PDA

View Full Version : Konica 458e, 4052 secure print - deleted due to error

Custom Search

shathaway
11-10-2021, 05:39 PM
Most printers in my company are working fine, but there are a few, different models, where when you send a print job via secure print, then look at the job history on the web interface, it says "deleted due to error"

I don't think its a base driver issue, I have some 4052's that work and others that don't. I have tried to compare all settings on the printer server(2012R2) and they seem to be the same. the only other thing I have noticed is that if you do a settings, obtain printer information, it is unable too.

Thank you,

Steve

emujo2
11-10-2021, 05:45 PM
And that is the problem..unless you can get a successful config secure print, authentication, and probably many other features will not work..My guess is the drivers have been updated but the older machines have not been upgraded (firmware/function version) to match the driver. E

blackcat4866
11-10-2021, 06:13 PM
Also, make sure that the driver you have installed is for the correct model, and a KM driver. Secure Print requires encryption, which is model specific. We used to come across this a lot on Kyocera/Copystar. A Kyocera print driver will print to a Copystar, but it won't Secure Print (different encryption key). =^..^=

JasonSBE
11-10-2021, 07:14 PM
Also, make sure that the driver you have installed is for the correct model, and a KM driver. Secure Print requires encryption, which is model specific. We used to come across this a lot on Kyocera/Copystar. A Kyocera print driver will print to a Copystar, but it won't Secure Print (different encryption key). =^..^=

This. Also, in the printer properties section of the driver, under the "Configure" tab, make sure the model is the correct model for the series. I had a machine doing something similar with user authentication, and the network environment did not allow the driver to pull that information from the MFP so I had to manually change it.

emujo2
11-11-2021, 03:13 PM
That may work in some cases, but with the newer KMs (I series) the entire family is in one driver. If you are installing a C360i, and you choose C360i, if the driver does not respond to the config request it will default to the C750i series, and you can only pick the 2 that are associated with that. My advice is to figure out why the config is not working versus trying to force it to work by picking and choosing. The culprits are almost 100% the wrong driver, the MFP not in the correct function version, or in a small % (but growing with security concerns) a SNMP mismatch. E

Custom Search