PDA

View Full Version : C-458, "Function Cannot Be Used Because the Scanner is Not Available"

Custom Search

Oystercopy
10-20-2021, 04:50 PM
Strange issue... customer was copying and scanning properly for the last few days (99% Letter), but when she tried to copy a Legal document and reduce it onto Letter, this message came up, and now the Copying/Scanning will not function at all. She's tried rebooting it, etc but it does not go away. The Legal document in question did not even enter the RADF, and just stopped an inch or so in.... very strange. But the machine is printing fine, all day long.

Any help appreciated!
OC

Synthohol
10-20-2021, 05:35 PM
Just do a trouble reset.

Oystercopy
10-20-2021, 06:47 PM
Just do a trouble reset.

Hey, THANKS so much! That got the machine working, at least for now. I've never had to use the Trouble Reset for anything other than a Fuser code, or something like that!
OC

tsbservice
10-20-2021, 07:00 PM
Just do a trouble reset.

You beat me on that Synthohol, good man.
P.S.
Just day before had one C458 acting strange.
When I attempted to enter SM pressing counter did nothing. I said to machine 'F. off' I will enter any way.
Did it backdoor. However I cannot print MML list, cannot do paper passage test from both trays and DF, cannot print test single pattern. I said to machine again 'F. off' I will do trouble reset as I was actually in it.
Rebooted and voila.

blackcat4866
10-21-2021, 12:31 AM
It would have been a good idea to print off the management list to at least see what the error was. =^..^=

Custom Search