PDA

View Full Version : Yellow lines on scan direction - Pro C6500

Custom Search

orestesp
10-19-2021, 06:39 PM
Hi guys,

Has anyone seen this before? It started doing these lines (they are repeating the same pattern approx. every 5 cm) while it was in the middle of a print job. All in the scan direction (perpendicular to the feed direction) spanning the whole width of the sheet (13 x 19").

New drum and developer powder on the yellow, corona is just over life, DV unit although within life there is something wonky with it... It's what I suspect to be honest.

Thank you for your input.50470

Toxic
10-20-2021, 10:14 AM
You are right, check gears on developing unit.

Repeater Mark
[Symptom]
On the output image, cyclic soilage or white area appears.
[Cause]
Failed mechanical part.
・Approx 188mm pitch: Damage on the drum surface.
・Approx 251mm pitch: Damage on the fusing belt
・Approx 53mm pitch: Developer conveyance failure of developing sleeve.
・Approx 95mm pitch: Soiled second transfer roller
[Solution]
Clean or replace the failed part or unit.

tulintron
10-20-2021, 12:56 PM
Have you tried test pattern?

Test pattern eliminates file, IC or Fiery, data cable.

You can also invert the developer units just by plugging the toner inlet. Can invert cylinders and coronas.

But, I would shoot IPB board.

orestesp
10-20-2021, 06:00 PM
Well, after having no power for the better part of the day, I started her up late in the afternoon to try and further diagnose the issue... and it was gone.

...mission accomplished I guess?

raplma
10-21-2021, 09:21 AM
What you mean to tell us you hadn't already tried the turn it off turn it back on method that fixes 99% of issues....shame on you ;) (Englishmans whitt!)

You know it will be waiting in the background ready to pounce when you're ten sheets from completing a job, and you'll spend the rest of the day getting 10 sheets out!
Although I'm sure like me, you prefer it when something you have specifically done fixes an issue, rather than it simply dissapearing, and I have plenty of those!

Well done!
Mark

orestesp
10-21-2021, 05:24 PM
What you mean to tell us you hadn't already tried the turn it off turn it back on method that fixes 99% of issues....shame on you ;) (Englishmans whitt!)

You know it will be waiting in the background ready to pounce when you're ten sheets from completing a job, and you'll spend the rest of the day getting 10 sheets out!
Although I'm sure like me, you prefer it when something you have specifically done fixes an issue, rather than it simply dissapearing, and I have plenty of those!

Well done!
Mark

If only turning it off and back on again solved more problems that would be great! :D

raplma
10-21-2021, 07:09 PM
Lol!
It worked for me today when the c7000 print controller went down again, much to my relief as the customer was standing with me at the time!

tsbservice
10-21-2021, 07:26 PM
'Reboot is always good' tells my ex colleague regarding Windows. I take it further seriously.
It's like little mantra now for me :)

Custom Search