PDA

View Full Version : Fan Trouble - error 52-01

Custom Search

Juxta5
12-10-2008, 08:40 PM
I have a 52-01 error a Konica 8050. It is the cooling fan (M42) for the DC supply board.

3 months ago I had the error, and replaced the fan. The error went away, now it is back. I checked/cleaned the fan and the connection -- they are fine. The manual also mentions the Print Control Board could be faulty, but it is fine because I had it checked out by Hytec.

When this printer throws the error, I turn it off for a few minutes, then turn it back on and the error clears. The machine runs fine for a period of time, varies from 30 minutes - to a day or so. Then the error comes back, the only pattern is that the error does not happen when the printer is ilde, only when it is being used.

Any ideas on what triggers' this error? Electrical current or heat? Could a transistor on the Printer Control board be failing under heat or extended load? That might explain why it passed at Hytec, but will fail when in use.

It is a very clean machine, 450,000 clicks, good steady power supply in on "office environment" carpeting (very low pile). I mentioned the carpet because of where the fan is situated.

Any thoughts?

Custom Search