PDA

View Full Version : C458 CE password reset.

Custom Search

mike_hartung
10-11-2021, 09:52 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I have not been able to find my solution searching this site. We are a Konicaminolta repair center only. A servicing dealer we are not able to purchase new machines only service existing konicaminolta machines. I have access to the MYkonicaminolta web site. I can get firmware, manuals, OEM parts, ect. We purchase Konicaminolta machines used from wholesalers for resale. I just got in a C458 and the CE password has been changed so I cannot get into service mode. I have tried all the combinations. 9272927292729272, 92729272, 9272, 1234567812345678, 123456788, 00000000, ect. I have access to the License Management web site but not as administrator. I cannot do the reset procedure because I cannot log into the LM admin site. I do not have access to Konicaminolta Tech support because I am just a servicing dealer. I know there was a reset tool for the 4 series and some of the slower 8 series models but I cannot find a reset tool for the C458. Can someone help me to reset the CE password back to factory default so I can get this machine ready for resale PLEASE!!!

lartis.aineias
10-11-2021, 10:00 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I have not been able to find my solution searching this site. We are a Konicaminolta repair center only. A servicing dealer we are not able to purchase new machines only service existing konicaminolta machines. I have access to the MYkonicaminolta web site. I can get firmware, manuals, OEM parts, ect. We purchase Konicaminolta machines used from wholesalers for resale. I just got in a C458 and the CE password has been changed so I cannot get into service mode. I have tried all the combinations. 9272927292729272, 92729272, 9272, 1234567812345678, 123456788, 00000000, ect. I have access to the License Management web site but not as administrator. I cannot do the reset procedure because I cannot log into the LM admin site. I do not have access to Konicaminolta Tech support because I am just a servicing dealer. I know there was a reset tool for the 4 series and some of the slower 8 series models but I cannot find a reset tool for the C458. Can someone help me to reset the CE password back to factory default so I can get this machine ready for resale PLEASE!!!Try without password.

Στάλθηκε από το AC2003 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

tmmdmmm
10-12-2021, 01:23 AM
Try without password.

Don't believe you can try without a password, if there's no password it will just skip the password screen and go straight to SM. There was a password techs had me try once, last 6 digits of Serial Number twice, followed by 8x 0s.
Last time I was locked out of SM I had to call Konica, they walked me through accessing a menu that reveals a 25 or so digits that embed the S/N and Time, you feed those 25 digits to them, they do their magic and feed you 25 digits back. Type those in and it resets the password.

Unfortunately someone has to be certified on that machine to call in. You might be out of luck and have to find someone who can call their Tech support

Brejvi
10-12-2021, 06:13 AM
Hello,
try 5624 + 4 numbers of serial number. It works for me sometimes.

yasinzaeem
11-22-2021, 06:07 PM
Try without password.

hello
sir i have the same problem. i try to find the nvram reset tool for bizhub c458. but i didn't find it, if some1 help me out i , pls message me.

thx

Synthohol
11-22-2021, 07:06 PM
Last time I was locked out of SM I had to call Konica, they walked me through accessing a menu that reveals a 25 or so digits that embed the S/N and Time, you feed those 25 digits to them, they do their magic and feed you 25 digits back. Type those in and it resets the password.

That's the correct method.
The reset tool is like cracking an egg with a forklift.
Completely unnecessary.
You just need the reset code from admin mode, log on konica (or pay someone with access) and reset it the correct safe way.

emad romimah
03-16-2022, 02:47 PM
I changed the SD ram for bizhub c368but the ce password not changed I think the ce password in the motherboard not in SD ram like bizhub c454 ...so that I think nessary to call to konicaminolta....
If any one have solution for this problem tell me

emujo2
03-16-2022, 03:02 PM
Hey I am just some unidentifiable individual that needs someone to help me gain unrestricted access to a MFP..I swear that I am not going to do anything untoward. Please, someone risk their job with Konica and send me a cheat code so I can bypass all of the security settings the previous user had just to keep someone like me out...Here's an idea, quit buying wholesale equipment "as is". Force the wholesaler to take the responsibility that the devices are free of in use security features. Or maybe hire a local KM tech to come out and do this for you..You get a working machine and the tech gets a little OT..Sorry for my rant, you buy these machines for pennies on the dollar, then want additional free help to get them ready to resell at who knows what profit %..

Custom Search