PDA

View Full Version : C3350 "Failed to Start, Turn Off and On"

Custom Search

copyman
10-25-2021, 10:42 PM
I've seen this message, "Failed to Start, Turn Off and On" on other models but not the C3350. Any one ever see this on C3350 and how to correct it. Some stuff on this forum and google but nothing definitive.

Thanks in advance

blackcat4866
10-25-2021, 11:18 PM
Take a look at the error history in the service mode. There will be an error code.

If you can, print the management list. It will also have the code.

Also, in the service mode you can turn OFF the "auto reset of internal errors". Then when the error presents, you'll see the actual error code on the screen. =^..^=

femaster
10-26-2021, 05:14 AM
Never seen that message on a C3350, but I have seen it a few times on other, larger, model copiers. The message was always associate with a service code related to the fax board, I think a B004 or B005. I saw it a few times on a copier that didn't have a fax board installed, but had the fax "set" in service mode, and once when the fax board had died. You would get the "Failed to start" error message about a minute or 2 after booting the copier up.

I looked through the install manual for the fax board (FK-512), and nowhere does it mention needing to "set" the board in service mode on the C3350. The C3350 must just detect that it's there during the boot process. If it has a fax option, re-seat the cables for the fax board and see if the message goes away. If the message doesn't there could be an issue with the fax board. Try removing the fax completely and see if the problem is resolved.

If the copier doesn't have a fax board, well, I guess that path will be crossed at that time.

copyman
10-26-2021, 05:28 PM
Take a look at the error history in the service mode. There will be an error code.

If you can, print the management list. It will also have the code.

Also, in the service mode you can turn OFF the "auto reset of internal errors". Then when the error presents, you'll see the actual error code on the screen. =^..^=

Hey Cat,

Thanks for this tip to see the service code. Turns out the code was C2558 for the black image unit. Going back with a new "K" Image unit and should be good to go.

Going to add +1 to your reputation points!

Thanks again

blackcat4866
10-26-2021, 05:48 PM
Hey Cat,

Thanks for this tip to see the service code. Turns out the code was C2558 for the black image unit. Going back with a new "K" Image unit and should be good to go.

Going to add +1 to your reputation points!

Thanks again

Congratulations on your success! =^..^=

Custom Search