PDA

View Full Version : KM C6100 Toner is much nicer than C6000

Custom Search

reckless
11-04-2021, 09:52 PM
Can someone explain to me what or why the toner on the KM C6100 is soo much nicer/glossier than the older models? When did this change happen? Its really great for me as it feels like a book from printing press. I didn't know until I printed my first page last night. Every year KM likes to release a lot of marketing hoopla and 20 years ago they would make a big deal out of nothing. But this is a nice upgrade!

Toxic
11-05-2021, 09:50 AM
I noticed that first time on C1060l when come out in 2014-2015.
First customer who bought this machine had C5501 before and there was so much difference in colors.
I assume colors is glosier because of more or different wax in toner compound.

reckless
11-05-2021, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I bought the C6100 without checking print quality. I assumed it was same/similar to C6000 as dpi was same. I LOVE THE GLOSSY TEXT PRINTING. It gives more life to the regular cheap paper, I thought it came off an offset press the way the characters popped off the page. It was crisper and felt cleaner than the C6000. My copier is brand new so maybe fuser is cleaner. I have a hard time imagining anything better than this. I was sad when KM went away from oled 20 years ago as oled colors had vibrancy to it. This seems same to me, not super flat.

Custom Search