PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Blurry text in spots 951

Custom Search

Lx5
10-05-2021, 08:05 AM
the problem is at the morning. when the customer turns on the machine, the first 100-200 pages are blurry like the example and after that,this symptom never occurs again till the next day. I did change drum,developer,charging (because of maintenance) and the symptom still occurs. It only stops if i clean the drum with isopropyl alcohol. I also did clean the discharge but nothing changed. Any guesses?

The example is before the cleaning the drum and after cleaning it. The background of the tabs also missing before the cleaning and it never happens on the same spots. Its random.

lartis.aineias
10-05-2021, 08:08 AM
the problem is at the morning. when the customer turns on the machine, the first 100-200 pages are blurry like the example and after that,this symptom never occurs again till the next day. I did change drum,developer,charging (because of maintenance) and the symptom still occurs. It only stops if i clean the drum with isopropyl alcohol. I also did clean the discharge but nothing changed. Any guesses?

The example is before the cleaning the drum and after cleaning it. The background of the tabs also missing before the cleaning and it never happens on the same spots. Its random.Can you update the pictures as jpeg?

Στάλθηκε από το AC2003 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Lx5
10-05-2021, 08:20 AM
Can you update the pictures as jpeg?

done. you can check the original post.

lartis.aineias
10-05-2021, 08:22 AM
Can you update the pictures as jpeg?

Στάλθηκε από το AC2003 μου χρησιμοποιώντας TapatalkIs drum issue.
Το τύμπανο θα άλλαζα πρώτα! Υπάρχει και μια επιλογή στο adjustment drum sensitive recall, πες τον πελάτη σου να κάνει αυτό κάθε πρωί και να δει πως θα πάει! Μετά αν δεν στρώσει να αλλάξεις τύμπανο!

Toxic
10-05-2021, 08:47 AM
Have this problem on 1100 also, old drum, new drum, same situation.
Find this in troubleshooting and it works ok
Did you try to do adjustment-drum refresh when have that problem?

Image deletion (having left for long)

(1) Symptom
Halftone image has a deletion after being left for long like the very early in the morning.

(2) Cause
When some materials produced by discharge which is on the surface of the photoconductor absorb moisture, electric potential is difficult to attach to the photoconductor’s surface and dot gets disordered. In this case, halftone density gets partially thick while highlight part gets light. This is likely to occur under high humidity and temperature environment.

(3) Solution
<How to remove image deletion>
Perform the photoconductor refresh mode, print halftone image and check if there is image deletion or not. When image deletion gets light, repeat the above procedure until image deletion disappears. (Up to 5 times)
When image deletion does not disappear, replace the photoconductor.
<Image deletion countermeasure>
When turning off the sub-power switch immediately after low print job, do it after keeping idling state for 1 minute after job completion. Do not start up utility.

<How to change the setting of image deletion>
-Change DIPSW103-0 (first-thing-in-the-morning drum refresh operation) from 0 to 1.
0: Perform refresh mode only for H humidity (default)
1: Perform refresh mode for all environment
Function: Perform the first-thing-in-the-morning refresh mode regardless of environment.
Side-effect: WUT gets longer 30sec or so. Toner consumption increases other than H humidity.

-Change DIPSW 46-3 (first-thing-in-the-morning refresh mode operation time change) from 0 to 1.
0: 180sec (default)
1: 300sec
Function: Change the operation time of refresh mode.
Side-effect: WUT and auto refresh mode gets 120sec longer and toner consumption increases

blackcat4866
10-05-2021, 02:06 PM
What sort of environment is the machine kept, and why are you turning it off?

I suspect condensation on the drum, as a result of high humidity or low temperature, or both.
=^..^=

wjurls
10-05-2021, 02:21 PM
High humidity environment. Leave machine on so dehumidifiers can do their job. We see this at the beginning of the school year on at least half our 951's from the machines sitting powered off all summer.

Lx5
10-06-2021, 08:14 PM
What sort of environment is the machine kept, and why are you turning it off?

I suspect condensation on the drum, as a result of high humidity or low temperature, or both.
=^..^=

I was thinking for humidity too but this happend also at summer. To be honest, at summer, is way more blurry than winter.

Thank you all guys for the informations. I will let you know when i try them.

srvctec
10-06-2021, 08:23 PM
I was thinking for humidity too but this happend also at summer. To be honest, at summer, is way more blurry than winter.

Thank you all guys for the informations. I will let you know when i try them.

Around here, it's way more humid in summer than winter and that's when we always had issues with humidity in paper. Now, humidity doesn't cause issues nearly as bad as it did decades ago on analog machines, with all the improvements in the systems.

Zesti
10-07-2021, 11:27 AM
High humidity environment. Leave machine on so dehumidifiers can do their job. We see this at the beginning of the school year on at least half our 951's from the machines sitting powered off all summer.
That's right, high humidity is culprit. Do not turn OFF mains supply and internal heaters keeps humidity in control.

Custom Search