PDA

View Full Version : Pale Magenta after replacing drum unit

Custom Search

Amrss
10-04-2021, 07:10 PM
Hello,
After replacing the magenta drum unit, I'm now getting pale colors when printing the magenta test page. Is there any calibration which needs to be done?

copier tech
10-04-2021, 07:27 PM
Hello,
After replacing the magenta drum unit, I'm now getting pale colors when printing the magenta test page. Is there any calibration which needs to be done?

What model was this? & was the drum a genuine Konica Minolta?

Amrss
10-04-2021, 07:34 PM
What model was this? & was the drum a genuine Konica Minolta?

No it's not genuine, it's from CET
The machine is bizhub C554e

Albonline
10-04-2021, 07:39 PM
No it's not genuine, it's from CET
The machine is bizhub C554e

I think you may have answered your own question.

copier tech
10-04-2021, 07:48 PM
I think you may have answered your own question.

Exactly!

You can quickly confirm this, swap the cyan & magenta units around see if you get faint cyan & good magenta quality.

Amrss
10-05-2021, 04:35 AM
Exactly!

You can quickly confirm this, swap the cyan & magenta units around see if you get faint cyan & good magenta quality.

I went out and tried what you suggested and the results are still the same, is there any calibration which needs to be done after installing a new drum unit?

tmmdmmm
10-05-2021, 05:55 AM
I went out and tried what you suggested and the results are still the same, is there any calibration which needs to be done after installing a new drum unit?
]

No Calibrations for a 4 series, it does it on its own if it detects a new drum. Was the Cyan also an offbrand? This looks like a drum issue, not light developer, not dirty PH, and if its only M its nothing else

Amrss
10-05-2021, 06:19 AM
]

No Calibrations for a 4 series, it does it on its own if it detects a new drum. Was the Cyan also an offbrand? This looks like a drum issue, not light developer, not dirty PH, and if its only M its nothing else

The Cyan drum is genuine, and when printing a test page the Cyan comes out perfect.
As you stated, the Magenta is the only color that's causing problems. when printing any normal paper the whole page is covered with light Magenta and the red/pink parts of the page appear pale.

tsbservice
10-05-2021, 06:57 AM
The Cyan drum is genuine, and when printing a test page the Cyan comes out perfect.
As you stated, the Magenta is the only color that's causing problems. when printing any normal paper the whole page is covered with light Magenta and the red/pink parts of the page appear pale.
Then inspect your magenta developer unit. What is total counter and other consumable counters?

copier tech
10-05-2021, 07:22 AM

Ok, so not genuine drum i’m guessing non genuine toner too?

Amrss
10-05-2021, 07:41 AM
Ok, so not genuine drum i’m guessing non genuine toner too?

The whole toner kit is genuine, this is the first time I replace a part in the machine

copier tech
10-05-2021, 07:49 AM
The whole toner kit is genuine, this is the first time I replace a part in the machine

OK, so, for what reason did you replace only the magenta drum?

Amrss
10-05-2021, 07:56 AM
Then inspect your magenta developer unit. What is total counter and other consumable counters?50318

Amrss
10-05-2021, 08:03 AM
OK, so, for what reason did you replace only the magenta drum?

The bottom part of the page was getting sprayed with magenta
the technician I work with figured that the magenta drum is the cause of the problem, after replacing the drum I started facing the problem I posted about. any red/pink color would come out as pale and the whole page would be covered with light magenta lines. I don't know if it's clear in the picture here

copier tech
10-05-2021, 09:45 AM
The bottom part of the page was getting sprayed with magenta
the technician I work with figured that the magenta drum is the cause of the problem, after replacing the drum I started facing the problem I posted about. any red/pink color would come out as pale and the whole page would be covered with light magenta lines. I don't know if it's clear in the picture here

ok so if you swapped the cyan & magenta drums round the cyan is good but the magenta still faint then you must have an issue with the magenta developer unit.

Amrss
10-05-2021, 10:15 AM
ok so if you swapped the cyan & magenta drums round the cyan is good but the magenta still faint then you must have an issue with the magenta developer unit.

The technician came today and checked it and said that the magenta developer unit had lost some developer, he'll try to add up some developer later today, will update once he does that.

Amrss
10-05-2021, 07:51 PM
So eventually the problem was fixed by adding developer to the magenta developer unit.
I tried printing a magenta test page and the color was rich

tsbservice
10-05-2021, 07:58 PM
So eventually the problem was fixed by adding developer to the magenta developer unit.
I tried printing a magenta test page and the color was rich

Yes, one color background almost always bad developer unit/bias or dev/toner mix. Can be drum issue also but background won't be evenly laid on entire page.

Amrss
10-05-2021, 08:05 PM
Yes, one color background almost always bad developer unit/bias or dev/toner mix. Can be drum issue also but background won't be evenly laid on entire page.

Thank you sir, and to everyone who replied

Custom Search