PDA

View Full Version : C-364 won't take firmware....

Custom Search

Oystercopy
10-10-2021, 06:29 AM
Hey guys.

I've run into this kind of thing before, both with the regular 4 series and with the "e" series as well.

This particular machine is new to me, but the F/W is like a G-072 (very old, possibly original) and when you try to update it, the machine says "USB Stick cannot be recognized" and won't load the F/W.
I've tried several and older USB sticks but I cannot get it to load. I've re-Iniitialized, reformatted both the HDD and the SSD, tried replacing the HDD. Disconnected it (physically) from the board. Nothing
has worked.

The machine has (obviously) been working for years like this, but I hated to resell it with this old of F/W.

thanks in advance

OC

rrrohan
10-10-2021, 06:44 AM
Try ISW method

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

tsbservice
10-10-2021, 08:38 AM
Did you try it leaving front door open?

copier tech
10-10-2021, 10:04 AM
Hey guys.

I've run into this kind of thing before, both with the regular 4 series and with the "e" series as well.

This particular machine is new to me, but the F/W is like a G-072 (very old, possibly original) and when you try to update it, the machine says "USB Stick cannot be recognized" and won't load the F/W.
I've tried several and older USB sticks but I cannot get it to load. I've re-Iniitialized, reformatted both the HDD and the SSD, tried replacing the HDD. Disconnected it (physically) from the board. Nothing
has worked.

The machine has (obviously) been working for years like this, but I hated to resell it with this old of F/W.

thanks in advance

OC

You are reselling a C364 !?

Try the 'version up' firmware at least your customer has slightly better hope of scanning etc.

Oystercopy
10-10-2021, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=copier tech;1926914]You are reselling a C364 !?

I don't know what the version up F/W is.. and I've never done the ISW method before.

Yes, the machine is otherwise in good shape, and just selling it on Craigslist, not through my company.

copier tech
10-10-2021, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=copier tech;1926914]You are reselling a C364 !?

I don't know what the version up F/W is.. and I've never done the ISW method before.

Yes, the machine is otherwise in good shape, and just selling it on Craigslist, not through my company.

Ah I see you are just selling it on don’t worry about the firmware if the print quality is good that is all you need to worry about.

Oystercopy
10-10-2021, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=Oystercopy;1927531]

Ah I see you are just selling it on don’t worry about the firmware if the print quality is good that is all you need to worry about.

I just read through the procedure in the SM regarding the ISW, and I'm confused. I don't know which "folder" they want me to create to load the F/W files in, so the machine
can upload it?

copier tech
10-10-2021, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=copier tech;1927533]

I just read through the procedure in the SM regarding the ISW, and I'm confused. I don't know which "folder" they want me to create to load the F/W files in, so the machine
can upload it?

Have have a read of this bulletin.

srvctec
10-11-2021, 10:19 PM
Well, here in the states, the latest F/W for the non-e machines IS G00-72. You can find later special F/W but those are for specific issues, usually for specific customers or those with the exact same specific issues and we never install those unless it addresses the specific issues the customer has.

Custom Search