PDA

View Full Version : DI350 duplex problem

Custom Search

eg101
12-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Am running into problem with more than one DI350 that gives false duplex jams. Paper just starts into the fuser for second side and then ejects.
When I check jam counts (for location of jam) no jams were counted.
:p
Any suggestions?

Dialta
12-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi

You have a problem with UPR roller - repleace it.

eg101
12-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi

You have a problem with UPR roller - repleace it.
?
I'm sorry but I don't know what roller you mean. Fuser? Paper Feed? Transfer?
The fuser section and duplex sections have been replaced already.

Dialta
12-11-2008, 10:31 PM
I think for upper teflon roller.
If you have mentioned it on section used - error. It install new teflon and after case. This theme was described on: Di350 nadmiar toneru, wypuk?e kopie, echo (http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1146948.html) .Unfortunately, in polish. I will translate it tomorrow.:D bye

fixthecopier
12-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Do you have a finisher on it and if so what kind?

eg101
12-12-2008, 12:16 PM
No finisher

fixthecopier
12-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Are you saying that the paper has already gone through the duplexer and jams going into the fuser or are you saying that the paper is jamming as it is getting ready to enter the duplexer?

eg101
12-13-2008, 04:35 AM
Are you saying that the paper has already gone through the duplexer and jams going into the fuser or are you saying that the paper is jamming as it is getting ready to enter the duplexer?
The paper stops as it begins to enter the duplex unit and backs out of the duplexer, paper has only been printed on side one.

fixthecopier
12-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Well, I am puzzled, to say the least. I have worked on hundreds of these machines and have never seen this. Logic would say that the motor on the duplexer, which drives it all would be bad, but you said you changed the duplexer and fuser. At this point, if it were my machine, I would swap out the MFB and then the pwb-a. My logic would be , if the motors and photocells are good, then the boards that are telling thm what to do may have a problem.
I have to change a right side door on one Monday, I will look at it closely for other things that maay cause your trouble. One more thing to look at, Make sure the photo cell in the duplexer are working. Sometimes the duplexer plug does not get pushed in all the way and bends one of the prongs. Inspect the plug area.

NorDH
12-14-2008, 08:59 PM
How far into the fuser does the paper goes? Does it activate the fuser exit sensor?
I've changed a lot of the photointerrupter that's placed in the fuser exit. When the photointerrupter dosen't work properly, it causes paper jams.

eg101
12-15-2008, 02:09 AM
How far into the fuser does the paper goes? Does it activate the fuser exit sensor?
I've changed a lot of the photointerrupter that's placed in the fuser exit. When the photointerrupter dosen't work properly, it causes paper jams.
The Fuser and Duplex unit have been replaced. I think the P C Boards have been replaced (the one's under the copy tray).

I'm really suprised no one has seen this problem. It is in more than one machine and the only simalarity is that it happens within a few months after the fuser is replaced but not to all machines after fuser replacement.

NorDH
12-15-2008, 08:51 PM
The way you describe the problem it sounds like the photointerrupter is poor.
How long is it since the fuser have been replaced? Sometimes the photointerrupter is broken after just a few weeks. I think i would have tryed to change the photointerrupter just to rule out the sensor.

eg101
12-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Replaced the Photo-interruptor in the fuser, didn't help.
Replaced the fuser assembly with a used one from the shop and the problem seems to be solved. Go figure.

Custom Search