PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub c 224 Jam every copy

Custom Search

tekkie
10-28-2021, 12:26 PM
Hi Guys

I have a bizhub c 224 mc that jams every copy jam code 30-03 all trays all sizes
It reaches the fuser unit and feeds out about half an inch doesnt quite hit the exit sensor and jams same place
Its been working fine then just started this yesterday and since then cant get a copy through at all
Ive checked the reg assy and reg clutch and cleaned and checked PS1 exit sensor and PS 3 reg sensor in service mode both ok
Ive tried a new fuser unit no joy
Any ideas guys
New feed tyres been fitted as well just to rule out a timing issue that it doesnt reach exit sensor or leave reg sensor in time

copyman
10-28-2021, 12:40 PM
Hi Guys

I have a bizhub c 224 mc that jams every copy jam code 30-03 all trays all sizes
It reaches the fuser unit and feeds out about half an inch doesnt quite hit the exit sensor and jams same place
Its been working fine then just started this yesterday and since then cant get a copy through at all
Ive checked the reg assy and reg clutch and cleaned and checked PS1 exit sensor and PS 3 reg sensor in service mode both ok
Ive tried a new fuser unit no joy
Any ideas guys
New feed tyres been fitted as well just to rule out a timing issue that it doesnt reach exit sensor or leave reg sensor in time

Think there is a bulletin about this. Believe it's the fuser drive clutch.

Woxner
10-28-2021, 02:20 PM
2nd on the drive assy clutch. you could try exit switch just in case. Heck of alot easier. I have replace two drive assy in the last month. what a pain

tsbservice
10-28-2021, 05:45 PM
Unfortunately if it jams every page CL8 is most likely shot.

tech51
10-28-2021, 07:42 PM
2nd on the drive assy clutch. you could try exit switch just in case. Heck of alot easier. I have replace two drive assy in the last month. what a pain

The clutch can be replaced without replacing the entire drive unit. It’s a bit of a fiddle but after the first one or two I can do it in under an hour.

Back panels off, gain access to the rear of the drive unit and clutch.
There are a few bits of wiring to get out of the way but nothing too drastic.

Remove the fuser and then remove the drive gear on the clutch shaft watch out for the drive pin on the shaft.

Remove the e ring and bushing from the clutch shaft on the drive unit side and then pull the shaft out from the fuser side.

The clutch is now removable once it’s been disconnected.

Fit the new clutch making sure it’s in correctly.

Fit the original shaft and bushes ,re connect the clutch put the drive gear and fuser back in and then test it before you fit any panels (in case anything’s not quite right).

Re fit the panels, jobs a goodun.

Sounds like a right faff when it’s written down like this but it’s a lot easier (and cheaper) than a drive unit.

tekkie
10-28-2021, 08:29 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys Im going bck with cl 8 tomorrow will let you know

femaster
10-29-2021, 04:05 AM
The clutch can be replaced without replacing the entire drive unit. It’s a bit of a fiddle but after the first one or two I can do it in under an hour.

Back panels off, gain access to the rear of the drive unit and clutch.
There are a few bits of wiring to get out of the way but nothing too drastic.

Remove the fuser and then remove the drive gear on the clutch shaft watch out for the drive pin on the shaft.

Remove the e ring and bushing from the clutch shaft on the drive unit side and then pull the shaft out from the fuser side.

The clutch is now removable once it’s been disconnected.

Fit the new clutch making sure it’s in correctly.

Fit the original shaft and bushes ,re connect the clutch put the drive gear and fuser back in and then test it before you fit any panels (in case anything’s not quite right).

Re fit the panels, jobs a goodun.

Sounds like a right faff when it’s written down like this but it’s a lot easier (and cheaper) than a drive unit.

Excellent description of how to do it. I've been using this exact procedure for some time now, and was going to post about how to do, but just haven't had the time. Glad someone else knew this shortcut and had the time to post so others could benefit.

srvctec
10-29-2021, 03:42 PM
Excellent description of how to do it. I've been using this exact procedure for some time now, and was going to post about how to do, but just haven't had the time. Glad someone else knew this shortcut and had the time to post so others could benefit.

I mentioned the same shortcut in May 0f '19 somewhere here on the forum, although I sure can't find it now. I created a pdf file of the shortcut and have shared it a bunch of times to members of the forum via PM but didn't want to publicly post it in case it might cause an end user to just do it instead of hiring a tech.

It's SO much easier than following the SM procedure.

femaster
10-30-2021, 07:12 AM
I mentioned the same shortcut in May 0f '19 somewhere here on the forum, although I sure can't find it now. I created a pdf file of the shortcut and have shared it a bunch of times to members of the forum via PM but didn't want to publicly post it in case it might cause an end user to just do it instead of hiring a tech.

Absolutely! The first time I had to swap one out, I looked it up and couldn't believe what the manual wanted me to do to get that clutch out. It's clearly visible when you remove the back cover, so I figured there MUST be an easier way. After some thought and experimentation, I found that you could remove the shaft and get it out that way. I've done it many times since then, and the hardest part for me now is getting the wire of the old clutch out of the wire holder in the fuser drive frame. I took the time to actually put the wire back in that holder the first time, but every job since then I've not bothered. The clutch wire is short enough that I just make sure it's not near the gears and call it a day.

copier tech
10-30-2021, 09:08 AM

Would you mind sharing your PDF with me via PM.

Thanks in advance.

srvctec
10-30-2021, 02:10 PM
Would you mind sharing your PDF with me via PM.

Thanks in advance.Message sent! I should clarify, there is no way to attach a pdf via PM but I just copied and pasted it all.

copier tech
10-30-2021, 05:54 PM
Message sent! I should clarify, there is no way to attach a pdf via PM but I just copied and pasted it all.

Received with thanks. (I copy/pasted into Word & saved as a PDF)

tekkie
10-31-2021, 02:18 PM
Hi GUYS Thanks for the advice on this I went back Friday morning with a whole fuser drive assembly that our workshop engineer had stripped out of an old mc I followed the great advice on here and just replaced the clutch worked a treat .I agree with comment about getting clutch wires back in plastic I did mess about and do it but dont think I will bother next time.
Thanks for the help

femaster
11-01-2021, 02:55 AM
Hi GUYS Thanks for the advice on this I went back Friday morning with a whole fuser drive assembly that our workshop engineer had stripped out of an old mc I followed the great advice on here and just replaced the clutch worked a treat .I agree with comment about getting clutch wires back in plastic I did mess about and do it but dont think I will bother next time.
Thanks for the help

Great news. If you have enough of those style machines out there, you are bound to come across this problem again. Hands on knowledge is your best weapon against problems, and is almost always far superior to book knowledge. Glad we could be of assistance.

CopierNerd
11-01-2021, 06:56 PM
Great news. If you have enough of those style machines out there, you are bound to come across this problem again. Hands on knowledge is your best weapon against problems, and is almost always far superior to book knowledge. Glad we could be of assistance.

Magnificent!

Custom Search