PDA

View Full Version : KMBH754 prt speed mem upgrade

Custom Search

digicor
10-18-2021, 06:22 PM
will upgrading the mem on a c754 speed up larger file's sent to print? clien periodically sends large plans 10-15 pages on 11x17 and it takes 15min to spool and print, otherwise the print is fine, the driver is the KM c754 pcl they are running win10
where is the buffer speed if there is one, located? i am more familiar with ricoh , the buffer speed has an effect on the prt speed in some cases
i looked in the admin tools, prnt sections, and in the web access..
thanks for any insight

Synthohol
10-18-2021, 09:34 PM
Print jobs spool faster on the copiers HDD.
Make sure in printer settings that it is set to allow it
(Spool print jobs to hdd)
Also I have always found the PS driver to be faster and show better color. YMMV

digicor
10-18-2021, 09:59 PM
Print jobs spool faster on the copiers HDD.
Make sure in printer settings that it is set to allow it
(Spool print jobs to hdd)
Also I have always found the PS driver to be faster and show better color. YMMV
printer settings in web access or can this be found on the panel level?or in service mode?

Synthohol
10-18-2021, 10:07 PM
admin mode.

Printer Settings
Basic Settings

Spool Print Jobs in HDD before RIP

I.6.5.1.(4) Spool Print Jobs in
HDD before RIP

emujo2
10-19-2021, 01:19 PM
Adding memory will not help as this RAM is used for the LK options only.

emujo2
10-19-2021, 01:27 PM
will upgrading the mem on a c754 speed up larger file's sent to print? clien periodically sends large plans 10-15 pages on 11x17 and it takes 15min to spool and print, otherwise the print is fine, the driver is the KM c754 pcl they are running win10
where is the buffer speed if there is one, located? i am more familiar with ricoh , the buffer speed has an effect on the prt speed in some cases
i looked in the admin tools, prnt sections, and in the web access..
thanks for any insight

I have seen a few issues that cause massive delays in spooling and printing..1st if the files are being printed by IE, edge, chrome ect.. instead of DC reader, and if the files are true PS files. open the see whats printing viewer for the driver. Send a job and watch the spool process. If the file size shows 3KB (just a guess) and the spool size hits 3 MB then the PCL driver is having to do way to much work. Switch to the PS driver. For jobs that try to print via a web browser, just change the Open with default. E

Custom Search