PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous How to easy unlock machine controlled by external App-SafeQ, Papercut, machine itself

Custom Search

tsbservice
10-05-2021, 02:56 PM
There are several ways however this is mostly for techs not familiar with KonMin.

Open Web Connection, Admin mode(default admin password 1234567812345678).
User Auth\Account Track->Authentication Type->User Authentication - OFF
One can input same setting using machine touch panel.

copier tech
10-05-2021, 08:35 PM
There are several ways however this is mostly for techs not familiar with KonMin.

I usually simply turn on public user access.

tsbservice
10-05-2021, 08:53 PM
I usually simply turn on public user access.

Thanks for sharing. Can you explain a bit? What's the user experience? Do they need some extra steps involved to use the machine?

emujo2
10-06-2021, 04:14 PM

As you are a usual wellspring of advice, I am forced to wonder why you posted this bit of info...A tech that walks into an account and turns off the 3rd party authentication app is setting him/herself up for a ass chewing..Are you referring to a machine that has come out of the field with the app installed? Simply turning off authentication will not prevent the app from attempting to re install itself. For a machine that has come out of the field with a no longer needed app installed the more correct way would be to remove it via the open API choices in admin mode. E

tsbservice
10-06-2021, 05:22 PM
As you are a usual wellspring of advice, I am forced to wonder why you posted this bit of info...A tech that walks into an account and turns off the 3rd party authentication app is setting him/herself up for a ass chewing..Are you referring to a machine that has come out of the field with the app installed? Simply turning off authentication will not prevent the app from attempting to re install itself. For a machine that has come out of the field with a no longer needed app installed the more correct way would be to remove it via the open API choices in admin mode. E

I know and mentioned that there are other and more proper ways. But every now and then somebody posts here questions like - Hey we buy this machine from seller and it won't unlock. Some techs don't have KM experience and that may help someone in a hurry. Of course removing authentication from machine in the field make no sense.
Btw thank you for asking because I started to feel like my post wasn't clear enough from ambiguity :)

Custom Search