PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C368 lease returns...

Custom Search

copyman
10-26-2021, 11:19 PM
Off lease warehouse I buy from had a bunch of "8" series machines returned from government office. You guessed it all the HDD's missing & Authentication turned on! Good thing is all the meters are super low. The low meters tell me the government wasted tax payer money once again! A C558 with 8K TOTAL meter, etc. All 30 machines ridiculously low meters. Tells me this government office was over sold as usual!

Anyway I bought a C368 with 12K meter. After installing HDD & formatting and turning off Authentication. Also initialized machine.

It seems to be working ok but had trouble turning off authentication message like it was still showing with it off, some tabs grayed out, etc. Ended up having to change a setting with "public user" to get rid of authentication message.

Now at top of screen it has a "Public" tab showing all the time, is this normal? Don't have another machine in shop to look at. Everything seems to be working good so far.

Thanks in advance

Synthohol
10-27-2021, 03:43 AM
there is a bit switch comparison tool if i recall.
do you have?
or print out a mgt list from a good working one and compare all the software switches.

emujo2
10-27-2021, 01:00 PM
Many of these govt machines had CAC/PIV solutions..No tech would spend any time (at least free time) putting it back to non CAC/PIV..HDDs were removed and handed to customer..You got a deal but you have some work to do

progoffice
10-27-2021, 01:46 PM
Off lease warehouse I buy from had a bunch of "8" series machines returned from government office. You guessed it all the HDD's missing & Authentication turned on! Good thing is all the meters are super low. The low meters tell me the government wasted tax payer money once again! A C558 with 8K TOTAL meter, etc. All 30 machines ridiculously low meters. Tells me this government office was over sold as usual!

Anyway I bought a C368 with 12K meter. After installing HDD & formatting and turning off Authentication. Also initialized machine.

It seems to be working ok but had trouble turning off authentication message like it was still showing with it off, some tabs grayed out, etc. Ended up having to change a setting with "public user" to get rid of authentication message.

Now at top of screen it has a "Public" tab showing all the time, is this normal? Don't have another machine in shop to look at. Everything seems to be working good so far.

Thanks in advance

I think the "public" tab you are seeing is just indicating that user authentication is turned on and public user turned on - usually for black only walk up use of the machine. Try turning off user authentication and see if this tab goes away.

copyman
10-28-2021, 03:30 AM
I think the "public" tab you are seeing is just indicating that user authentication is turned on and public user turned on - usually for black only walk up use of the machine. Try turning off user authentication and see if this tab goes away.

Thanks for the replies!

Like I posted I turned off anything that showed up that had to do with authentication. I figured that's what the "public" tab meant and why my original post. I had a feeling some tabs didn't show up because of security settings. I will have another 8 series in the shop soon and will compare settings side by side.

emujo2, is there somewhere on Kon/Min dealer site on how to change machine back with this CAC/PIV solutions ?

Synthohol, Where can I get that comparison tool? Have a feeling it's some soft sw settings.

Thanks again

Synthohol
10-28-2021, 03:56 AM
PM ;)

tsbservice
10-28-2021, 06:47 AM
PM ;)

Damn Synthohol I was about to send him ssc excel :)

emujo2
10-28-2021, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the replies!

Like I posted I turned off anything that showed up that had to do with authentication. I figured that's what the "public" tab meant and why my original post. I had a feeling some tabs didn't show up because of security settings. I will have another 8 series in the shop soon and will compare settings side by side.

emujo2, is there somewhere on Kon/Min dealer site on how to change machine back with this CAC/PIV solutions ?

Synthohol, Where can I get that comparison tool? Have a feeling it's some soft sw settings.

Thanks again

Look for the AU 211p instructions. There are a few softswitches that need to be set back to the default..E

copyman
10-29-2021, 02:11 AM
Look for the AU 211p instructions. There are a few softswitches that need to be set back to the default..E

Thanks again everyone. Machine is good now. Basically changed soft sw # 12 back to all "0"'s then tabs showed up to turn off authentication & external server

emujo2
10-29-2021, 04:57 PM
That's CAC/PIV..You probably have an AU211 buried in the front door, or in the work table as well. E

copyman
10-30-2021, 04:50 AM
That's CAC/PIV..You probably have an AU211 buried in the front door, or in the work table as well. E

I knew it had the AU211. There was a mini size card reader Velcro'd onto top of WT.

Thanks again for the help. It was great to see that public tab disappear and know machine was back to normal.... I hope:)

Custom Search