PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C258 artefacts, strange lines on printouts

Custom Search

Takhnamishvili
10-20-2021, 11:02 PM
Hello guys.

Bizhub C258 prints very strange black lines.

Swapping PH unit + PH unit control board did not help;
Swapping FRSB did not help;
Swapping High Voltage Unit did not help;
Swapping MFPB did not help.

Machine has only 80K clicks on counter, spare parts life are about 50%, consumables are genuine.

Any suggestions will be highly appreaciated.

Check attachment. It's printed from service mode, with 0 bit black. Zoom it in for better visual understanding.

blackcat4866
10-20-2021, 11:42 PM
Those would have been my choices.

Do you get any of the original image?
Is this a background behind the text?
Was the sample a black-only scan, or a color scan? I suspect it's a black scan since there are no color pixels that I can identify. I would expect to see a couple color pixels ... even if the defect is black only.
Was this page fed LEF or SEF? If it was SEF, I would try the primary charge roller first (black drum unit assy).

=^..^=

Phil B.
10-21-2021, 01:20 AM

Was the sample a black-only scan, or a color scan? I suspect it's a black scan since there are no color pixels that I can identify. I would expect to see a couple color pixels ... even if the defect is black only.
Was this page fed LEF or SEF? If it was SEF, I would try the primary charge roller first (black drum unit assy).

=^..^=So many questions... so little info. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

byronf
10-21-2021, 03:15 AM
Hello guys.

Machine has only 80K clicks on counter, spare parts life are about 50%, consumables are genuine.

Check attachment. It's printed from service mode, with 0 bit black. Zoom it in for better visual understanding.

Hi,
This seems to be your drum unit, 80k these charge rollers start failing. Change your drum K.

tmmdmmm
10-21-2021, 03:31 AM
Hello guys.

I've only ever seen this once, on an i series with a drum at 40k clicks. Back before we carried the i series drums in our stock, was more of a headache to troubleshoot than I care admit. I'd say 100% drum

copier tech
10-21-2021, 08:23 AM
Hello guys.

I assume before you replaced all these boards you did swap the black IU & transfer units first or at least remove & look to see it the blades are cleaning?

Takhnamishvili
10-21-2021, 08:25 AM

=^..^=

I have not any of the original image, this phenomenon appears only on BW prints. On color printouts there are different vertical lines.
Yes, the sample is black only scan. Page is fed LEF. If the black drum is faulty, does it mean that I have to change it with new one? because I have already swapped Black drum unit with good working one, it gave nothing, changed black developer unit with NEW one and it gave nothing too.

Gift
10-21-2021, 10:30 AM
Have you tried and clear all memory via in SP? (do a USB backup first)

Usually I'd also say it looks related to the stuff you already swapped - perhaps you should really go with a new drum unit just in case.
If you print in color you say it looks different? Are there still black lines or also color lines visible?

We also had case kind of looking like this caused by the PH assy - we circled all around the problem because the image defect didn't appear "digital" to us. But you already ruled that one out...

Takhnamishvili
10-21-2021, 11:47 AM
Have you tried and clear all memory via in SP? (do a USB backup first)

Usually I'd also say it looks related to the stuff you already swapped - perhaps you should really go with a new drum unit just in case.
If you print in color you say it looks different? Are there still black lines or also color lines visible?

We also had case kind of looking like this caused by the PH assy - we circled all around the problem because the image defect didn't appear "digital" to us. But you already ruled that one out...

Thank you for your answer.

When print in color, there are black lines but shape of them are straight, not as wavy as you can see in attachment.

One question, what means SP?

Gift
10-21-2021, 11:49 AM
Thank you for your answer.

When print in color, there are black lines but shape of them are straight, not as wavy as you can see in attachment.

One question, what means SP?

service program

blackcat4866
10-21-2021, 12:58 PM
How about internal prints, like the management list or configuration page? Do you get any of the original image?

If you emergency stop the machine mid-print, is there a properly developed latent image on the belt? I'm thinking probably not. Is there a properly developed latent image on the black drum? If yes, perhaps there is a primary transfer charge issue.

Can you cheat the waste bottle sensors, and see if the black drum is rotating? If the black developer or drum were not rotating you might get an image like this. Or if the laser was not writing the image ... but you've replaced the laser.

Just speculating. Maybe this will start you in another direction. =^..^=

Takhnamishvili
10-21-2021, 01:20 PM
How about internal prints, like the management list or configuration page? Do you get any of the original image?

If you emergency stop the machine mid-print, is there a properly developed latent image on the belt? I'm thinking probably not. Is there a properly developed latent image on the black drum? If yes, perhaps there is a primary transfer charge issue.

Can you cheat the waste bottle sensors, and see if the black drum is rotating? If the black developer or drum were not rotating you might get an image like this. Or if the laser was not writing the image ... but you've replaced the laser.

Just speculating. Maybe this will start you in another direction. =^..^=

Many many thanks for your advices. I will try these steps and will be back with results

tsbservice
10-21-2021, 03:25 PM
Change black drum with new. Your Vpp voltages are trown off. That's why you put another used but good working drum change nothing. New drum with new chip will register correct voltages especially Vpp which in your case may be under 1000, see table 1 those values mean something ;)

Takhnamishvili
10-21-2021, 03:44 PM
Change black drum with new. Your Vpp voltages are trown off. That's why you put another used but good working drum change nothing. New drum with new chip will register correct voltages especially Vpp which in your case may be under 1000, see table 1 those values mean something ;)

All Vpps are above 1000

tsbservice
10-21-2021, 03:56 PM
All Vpps are above 1000

How much above? Post screenshots.

FrohnB
10-21-2021, 04:02 PM
Have you tried a different Transfer roller?

Takhnamishvili
10-21-2021, 08:56 PM
Guys, I solved this issue by increasing Vpp-K value. Image became perfect. Thank to all of you and especially to tsbservice (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/tsbservice.html)! Solution is temporary, customer will change black drum with new one after few days.

tsbservice
10-21-2021, 09:13 PM
Guys, I solved this issue by increasing Vpp-K value. Image became perfect. Thank to all of you and especially to tsbservice (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/tsbservice.html)! Solution is temporary, customer will change black drum with new one after few days.

Glad you sorted it.
Actually those guys who advice to change black drum save the day :)

Takhnamishvili
10-21-2021, 09:41 PM
Glad you sorted it.

Yep, black drum failed, as guys mentioned and advised to change it. But I learned how to solve it temporary, earlier I have never touched Vpp values, did not know anything about them😁

Gift
10-22-2021, 07:17 AM
Glad you sorted it.

Still interesting, I never really fiddled round with KM voltages, too so I'll keep that one in mind and thx for that hint.

copier tech
10-23-2021, 06:12 PM
Yep, black drum failed, as guys mentioned and advised to change it. But I learned how to solve it temporary, earlier I have never touched Vpp values, did not know anything about them😁

You changed all those parts for a simple drum issue?

Takhnamishvili
10-23-2021, 06:24 PM
You changed all those parts for a simple drum issue?

Yes :D

Custom Search