PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C754e - K Developer dumping

Custom Search

Outlander Kyle
11-02-2021, 05:21 PM
Hello, first time posting, long time browser of these threads.

I've been having an issue where my K Developer has been dumping.

I first noticed it happen after cleaning my Drum - I cleaned both the charge and the xfer belt in the settings manually like I do sometimes.

it immediately dumped i'd say half a million copies worth of developer within a few sheets.
I cleaned it all up and inevitably had to also clean the waste toner gears and some feed gears because the leak was so unruly.

I replaced both the K drum and Dev unit with different, but not entirely new ones. - ones that still have life though.

I printed some stuff, let it sit over the weekend and then it dumped immediately on start up again, this time i caught it relatively quickly but was still a mess.
I cleaned it up, printed a few hundred pages.

next day upon start up, dumped again within the first few pages. cleaned up - dumped again immediately
cleaned up again, and currently printing, at a few hundred pages again.

I originally put it in the mounting bracket all the way to the back and have since brought it all the way to the front.
it seems like I can get it going but I'm afraid something is happening on start up - or maybe in the cleaning process that is making it dump? is there potentially a bad connector i could replace?

I've been hesitant to put a whole new dev unit in because i don't want it to dump.

photo of how exactly it is dumping included- it's always from the back end, and yes the machine is level.

TY

jwai
03-15-2022, 05:15 PM
I had this issue too, but on the front side.

I wanna know how to fix it? ( I already order a new developing unit for test )

Outlander Kyle
03-15-2022, 06:06 PM
I had this issue too, but on the front side.

I wanna know how to fix it? ( I already order a new developing unit for test )

from what I could tell, my K drum was skinned a little bit in the back area, causing it to pick up developer differently. - new K units did end up fixing it.

additionally though, I was having issues with part degradation due to not resetting my xfer belt life counter.

might have been a combo of both, might have just been a punctured, or skinned drum.

jwai
03-16-2022, 05:47 AM
It's a good news heard you fixed it by replaced developing unit K.
Hope I can solve it later.

jwai
03-16-2022, 01:24 PM
On the other words, the K unit on C452/C652 can swap to C754e?

Outlander Kyle
03-17-2022, 06:13 PM
I do not believe so, I think the only cross compatible part is the transfer belt for those models.

Woxner
03-17-2022, 08:47 PM
There are bullitens on this. Start with new units. When units are remove look to the back stick vac in little hole and clean the port. Clean the filters too. If belt and other units are due replace them. Other possible is hv unit and hv connector. Both are less likley. Ive seen these pull dev in 20 seconds. All parts affect voltages

jwai
03-18-2022, 01:42 PM
I received a new developing unit K and replaced it, dumping on front side appeared after 10 printout.
Maybe I clean the vacuum port and remove the toner filter for test.
Besides, should I need to replace drum unit K also ? ( 59% life )

Custom Search