PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C754 Factory Reset - Now what?

Custom Search

yakatz
10-26-2021, 06:42 PM
Someone donated a C754 to a non-profit organization that I work with (along with tons of toner). They did a complete reset and hard drive format from the service menu ([System 1] -> [Initialization] -> [Clear All Data]). The machine seems to be working fine except it says "no animation guide available" which I gather refers to the instructions for unjamming.

1. Does it matter that these are missing (other than the annoyance of finding jams and the constant error message on the screen)?

2. Is there a way to get the files?

3. Are there any other pitfalls we might expect to see because of the reset?

Thank you.

Synthohol
10-26-2021, 06:46 PM
1) nope, its just mini videos of how to remove jams.
2) become a contributor and someone will link you to the movie data.
3) nope, none that i can think of.

emujo2
10-26-2021, 07:27 PM
put the machine on a junk pile, sell the toner on Ebay..use the profits to buy a new machine..Even this toner is on backorder..E

tsbservice
10-26-2021, 07:41 PM
put the machine on a junk pile, sell the toner on Ebay..use the profits to buy a new machine..Even this toner is on backorder..E

Not necessarily.

Synthohol
10-26-2021, 07:46 PM
Pm sent anyway...
Please contribute a few dollars to the site, its really apprecoated.

copier tech
10-26-2021, 07:48 PM
Someone donated a C754 to a non-profit organization that I work with (along with tons of toner). They did a complete reset and hard drive format from the service menu ([System 1] -> [Initialization] -> [Clear All Data]). The machine seems to be working fine except it says "no animation guide available" which I gather refers to the instructions for unjamming.

1. Does it matter that these are missing (other than the annoyance of finding jams and the constant error message on the screen)?

2. Is there a way to get the files?

3. Are there any other pitfalls we might expect to see because of the reset?

Thank you.

The C754 is an old model now however perfectly fine for printing & copying. You may have issues scanning due security issues with Windows over the years however there are work arounds.

Since you have plenty of toner you have a number of 'free' prints.

Should you need the movie animation firmware to remove the warning you can contact us at the links below.

tsbservice
10-26-2021, 08:45 PM
The C754 is an old model now however perfectly fine for printing & copying. You may have issues scanning due security issues with Windows over the years however there are work arounds.

Since you have plenty of toner you have a number of 'free' prints.

Should you need the movie animation firmware to remove the warning you can contact us at the links below.

Exactly my thoughts. It will suit most if not every copy/print needs. The only weak point is scanning but with lots of toners it's negligible.

yakatz
10-26-2021, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the help. I am downloading the files now.

I know the machine is old, but it came with the toner in it, plus two unopened blacks and one unopened of each color, so it should serve our needs to a long time.
It looks like it should be able to scan to email and that should be sufficient.

srvctec
10-26-2021, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the help. I am downloading the files now.

I know the machine is old, but it came with the toner in it, plus two unopened blacks and one unopened of each color, so it should serve our needs to a long time.
It looks like it should be able to scan to email and that should be sufficient.

And if scan to email won't work for some reason, there's always the box function that can be used with Pagescope Box Operator or the scan to thumb drive, so you also have options there, even though they might not be ideal.

Custom Search