PDA

View Full Version : Error e301 when scanning large documents on a Konica C308

Custom Search

P.Walton
10-25-2021, 05:02 PM
Hi anyone with any ideas on this, i have been looking at a Konica c308 and when scanning large documents it errors with E301 then the machine reboots. It has firmware G00-X4 on the machine. I have tried replacing MFP board with a used 1 but still has same issue. Any help appreciated

Synthohol
10-25-2021, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the forums.
Is the hdd set to "installed"‽
Is the function level set correctly?
Is it set to smb v2?
Does it have uk211 installed (extra ram)

tsbservice
10-25-2021, 08:21 PM
This is dreaded bizhubs error and they solve at least one with every new firmware.
After evaluating valid Synthohol questions try latest and greatest firmware.
As always I would take the stab and do system error clear and Initialize all in such complex issues.
Another thought, how do they scan? If scan to SMB maybe connect to machine with own laptop and setup scan just to bypass their network issue.

emujo2
10-25-2021, 09:33 PM
If you have the additional memory installed, try swapping them around..adding memory will not help as this extra RAM is not used as part of the print/scan process. It's all for LK options. And you didn't mention what type of scanning this is..Email, SMB. file size of your "large" docs. what format (PDF, PDF compact. tiff ect, and are they 1 or 2 sided docs and do you have the dual scan board. E

P.Walton
10-26-2021, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the forums.
Is the hdd set to "installed"‽
Is the function level set correctly?
Is it set to smb v2?
Does it have uk211 installed (extra ram)

HI yeah the HDD is installed, the function level is correct and is set to smb v2. It has no extra ram installed. It was doing this on scan to email, so been back this and set up a smb folder and when you try it to that in comes up with error insufficient memory

P.Walton
10-26-2021, 12:40 PM
If you have the additional memory installed, try swapping them around..adding memory will not help as this extra RAM is not used as part of the print/scan process. It's all for LK options. And you didn't mention what type of scanning this is..Email, SMB. file size of your "large" docs. what format (PDF, PDF compact. tiff ect, and are they 1 or 2 sided docs and do you have the dual scan board. E

Doesnt have additional memory, its compact pdf single sided, yes it has dual scan board. Cant remember the exact size of file but it was about 40 pages with mainly txt. They have 2 other machines and they both work fine. Also tried to scan to a smb folder and that says insufficient memory

emujo2
10-26-2021, 01:38 PM
Most of what I see says HDD is unset..but I did find a little more...

Problem causing CE301 by operation of screen transition of browser application. Problem with CFA14 caused by repeated operation of launching OpenAPI application / MFP standard function(copy etc) from IWS application

SOLUTION: Some Special firmwares are available: GG1-R9 should resolve both these error codes.
If CFA14 is not resolved then update to GG6-R9 which is available for most models in this series, should be available for the other machines by end of March 2018 .

CAUSE: Insufficient scan transmission when scanning Compact PDF, Compact XPS, PPTX, DOCX and XLSX.

SOLUTION: To increase the scan transmission time, please make the following setting changes.

[CAUTION]
1. To set the processing method to use the CPU in the same way as without the expansion memory installed when generating a Compact PDF. (bit 2)

Software SW No.103 0x00: This setting is not applied. (default)
Software SW No.103 0x04: This setting is effective.

3. When set the Software SW No. 103 to 0x04, the scan transmission time of the following file types is increased.:

Compact PDF
Compact XPS
PPTX
DOCX
XLSX

IMPORTANT: The effect of "Software SW No. 103 0x04" will be lost when the following is set to [Prioritize Speed].

Please change it to the following:
[Administrator Settings]> [System Settings]> [PDF Settings]> [Compact PDF Settings]>[Prioritize Quality]

Technical Notes
This issue does not present itself when performing the following types of scans.

Regular PDF at 200/300/400/600dpi
Compact PDF at 200/300dpi

srvctec
10-26-2021, 05:20 PM
Most times I've had this issue, I've backed up the HDD (one touches, groups, etc.) and logically formatted it, re-installed movie data and one touches and that usually takes care of the issue.

Custom Search