PDA

View Full Version : SP 5210SF wont fax in afternoon

Custom Search

ABS tect
10-18-2021, 05:55 PM
I have a customer who says their faxes won't go through to their online program (eclinical works) only in the afternoon 2-5ish every day.

When they come in the morning, faxes go through fine.

What should I be looking at for the culprit? Any guesses? Let me know if you need more info, facsimile is definitely my weak spot.

slimslob
10-18-2021, 05:58 PM
Try a setting in eClinical.

ABS tect
10-18-2021, 06:06 PM
Try a setting in eClinical.

Ok I will be going out this afternoon...what setting am i looking for?

slimslob
10-18-2021, 06:24 PM
Ok I will be going out this afternoon...what setting am i looking for?

One that specifies time blocks in which faxes can be sent or are blocked from being set. Also watch to se if the 5210 is busy most of the afternoon receiving faxes like from pharmacies. With most software that automatically send faxes, if the fax line/machine is busy it will wait 15 minutes and try again and again until the fax is not busy, usually a little after 5PM.

Gift
10-20-2021, 03:53 PM
I have a customer who says their faxes won't go through to their online program (eclinical works) only in the afternoon 2-5ish every day.

When they come in the morning, faxes go through fine.

What should I be looking at for the culprit? Any guesses? Let me know if you need more info, facsimile is definitely my weak spot.

Perhaps the line quality is bad at certain times because of too much load or bandwith issues - most analogue devices are hooked up via adapters to the "VoIP cosmos". You can try and optimize the modem parameters, like disable V34 protocol and reducing the speeds in order to make the transmissions less depending to good line conditions. In case the problem is always reproduceable at certain times you can also try an "oldschool, analogue phone" and connect this to the fax line and to try some calls - perhaps the line isn't available at all....

ABS tect
10-20-2021, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I went back at 2:30 and of course the fax went through. They have one fax line going into the machine (#1), then another fax line with a different number (#2) going into a computer that is always on to pretty much only receive faxes into the eclinical works program. So they are faxing from the 5210 with Phone number #1 to the computer with phone number #2.

I told them to verify the phone lines with the phone company, and then I wasn't able to get into eclinical works to check settings as slim suggested. So they started a ticket with eclinical to get someone to look into that and now I am just waiting to hear back from them.

I'll do my best to report back.

Custom Search