PDA

View Full Version : Biz C3350, C3351 creasing paper

Custom Search

copyman
10-13-2021, 11:26 PM
Has anyone found a solution to the C3350 & C3351 creasing the paper? I know a new fuser takes care of it most of the time but I had a few recently it still did it with new fuser or within a month after putting a new fuser unit in. Creases same place for the most part at the one side on bottom half of 8.5x11.
Was wondering if a slightly thicker paper like 24lb would help? Maybe someone has tried it?

Thanks for the help

blackcat4866
10-13-2021, 11:39 PM
How's the environment?

I was at a florists recently. It was a block building with a cement floor. There were thousands of flowers. Each flower had it's own little mister to keep it moist. My hygrometer displayed 75F 65% humidity. Where do you suppose all that humidity is coming from? Maybe a dehumidifier might help? I laughed. And every piece of paper wrinkled ... a lot of them jammed. =^..^=

Phil B.
10-14-2021, 03:15 AM
How's the environment?

I was at a florists recently. It was a block building with a cement floor. There were thousands of flowers. Each flower had it's own little mister to keep it moist. My hygrometer displayed 75F 65% humidity. Where do you suppose all that humidity is coming from? Maybe a dehumidifier might help? I laughed. And every piece of paper wrinkled ... a lot of them jammed. =^..^=I'm surprised there wasn't a puddle on the floor under the fuser area...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

copyman
10-14-2021, 03:32 AM
How's the environment?

I was at a florists recently. It was a block building with a cement floor. There were thousands of flowers. Each flower had it's own little mister to keep it moist. My hygrometer displayed 75F 65% humidity. Where do you suppose all that humidity is coming from? Maybe a dehumidifier might help? I laughed. And every piece of paper wrinkled ... a lot of them jammed. =^..^=

Thanks for reply. Good point. And I cringed when I read the florist story. We all have had the call where a vapor comes off the paper as it exits and the moisture is squeezed off paper! Open warehouses in summer, etc. But seeing flowers being misted near a copier that hurts!

First thing I thought of. When I had this happen this past summer I was thinking humidity but some of the places were ice cold with air condition on all the time. Even brought fresh pack of paper with me (but not 24lb heavier paper) Think I only sold maybe ten C3350's and 7 of them creased the paper at some point. Of course only one thing about it on the Knowledge base and blame the fuser. Even when using the newer C3551 fuser with the black latches still creases. I've lost all faith in this model. Add the issues with the transfer belt crapping out at 50% or less, scanning belt breaking etc. I like the other small machines made by other OEM's and Kon Min puts their badge on it. Made by Lexmark, etc. Perhaps Kon/Min should stick with the 20 ppm and up models because most of their small machine designs are very poor!

copier tech
10-14-2021, 07:42 AM
Has anyone found a solution to the C3350 & C3351 creasing the paper? I know a new fuser takes care of it most of the time but I had a few recently it still did it with new fuser or within a month after putting a new fuser unit in. Creases same place for the most part at the one side on bottom half of 8.5x11.
Was wondering if a slightly thicker paper like 24lb would help? Maybe someone has tried it?

Thanks for the help

Since you tried a new/fresh ream of paper you can rule that out.

Is it creasing or wrinkling the paper ? if it is wrinkling the last half of the page the issue is the exit rollers, the fuser is pushing the paper through the exit rather than he exit rollers gripping & pulling the page through.

B0265
10-14-2021, 08:00 AM
Suggestions from KM:
1.) Too much pressure being applied to the Exit rollers by the Idler roller Assy. when the paper exits the machine.
2.) Worn or Soiled Paper Exit Rollers. / Paper Exit Idler Rollers.

Reduce the spring pressure to the exit idler rollers to see if this makes any difference.

blackcat4866
10-14-2021, 11:43 PM
Who knows ... the 24# bond might help. It's worth a try. =^..^=

copyman
10-15-2021, 12:16 AM
Update....

Hi. Thanks to all that posted. Special thanks to the posters who mentioned the "exit rollers" . This pointed me in the right direction and sure enough found the rollers deteriorated. In one sense I'm happy finally found a solution but still pissed that this happen to a machine with 30K total clicks! Just add this to the other things I mentioned in prior post and this machine is heading toward the "worst machines list" made by Kon/Min!

The material on the 2 exit rollers broke down from the heat (my theory) and became loose. I put slight pressure on the bottom idler roller and creasing / wrinkling went away so confirmed this issue is caused by the exit rollers. And let me say it's not easy to get to those rollers. Machine has to be seriously taken apart to remove exit unit. Weird thing is looked at 3350 parts machine in shop and the rollers seem to be a different material and in perfect shape. This is what makes me think heat breaks down the roller material over the 5 yrs since sold. The low 30k page count has nothing to due with this breakdown of roller. It is the years rollers were exposed to the heat plus using cheap material!

Also not sure why a new fuser takes care of the creasing for a while. And even had this on a very low meter C3351 so this means they still used the same crap rollers!

blackcat4866
10-15-2021, 12:18 AM
Congratulations on your success. =^..^=

copier tech
10-15-2021, 08:38 AM
Update....

Hi. Thanks to all that posted. Special thanks to the posters who mentioned the "exit rollers" . This pointed me in the right direction and sure enough found the rollers deteriorated. In one sense I'm happy finally found a solution but still pissed that this happen to a machine with 30K total clicks! Just add this to the other things I mentioned in prior post and this machine is heading toward the "worst machines list" made by Kon/Min!

The material on the 2 exit rollers broke down from the heat (my theory) and became loose. I put slight pressure on the bottom idler roller and creasing / wrinkling went away so confirmed this issue is caused by the exit rollers. And let me say it's not easy to get to those rollers. Machine has to be seriously taken apart to remove exit unit. Weird thing is looked at 3350 parts machine in shop and the rollers seem to be a different material and in perfect shape. This is what makes me think heat breaks down the roller material over the 5 yrs since sold. The low 30k page count has nothing to due with this breakdown of roller. It is the years rollers were exposed to the heat plus using cheap material!

Also not sure why a new fuser takes care of the creasing for a while. And even had this on a very low meter C3351 so this means they still used the same crap rollers!

I agree not a great model & yes these exit rollers are not easy to get at however since you went to the effort of stripping down the machine to gain access I would have replaced them with the modified type while you were had it apart.

copyman
10-15-2021, 01:37 PM
I agree not a great model & yes these exit rollers are not easy to get at however since you went to the effort of stripping down the machine to gain access I would have replaced them with the modified type while you were had it apart.

Sorry for confusion. I did not take apart the machine at customers office yet. Looking in manual at the steps to remove the exit unit is why I said it look like a big job to get to rollers. Have a machine in shop that I had swapped with a customer because of the wrinkling and saw the bad rollers on this machine. So assuming this will be the case with any C3350 I have in field that wrinkles the paper.

Also have a parts machine in shop that has good rollers but not going to use the rollers. Going to order new exit roller shafts for customers machines. $45 each for a plastic shaft with 2 rollers!

Thanks again

byronf
10-15-2021, 06:40 PM
Hi All,

This issue is common from C25, C35, C3110, C3350 & C3351.

Issue is the two parts attached.

tsbservice
10-15-2021, 08:17 PM
Hi All,

This issue is common from C25, C35, C3110, C3350 & C3351.

Issue is the two parts attached.

So actuator and paper exit roller. I don't have many of these luckily but good info to know byronf.

byronf
10-15-2021, 08:53 PM
So actuator and paper exit roller. I don't have many of these luckily but good info to know byronf.
Hi,
It's the Holder and rollers ASSY.

copyman
10-16-2021, 03:33 AM
Hi,
It's the Holder and rollers ASSY.

Good to know. I searched knowledge base and did not see anything about modified parts. Well I know for sure I have bad rollers on machine at shop. Will order a few of those parts for my customers that will eventually call back with wrinkling / creasing.

Looks even worse replacing holder. A real pain in the ass job! If everything has to be swapped over to new holder that sucks! Minimum 2 hour job.

Thanks

byronf
10-16-2021, 05:11 AM
Good to know. I searched knowledge base and did not see anything about modified parts. Well I know for sure I have bad rollers on machine at shop. Will order a few of those parts for my customers that will eventually call back with wrinkling / creasing.

Looks even worse replacing holder. A real pain in the ass job! If everything has to be swapped over to new holder that sucks! Minimum 2 hour job.

Thanks

Hi,
Worn rollers are not the cause of this, the issue comes from the holder you will notice the rollers assy wears that bushing down leaving a play. Yes If it's your fist time it could take 2 hours with practice 30mins, I normally use parts from the graveyard from c25 / c35 you have to cut the knobs out so the fuser sits right.

If you have taken the scanner unit out or changed power supply of these models in the past then you should be ok.
NB: on the new models you will have to also take the control panel off.

copyman
10-16-2021, 05:27 AM
Hi,
Worn rollers are not the cause of this, the issue comes from the holder you will notice the rollers assy wears that bushing down leaving a play. Yes If it's your fist time it could take 2 hours with practice 30mins, I normally use parts from the graveyard from c25 / c35 you have to cut the knobs out so the fuser sits right.

If you have taken the scanner unit out or changed power supply of these models in the past then you should be ok.
NB: on the new models you will have to also take the control panel off.

Ok that's good info. The rollers definitely the issue on machine in shop creasing the paper. Not sure how machines with 10 or 20K page counts can wear anything down but a new holder is worth a try.

Custom Search