PDA

View Full Version : Print quality problem C284

Custom Search

ferro10
10-20-2021, 11:29 AM
Hi everyone, I'm finding a decidedly strange problem on a Konica C284.
Apparently the prints come out with rows and black shadows (see Attachment)
The customer reports this:
When printing on common white paper the problem almost never occurs.
After performing a work on recycled paper the prints come out as an attachment.

The BK drum is new and also the belt

I close a hand to solve this problem I'm getting mad ..

copyman
10-20-2021, 01:09 PM

Rule # 1 don't trust what customer says about the recycled paper. You have to go there and see for yourself! Don't make sense only happens with recycled paper!

Was drum a rebuilt or aftermarket? looks like the black drum cleaning blade flipped. If it's not doing it with color you can rule transfer belt out. Did you try another black drum? Or swap black chip with one of the color drums for troubleshooting purposes.

ferro10
10-20-2021, 02:18 PM
Rule # 1 don't trust what customer says about the recycled paper. You have to go there and see for yourself! Don't make sense only happens with recycled paper!

Was drum a rebuilt or aftermarket? looks like the black drum cleaning blade flipped. If it's not doing it with color you can rule transfer belt out. Did you try another black drum? Or swap black chip with one of the color drums for troubleshooting purposes.

The drum is an aftermarket but in the warehouse I also own an original drum and can replace it.
The printer when it was verified I will have done more than 200 copies on normal paper without detecting problems after replacing the belt

I'm going to check what happens and replace the drum with an original one and let's see what happens.

copier tech
10-20-2021, 03:28 PM
The drum is an aftermarket but in the warehouse I also own an original drum and can replace it.
The printer when it was verified I will have done more than 200 copies on normal paper without detecting problems after replacing the belt

I'm going to check what happens and replace the drum with an original one and let's see what happens.

Another case of compatible parts causing issues.

Go back with the original KM image unit & you should be OK.

blackcat4866
10-21-2021, 12:28 AM

+1 on all of this.

I always listen and consider what the enduser tells me.
Then ... I make my own observations. Rarely, do I come to the same conclusions. =^..^=

mojorolla
10-21-2021, 04:34 PM
+1 on all of this.

I always listen and consider what the enduser tells me.
Then ... I make my own observations. Rarely, do I come to the same conclusions. =^..^=

So true.
Somewhere between what the end user tells us AND what the machine tells us is the truth, and ultimately the solution.

:)

tsbservice
10-21-2021, 06:24 PM
So true.
Somewhere between what the end user tells us AND what the machine tells us is the truth, and ultimately the solution.

I will second that. So glad machines today have many ways to tell the truth.
I actually ask the customer, listen to the machine and make my decision.

copyman
10-21-2021, 10:30 PM
Here is one to add to our "smart" customers list. One of my customers calls about a week ago and buys a Kip Color Wide format (1,025 lbs) for a new building. I go there today to scope out the best way to "roll it in" when I deliver next week. When I get there the people at that location tell me the new office is 2nd floor !!!

Wouldn't you think this is important enough to tell me ahead of time! Now i have to hire a mover with a robot to take up the steps ( $1,000 added to the invoice)

mojorolla
10-21-2021, 11:27 PM
Here is one to add to our "smart" customers list. One of my customers calls about a week ago and buys a Kip Color Wide format (1,025 lbs) for a new building. I go there today to scope out the best way to "roll it in" when I deliver next week. When I get there the people at that location tells me the new office is 2nd floor !!!

Wouldn't you think this is important enough to tell me ahead of time! Now i have to hire a mover with a robot to take up the steps ( $1,000 added to the invoice)
I have found that common sense ain't so common these days.

When I schedule a delivery I ask 3 questions:
1. any stairs, steps or thresholds going up or down to where the machine will be installed ?
2. how is it being connected to the network ? This comes from customer and Sales not understanding the difference between a wireless MFP and a wireless network. "NO, the machine is not wireless, but YES you will be able to print wirelessly once it is connected to the network". Just in case we have wifi extender's in the truck
3. Do you have IT onsite or a company that manages your network ? If not, approx how many PCs to network and are any of them Macs ? Do you know what version on Mac ? The second part of this question is usually followed by a long silence.

While every one of these questions is on our Sales installation form, common sense has taught me to ask the same questions again.

romario
10-21-2021, 11:30 PM

It seems failure of black unit cylinder blade, intanta change of km cylinder unit

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAA ngNWGAAAA/0lEQVR4AYXNMSiEcRyA4cfmGHQbCZIipkuxnJgMStlMNmeyD2d wmc8 sZgxYJd9ErIZFHUyYYD7fkr6l4/rnvmtl7 KitrqV/fq2Y5eLY3Z9S48eRLe7BmVZ9qhTLhQ0algzZWQOVKSsCF8OjAn wbxDTWFDUhPK/jMr1H6HE/IqRky2DyvCefuwItwZzodVoYRiLqMkVCXrwpJ9twZ sgfDYEFYl8wIWxZ9uFf7zkallxlJh4YrLGsKjZRx7VGHhLqwgF UN45DGdb8MeXGpgB4ABZdeDcpZEY51A hyLKz4S1W4MQWm3AibWtgWmk6dyISa1pSdyWTOlLXVp0 eL9D/ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

mojorolla
10-21-2021, 11:32 PM
I will second that. So glad machines today have many ways to tell the truth.
I actually ask the customer, listen to the machine and make my decision.

"it literally jammed a dozen times this morning"

Goes into log and reveals a single jam due to paper size not set right.

"Well, that doesn't sound good, let me see what I can find"

Mumbles, lying sack of sh*^ under my breath

"All set Sir, have a great day"

Drives 3 hours back to the shop

copyman
10-22-2021, 01:04 AM
I have found that common sense ain't so common these days.

When I schedule a delivery I ask 3 questions:
1. any stairs, steps or thresholds going up or down to where the machine will be installed ?
2. how is it being connected to the network ? This comes from customer and Sales not understanding the difference between a wireless MFP and a wireless network. "NO, the machine is not wireless, but YES you will be able to print wirelessly once it is connected to the network". Just in case we have wifi extender's in the truck
3. Do you have IT onsite or a company that manages your network ? If not, approx how many PCs to network and are any of them Macs ? Do you know what version on Mac ? The second part of this question is usually followed by a long silence.

While every one of these questions is on our Sales installation form, common sense has taught me to ask the same questions again.

This was kinda of my fault as well because I usually ask all the important questions. We had a few conversations about needing 220v outlet, etc. But they already have the same machine at home office so didn't need to discuss much since they were familiar with mach.

The confusion was they have a few buildings at this new location, all one story. No way I expected them to install above the garage which is only part 2 story. But guess I should of asked knowing how customers are!

rrrohan
10-22-2021, 03:43 AM
"it literally jammed a dozen times this morning"

Goes into log and reveals a single jam due to paper size not set right.

"Well, that doesn't sound good, let me see what I can find"

Mumbles, lying sack of sh*^ under my breath

"All set Sir, have a great day"

Drives 3 hours back to the shop

That's why I log into check CSRC log first

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Custom Search