PDA

View Full Version : C350 dumping waste toner?

Custom Search

OutlawTorn
12-10-2008, 02:32 PM
I was just wondering if anybody has encountered this? I have now had two bizhub C350 machines dumping the waste toner everywhere. The waste toner bottles arent even full and there appears to be no blockages anywhere, yet the waste toner still spills inside the copier - which obviously degrades copy quality eventually. Is there something obvious I am missing here?! Thanks in advance!

B0265
12-10-2008, 03:55 PM
If the waste toner box isn't installed completely straight, there is a possibilty that the shutter on the transfer belt cleaning assy does not open. In that case the waste toner does not go in to the waste toner box. If the waste toner box has been in this position for a while, there is also a risk that the "pipe" on the cleaning assy gets deformed.

brent
12-10-2008, 05:28 PM
where exactly is the waste toner spilling out at? is it just all over the place by the waste toner box and that door?

brent

tervel12
12-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I have seen it where someone has installed the 8020/8031 waste toner bottle and it will spill toner all over the inside of the machine. Be sure you have the correct waste bottle installed.

Steve

OutlawTorn
12-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Its definately the correct waste toner bottle, and to answer the earlier question the toner is pretty much spilling around the entrance of the waste toner bottle and then into the image transfer belt. Its very curious.

fixthecopier
12-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Did you swap the bottle with another to see if it continues.? What about the foam seal around the opening, is it in tact?

OutlawTorn
12-11-2008, 11:51 AM
yes, the waste toner bottle has been replaced twice. I had to replace the image transfer unit as well as it was just too flooded with toner!

fixthecopier
12-11-2008, 12:22 PM
I have never had this, but based on what you have described, I would be looking at the drive and gears that move the auger. Something must not be moving and causing it to back up. Could there be a crack in the tube going into the bottle?

minimerlin
12-11-2008, 10:12 PM
I have had the same problem ...caused by broken auger shaft in transfer belt cleaner section, usually because the bottle is not opening the shutter of this unit, waste toner just compacts then ends up all over the floor!!

redime
12-11-2008, 11:01 PM
The port that dumps into the waste bottle is probably bent some -- ive seen this twice by customers not installing the bottle correctly. Just needs some manual adjusting with your fingers, I was able to get it that way both times.

OutlawTorn
12-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks everyone, some really great feedback here! minimerlin, did replacing the transfer belt unit fix the problem for you then?

B0265
12-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Replacing the transfer belt should solvet it. We have had this happening on C350's and C450's. I think the problem is that when you have a Finsher installed, the customer only push on the front side of the waste toner box when they install an new one.

pepper38_cnd
12-12-2008, 01:15 PM
I have seen this many times, mainly if there is a finisher on the machine. Because there is so little room between the finisher and the machine the customer pulls the waste box towards the front on the machine as they remove it instead of pulling it straight out. This action causes the little plastic part that opens the shutter to snap off at the end, so when the new toner box is inserted the shutter does not open all the way and toner spews over the opening rather than into it. If the life on the transfer belt is still young tie the shutter open, your problem will be solved when the belt is replaced. Instruct your customers how important it is to remove and insert the box squarely. Or have your techs regularly check the box on each call and replace it if it is near full.

buster68
12-12-2008, 04:17 PM
It used to happen all the time with us...customers being sloppy when installing the waste box, esp. on the back where the actual waste is dumped. It actually screws up the image xfer cleaning area so you have to replace it to fix the problem. We've stopped sending our customers the waste bottles and now install them ourselves. Its a lot cheaper than replacing the image xfer unit everytime.

OutlawTorn
12-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Ok everyone, well I have replaced the image transfer belt and the waste toner bottle (and instructed the user NOT too change it themselves!)

here's hoping!

thanks again for all the feedback. Love this place.

minimerlin
12-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks everyone, some really great feedback here! minimerlin, did replacing the transfer belt unit fix the problem for you then?
I used an auger from a used unit as I did not havea new unit to hand, normally I get away with just straightening the bent nozzle end.

Custom Search