PDA

View Full Version : Konica-Minolta Digital Skew/Trapezoidal Adjustment

Custom Search

OverKnight
10-28-2021, 06:32 PM
I've never had a machine that hasn't had been off target in someway and the tolerances on most machines are usually close, but this can't be the best I can get on a KMC1060.

I have attached a sample print with the problem I am experiencing. The image starts square at the top and as it progresses down the sheet, it either overextends the scan down the right (non-operator) or underscans the left (operator) causing a trapezoidal image. It may be me, but it looks like this irregularity may have gotten worse over time?

I have tried to skew the image either using CD adjustment or further using tray alignment Fiery tools, but that's causing the top to go out of square and cuts off the image pushed out of its image area.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

lartis.aineias
10-28-2021, 06:48 PM
I've never had a machine that hasn't had been off target in someway and the tolerances on most machines are usually close, but this can't be the best I can get on a KMC1060.

I have attached a sample print with the problem I am experiencing. The image starts square at the top and as it progresses down the sheet, it either overextends the scan down the right (non-operator) or underscans the left (operator) causing a trapezoidal image. It may be me, but it looks like this irregularity may have gotten worse over time?

I have tried to skew the image either using CD adjustment or further using tray alignment Fiery tools, but that causing the top to go out of square and cuts off the image pushed out of its image area.

Thanks!
How many prints has the machine made? if it has more than a million prints I suggest you change the registration roller!

Check the transfer belt unit is everything ok!

if you have checked and everything is correct and your skew is in all the tray's then I suggest you adjust mechanically from the points allowed by the machine!

Στάλθηκε από το AC2003 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

OverKnight
10-28-2021, 08:02 PM
Skewing would still keep the image perpendicular while this image is longer on one side than the other. Unless the sheet is being delayed on one side over the other (stretching or shrinking on one side), I don't see that being a roller problem. The image of the sheet I sent you is 217-235 gsm, a thick sheet that should retain it's path well and without delay.

The unit in question has only 350k on it and MAYBE the transfer belt is stretched on one side creating a longer image?

Has anyone experienced that with a transfer belt before?

lartis.aineias
10-28-2021, 08:39 PM
Skewing would still keep the image perpendicular while this image is longer on one side than the other. Unless the sheet is being delayed on one side over the other (stretching or shrinking on one side), I don't see that being a roller problem. The image of the sheet I sent you is 217-235 gsm, a thick sheet that should retain it's path well and without delay.

The unit in question has only 350k on it and MAYBE the transfer belt is stretched on one side creating a longer image?

Has anyone experienced that with a transfer belt before?Go to printer adj on service mode and change
FD-Mag. Adjustment
CD-Mag. Adjustment

Although with these settings you do not see a difference then god help you!

Στάλθηκε από το AC2003 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

blackcat4866
10-29-2021, 01:16 AM
You haven't specified whether this is a scan issue or a print issue. =^..^=

tsbservice
10-29-2021, 09:29 AM

I have tried to skew the image either using CD adjustment or further using tray alignment Fiery tools, but that's causing the top to go out of square and cuts off the image pushed out of its image area.

Thanks!

Looks to me it's print problem BC

Synthohol
10-29-2021, 01:22 PM
what about "both sides adjustment, chart adjustment" i seem to remember those will adjust for trapazoid.

OverKnight
10-29-2021, 03:42 PM

This is a print issue. The image posted is direct from the Fiery controller.

Thanks!

OverKnight
10-29-2021, 03:44 PM
what about "both sides adjustment, chart adjustment" i seem to remember those will adjust for trapazoid.

Thanks, I will dig deeper into the Chart Adjustment and see if it helps. Here I am digging through service mode and maybe the answer is in user mode?

We shall see...

blackcat4866
10-29-2021, 07:14 PM
I think I'd take a close look at the registration rollers and the pressure applied. Print issues like this often occur on machines that run NCR. The neoprene rollers absorb the solvents in the NCR coating and swell up in unpredictable ways ... most often at the ends, so that the center of the roller isn't making much contact with the paper. =^..^=

OverKnight
10-29-2021, 09:45 PM
I think I'd take a close look at the registration rollers and the pressure applied. Print issues like this often occur on machines that run NCR. The neoprene rollers absorb the solvents in the NCR coating and swell up in unpredictable ways ... most often at the ends, so that the center of the roller isn't making much contact with the paper. =^..^=

Yeah, I've been here before. You make a good point though, this was a multi-purpose machine running NCR, 20# White and Tabloid Label Stock. Because of the frequent jams on smaller cut sheets and duplexing due to adhesive issues, it has been relegated to only single sided label stock. The quality of the label stock has been updated as well to prevent frequent service calls. All of these measures have saved time and money.

9.6 Registration unit skew adjustment

I will revisit this adjustment and see where it gets me. From a quick inspection the Registration Roller (A50U710101) looks to be be in great shape. The translucency of the roller looks normal and other than a little contamination, it has no visible wear or damage. The idler roller still has tight contact and no build up worries.

I'll keep updating my progress.

Thanks!

blackcat4866
10-30-2021, 01:51 AM
Yeah, I've been here before. You make a good point though, this was a multi-purpose machine running NCR, 20# White and Tabloid Label Stock. Because of the frequent jams on smaller cut sheets and duplexing due to adhesive issues, it has been relegated to only single sided label stock. The quality of the label stock has been updated as well to prevent frequent service calls. All of these measures have saved time and money.

9.6 Registration unit skew adjustment

I will revisit this adjustment and see where it gets me. From a quick inspection the Registration Roller (A50U710101) looks to be be in great shape. The translucency of the roller looks normal and other than a little contamination, it has no visible wear or damage. The idler roller still has tight contact and no build up worries.

I'll keep updating my progress.

Thanks!

A typical symptom of NCR is bruise colored purple discoloration of the neoprene.

But to be sure you can do the paper ruler trick:

Requires no disassembly.
Cut a half dozen strips of 75gsm paper, 6mm x 100mm. Start at the front: Roll one of these strips around the roller, with slightly off track, and make a fine pencil mark across both ends of the paper. Measure the length/3.14159265 to get the diameter of the roller.
Repeat 108mm from the center of the roll. You'll end up with four strips of paper and four diameters. They should be the same.
=^..^=

Custom Search