PDA

View Full Version : What do we reckon to Konica AccurioPrint C759 - needed for my Print Shop

Custom Search

Printer People
10-06-2021, 05:34 PM
I'm just about to replace a few old bizhubs. I have been repairing Canon then Konica boxs for 20 year before going into printing myself but Id still like to look after the main service items myself so a low mileage second user machine is what I'm after, something not to difficult to service would be nice.

I need 50ish CPM and booklet finisher. One of the big copier dealer has a few Konica AccurioPrint C759 with Colour 159k and Black 70k.

Is this a good machine or should i be looking at something else?

emujo2
10-06-2021, 05:39 PM
The C759 is a high end office product and should not be placed into a production environment unless you plan to keep with the recommended duty cycles. I'm not saying it's a bad product, it's just not designed for 24/7 use. e

blackcat4866
10-07-2021, 02:09 AM
The C759 is a high end office product and should not be placed into a production environment unless you plan to keep with the recommended duty cycles. I'm not saying it's a bad product, it's just not designed for 24/7 use. e

+1
It's a good machine, just not production. =^..^=

Printer People
10-07-2021, 10:07 AM
To be fair our volume on digital has dropped of over the years and i dont see it significantly picking up so this machine would be good enough for what we need.

We have put 1.4 million on the current bizhub C652 in about 8 years and its been a good machine.

Gift
10-07-2021, 10:35 AM
To be fair our volume on digital has dropped of over the years and i dont see it significantly picking up so this machine would be good enough for what we need.

We have put 1.4 million on the current bizhub C652 in about 8 years and its been a good machine.

That's really not a lot - I'd probably go with a C454e/C554e - drums on that series do last longer in average thanks to good old charge corona (vs charge roller in newer KM MFPs) and you can trick BK drums/devs into color so save some serious money. Cheat potential on C759 isn't that good. I know this XX4e series is getting a bit outdated and you might consider to bypass the MFP board battery with a new one (and then cut off the old battery) - still the print engine itself is running very well and I expect these units are pretty cheap available so that you also can consider to buy two of them for redundancy and - when the time comes - you have a parts donator.

emujo2
10-07-2021, 01:24 PM
If I was your sales person and you wanted to stick with the C759 no matter what, knowing you were putting it into a production environment, you would go on a per call basis for me, or we smack you with massive overage charges when you starting pumping out 200-300K week. Nothing like being at an office service call 2-3 times a month replacing consumables and losing your ass over it. E

Printer People
10-07-2021, 02:53 PM
That's really not a lot - I'd probably go with a C454e/C554e - drums on that series do last longer in average thanks to good old charge corona (vs charge roller in newer KM MFPs) and you can trick BK drums/devs into color so save some serious money. Cheat potential on C759 isn't that good. I know this XX4e series is getting a bit outdated and you might consider to bypass the MFP board battery with a new one (and then cut off the old battery) - still the print engine itself is running very well and I expect these units are pretty cheap available so that you also can consider to buy two of them for redundancy and - when the time comes - you have a parts donator.

Sounds good advice, you know your stuff....whats the deal with the motherboard battery - what am i gaining.

Printer People
10-07-2021, 03:02 PM
If I was your sales person and you wanted to stick with the C759 no matter what, knowing you were putting it into a production environment, you would go on a per call basis for me, or we smack you with massive overage charges when you starting pumping out 200-300K week. Nothing like being at an office service call 2-3 times a month replacing consumables and losing your ass over it. E

Thankfully your not my "sales person". I'm servicing the machine myself - I've been in the industry since 1987 and I have ran my own print shop since 2004 and like to think I'm still handy with a screwdriver.

I'm after a bit of advice as to what the best models are (second user), not being a full time techy means I'm not up to date with what models are good, bad or indifferent.

Try not to lose your ass over a former techy trying the get advice from a current techy.

Gift
10-07-2021, 03:35 PM
Sounds good advice, you know your stuff....whats the deal with the motherboard battery - what am i gaining.

Nothing real fancy but there's a certain risk that the battery fails over time and this might lead to something between a fixable data corruption up to faulty SSD/controller boards. It's not like it happens very often but I made my experiences and that possibility gains over time of course. You should at least check the battery voltage every now and then.

As I said the entire series from C224e up to C554e is a good choice if you're looking for a good budget solution and prefer to self-service your MFPs and you'll find many helpful content here on CTN. I'd also say the prices for unrefurbished units should be ridiculous low because this series is getting "too old" and "uninteresting" for it's target market - most people looking for 2nd hand units asking for the Cxx8 series, that's why most Cxx4e units end up in "3rd world export" for very little money and sometimes with low meter readings way below 200k total prints.

tsbservice
10-07-2021, 03:36 PM

This is very good advice. +1
I have a client who put on 2 bizhub C224e one after another more than 3 million prints for 5 year period so this series is pretty solid the more you push them the better they will respond :)

drowranger
10-07-2021, 09:48 PM
Hi . We had some issues with Iu's of this machine with premature life and they are not cheap . A workhorse other than that.

Printer People
10-09-2021, 10:30 AM
I have the feelers out for a Konica Minolta C454 or C554E, thanks for the advice.

If anyone's local to York UK and can look after the kit let me know. There comes a point where the you have to let the young guns have there go, plus me knees are killing me after all the years of being on them fixing the bloody boxes

Custom Search