PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 808 misfeeds J32-05 ... simplex!

Custom Search

blackcat4866
10-09-2021, 01:56 AM
I've seen plenty of J32-05 jams, and they've always been on the first side of duplex ... up until now.

On this machine, on SIMPLEX copies the paper stops between the fuser exit roller and the exit roller. It does not snag on the duplex gate ... the duplex gate does not even move. The jam occurs as the leading edge is reaching the fuser exit switch (it can be observed through the exit path). On the jammed page there's a little extra buckle between the fuser and the transfer. And the best part? You have to run 1075 consecutive LTR-R pages to see the first jam. Once it starts it will jam at 8 to 10 copy intervals.

Why LTR-R prints? It's a title company with all the usual settings: Mixed originals, LTR-R & LGL paper sizes (though there are a few J32-05's on LTR, once it starts). The customer runs over 150K pages per month, 1.8M currently, not massive but a good amount of volume.

I've swapped parts from our known working loaner, low count: fuser, fuser exit roller assy (includes sensor & flag), and fuser motor. The fuser drive assembly has no damaged gears, the drive coupler shifts smoothly and stays engaged when running. The fuser exit roller stays coupled/driven. If you let it rest for a while you can get another 1075 uninterrupted prints.

So here's my theory: I think the motor control circuit that drives the fuser motor is overheating, the fuser motor just stops turning, and the paper coasts to a stop or slows enough to show the jam. Since the fuser and fuser exit roller are propelled by a single motor, the whole group of rollers slows or stops together. My next task is to determine which board drives the fuser motor.

Has anybody had experience with this issue? Our highest count 808 is currently at 2.4M with no issues like this. =^..^=

blackcat4866
10-09-2021, 02:23 AM
Fuser motor M30 connects at CN16E on the MFPB. =^..^=

tsbservice
10-09-2021, 07:44 AM

Ouch...it's going to be expensive test. Not much help BC but I like your theory motor driver may overhearing.

tsbservice
10-09-2021, 04:53 PM
BC I take the time to check SM, can be Exit motor M4 involved? Also I see PFTDB(paper feed/transport drive board) mentioned in troubleshooting maybe you can borrow this from another machine.

blackcat4866
10-09-2021, 05:49 PM
BC I take the time to check SM, can be Exit motor M4 involved? Also I see PFTDB(paper feed/transport drive board) mentioned in troubleshooting maybe you can borrow this from another machine.

The paper has jammed before it reaches the exit motor, so maybe not the exit motor.

I suppose that the paper exit sensor PS39 connects through the PFTDB, but can you relate that to the 1075 preliminary copies? I cannot imagine a paper switch waiting 1K prints to misfire. =^..^=

srvctec
10-11-2021, 02:27 PM
I agree it sounds like something in that area is heat sensitive because like you said, why would it wait that many clicks to have the issue.

Custom Search