PDA

View Full Version : TCR manual adjustment in Bizhub 501

Custom Search

tomson25
11-11-2021, 09:11 AM
Hi, anybody knows how to manually adjust TCR value in Bizhub 501, while running auto TCR adjust , value is not changing (44) and error 5,if there any way to adjust this value?

rrrohan
11-11-2021, 09:13 AM
Only tech's 70 and older would remember this model

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

femaster
11-11-2021, 03:26 PM
Searched through the service manual, I could not find a way to do manual adjustment mentioned anywhere.

tsbservice
11-11-2021, 03:50 PM
You may have bad TCR sensor (TCRS).

Albonline
11-11-2021, 06:37 PM
Only tech's 70 and older would remember this model

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Not quite 70 ,but try adding some toner to the developer unit and see if the number changes these also had problems with the developer/drum interlock loop circuit. gets full of developer at connector. good luck with the relic.

copytechman
11-11-2021, 06:39 PM
Not quite 70 ,but try adding some toner to the developer unit and see if the number changes these also had problems with the developer/drum interlock loop circuit. gets full of developer at connector. good luck with the relic.

Have also seen the coupling break at the dev and it wasn't actually agitating the dev augers. Check for rotation of dev, make a blank spot at end of mag roller, run adj and see if the spot fills in, if so the guts are moving and it may be tcrs sensor as mentioned.

Regards.
A.

Woxner
11-11-2021, 07:30 PM
Unlike the 362 the 501 is not ajustable . Pretty sure of this.

907tec
11-12-2021, 07:16 PM
I swear every time I had a problem with these things keeping good TCR, it was caused by that goddamn toner delivery system. If it isn't the bottle rotation coupling, its the motor. If it isn't the motor, its the solenoid. If it isn't the solenoid, it's the hopper mag/hall-effect/whatever sensor. If it's not that, it's that one screw that the factor installed that is too long, causing it to short the body of the toner-add solenoid.

I think 421/501 were maybe my least favorite machines. I'd rather maintain a fleet of 7272's and Magicolor 2300's than those.

Synthohol
11-12-2021, 07:33 PM
So many times I've see the toner bottle installed upside down so it never replenishes.
Take out the bottle and see where the foam pad with the hole is. It should be up top.

femaster
11-13-2021, 05:55 AM
So many times I've see the toner bottle installed upside down so it never replenishes.
Take out the bottle and see where the foam pad with the hole is. It should be up top.

These bottles weren't set up this way, but I know what you are talking about, had that MANY times. The 501 bottles have what looks like an accordion top on them. I couldn't find an image of the part I'm referring to, but this is a pic of the toner bottle with it's shipping cap on.

907tec
11-16-2021, 06:57 PM
This machine can also get "out of phase" with the toner bottle rotation, though. Even with that weird accordion-top on the toner bottle, the bottle coupling in the machine only has one opening for toner to pass through. If that coupling is out-of-phase, each rotation of the bottle releases less toner than by design. I hate that I can remember each and every piece of this toner system so many years later.

allan
11-16-2021, 08:33 PM
Thinking back a hole saw would have saved so much time to get to the bottle rotation/home sensor....

If i find one now i will take a plasma cutter to if for some fun.

blackfalseto
12-02-2023, 06:01 AM
I have the same problem, but code show error 5 when i TCR adjustment

allan
12-04-2023, 09:05 PM
I have the same problem, but code show error 5 when i TCR adjustment

Starting a new thread is a good idea. This thread is old and you will not be taken seriously.

Custom Search