PRINT, WAIT?

Overlord
10-02-2021, 11:12 PM
With the finisher connected, powering up the whole system, does it come up to READY, or do you get some sort of service code that shows up? If Ready, and you open the door on the finisher, does the system indicate that the door is open and ask you to close it?

If you try a basic single page copy job, do you get any codes then, besides the status message PRINT, WAIT?

Yes I can start any type of job but with the finisher connected the system holds everything with printwait. No error codes and yes If I open the finishers side door it's indicated and once I close it. It spins up and continues to do nothing. No errors.

Custom Search