PDA

View Full Version : c7000 IC-306 Fiery status "Exited" -"starting... please wait"

Custom Search

raplma
10-11-2021, 06:45 PM
Hi all
So, fired up the efi fiery IC-306 pro80 after the weekend, and noticed about 30 mins later that the c7000 hadn't fired up which it usually does automatically once the controller has booted up. Logged in to see the fiery bar top left say "starting...please wait" the usual green square top right of the bar missing and when you hover over the fiery icon bottom right it is grey and says "Exited"

Yes it's an old controller, running the XP version. I seem to remember it doing it once before 3 years ago, but can't for the life of me remember what I did, and searching online has proved fruitless so far. And no idea where I safely stored any of the system discs, and really don't want to reload.

Sorry for no screen shots posting from home.
Of course, restarted the fiery several times, checked all external physical connections. c7000 boots up fine on its own.

Any help in how to change the fiery status from "exited" most appreciated. The irony is that we will be retiring the machine at the end of the year just needed another 2 months out of it!

Thanks in advance
Mark

Synthohol
10-11-2021, 07:16 PM
Log in through remote desktop and search the hdd for "fiery.exe" and click it. If it keeps exiting there is likely something wrong with the fiery video controller or the system software is semi-kaput.
If you are lucky maybe someone enabled windows restore and you can run system restore to an earlier date.
Of its hardware then that sucks.

Check the event viewer maybe a clue why the fiery.exe service keeps quitting

khattab.al.masry
10-12-2021, 08:21 AM
You can download the operating system what you want from the following link:
https://www.efi.com/support-and-downloads/download-center/?type=&oem=&sid=&model=&os
but you should create account frist.

raplma
10-12-2021, 12:01 PM
Hi all

Well once again many thanks for your replies, most appreciated and especially Synthohol.

Good news, I have managed to fix it.
So for the record and completion of this post this is what I did.

So back tracking and picking up on what you suggested Synthohol:

Back when we picked up the machine I had activated the restore point feature for reasons such as these. I had run it twice, going further back each time. It completed sucessfully, however this made no difference. Next I shut the Fiery down, took it apart, thorough clean, inc. dust and contacts cleaned. OS booted up fine as before, but still no Fiery system.

I happened to come across a post on here (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ricoh-savin-gestetner-lanier/109246-eb-1357-fiery-controller-stuck-starting-please-wait-possible-solution.html) which discussed using the setup file located at C:\CD2\Fiery\setup.exe to reinstall the Fiery system. I did as set out in the post, including renaming the files that didn't overwrite at first go... once completed, rebooted the machine, os ran up fine, but still no Fiery system. So tried again, this time creating a new folder E:\EFI2, I created a new folder because it would not allow me to simply rename the existing folder E:\EFI.old or something as access was denied. Anyway, ran the C:\CD2\Fiery\setup.exe application again mapping it into my new folder E:\EFI2, rebooted and much to my surprise all is well! So, it was the Fiery System software that has become currupt and thankfully not the hardware!

Now in case anyone should be reading this as they are in the same predicament. We own our machines, and we fix our machines and have been doing so for 10+ years, so I am happy to take the risk. Should anyone else try this, you do so completely at your own risk.

So, hats off to you all and on to the next fault!! :cool: which today is a J9401 ADU issue and I've already replaced all the clutches in the ADu about 6 months ago!

Have fun
Mark

feracampos
06-29-2022, 03:03 AM
Hi all

Well once again many thanks for your replies, most appreciated and especially Synthohol.

Good news, I have managed to fix it.
So for the record and completion of this post this is what I did.

So back tracking and picking up on what you suggested Synthohol:

Back when we picked up the machine I had activated the restore point feature for reasons such as these. I had run it twice, going further back each time. It completed sucessfully, however this made no difference. Next I shut the Fiery down, took it apart, thorough clean, inc. dust and contacts cleaned. OS booted up fine as before, but still no Fiery system.

I happened to come across a post on here (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ricoh-savin-gestetner-lanier/109246-eb-1357-fiery-controller-stuck-starting-please-wait-possible-solution.html) which discussed using the setup file located at C:\CD2\Fiery\setup.exe to reinstall the Fiery system. I did as set out in the post, including renaming the files that didn't overwrite at first go... once completed, rebooted the machine, os ran up fine, but still no Fiery system. So tried again, this time creating a new folder E:\EFI2, I created a new folder because it would not allow me to simply rename the existing folder E:\EFI.old or something as access was denied. Anyway, ran the C:\CD2\Fiery\setup.exe application again mapping it into my new folder E:\EFI2, rebooted and much to my surprise all is well! So, it was the Fiery System software that has become currupt and thankfully not the hardware!

Now in case anyone should be reading this as they are in the same predicament. We own our machines, and we fix our machines and have been doing so for 10+ years, so I am happy to take the risk. Should anyone else try this, you do so completely at your own risk.

So, hats off to you all and on to the next fault!! :cool: which today is a J9401 ADU issue and I've already replaced all the clutches in the ADu about 6 months ago!

Have fun
Mark

Oh, I need to enable the restore point feature in mine, just in case. I didn't know about that feature.
Always good seeing random posts about the same machines that I have here.
There's always something new to learn.

Thank you!

Custom Search