PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C258: Differences after firmware upgrade

Custom Search

poneyboy
11-15-2021, 09:37 AM
Hi everyone ! :)

I'm new to printers and I just bought two used C258 and they are both performing well. I upgraded one of the machines with the latest firmware but now I see a slight difference when i take control of the panel remotely. I would like to know if this is normal, it is just a visual thing, nothing important but i wanted to have your opinion.

Let's say i have:
- Machine A: Version4.2 / A7PU0Y0-F000-G00-V1(00)
- Machine B: Version4.2 / A7PU0Y0-F000-GCA-X4(00)

When I take control over the Machine A, when i unlock the panel, this is shown:

Then, when i take control over Machine B, the one with latest firmware, this is shown:

On the second picture, the message window looks like the old-style we had on our C450. Is it normal? I was thinking the newer version still had the "fancy" message box like on the first picture.

Thank you very much in advance ! :)

tsbservice
11-15-2021, 09:49 AM
It's just visual difference nothing more.

poneyboy
11-15-2021, 09:52 AM
Hello and thank you for your reply ! :o

Yeah, the remote panel works exactly the same, but i would like to understand why! :p (It is just curiosity, not complaining)

Synthohol
11-15-2021, 01:04 PM
is bit sw 25 set to B0? on both?

tsbservice
11-15-2021, 01:21 PM
is bit sw 25 set to B0? on both?
Should be otherwise won't be at function version 4.2

emujo2
11-15-2021, 01:43 PM
Might be the language version..one seems to be in French..

poneyboy
11-15-2021, 03:44 PM
Hello :)

I tried to change the UI to french but it still shows the old-style message box. Maybe it is just a bug introduced in newer versions...

emujo2
11-15-2021, 05:13 PM
The boxy display is what I'm used to seeing, except when the control panel is being managed though the Open API (3rd party software). You never know how these different messages will look when another vendor is managing the display..so thinking along that route, do you have any marketplace apps installed? have you gone into open API mgmnt and deleted any installed apps? E

poneyboy
11-15-2021, 07:12 PM
I think OpenAPI is not used. How can i know the Market Place is not installed?
In the licenses part of the web interface i have nothing.

Or, is there a way to reset the machine back to defaults (without loosing all technical things), just to be sure there is nothing wrong installed?

Soon i'll be able to proceed with the update of "Machine A", so we'll see if the message box changes.:)

femaster
11-16-2021, 03:22 AM
Might have something to do with the "special" firmware you have installed on "Machine B". GCA represents a "special" firmware, where as the G00 represents the base firmware.

poneyboy
11-16-2021, 09:33 AM
Oh ok, it is a printer firmware from https://printerfirmware.co.uk/.

This week-end i will be next to the other C258 so i'll upgrade it too and we'll see if it does the same. Again, i'm not complaining, i'm new to this and i'm curious :p

Thank you all for your replies !

femaster
11-17-2021, 04:29 AM
Oh ok, it is a printer firmware from Printer & Copier Firmware - www.printerfirmware.co.uk (https://printerfirmware.co.uk/).

This week-end i will be next to the other C258 so i'll upgrade it too and we'll see if it does the same. Again, i'm not complaining, i'm new to this and i'm curious :p

Thank you all for your replies !

Just to let you know, KM has released a newer firmware than the newest you had installed. The latest is GCC-X4. It's listed in the Base Firmware area, I'm not sure why since it is GCC instead of G00. It was released last week on Nov 7.

poneyboy
11-17-2021, 09:01 AM
I have the GCA-X4 installed, and someone gave me the G00-X4.

I am not entitled to obtain firmwares from Konica, i'm not a technician, just an enthusiast.

I don't know the difference between the two and also between GCA and GCC. If you are willing to share the files, i can try to install it.:)

poneyboy
11-21-2021, 09:39 AM
Hello guys !

I've been able to go on the site where the other C258 is. I updated it to GCA-X4, like the one i have at home. I still have the different types of windows i describe in my first post.

So apparently, it is not firmware related.

Custom Search