PDA

View Full Version : KMBH c554 Squeek

Custom Search

digicor
11-15-2021, 06:01 PM
The machine has a slight squeek when its idle? nothing on or running, coming from what seems to be the fax, i have lubed the fan right behind the fax, but the squeek seems to be there and the fan is not engaged or running,,dumb question... does the fax unit have a small fan on the cpu? does it have a cpu? it seems to be coming right from the fax unit,,, just asking if anyone has had this problem, as i said, the machine is at idle...its a chirp like a small bird.

emujo2
11-15-2021, 06:10 PM
You say nothing is running, but in idle mode the fuser rotates slowly to keep the temp even. That squeek has been around for a decade at least..it could be anywhere in the fuser drive, fuser or fuser cleaning section. I can't tell you how many mods and bulletins were released to combat this noise. E

tsbservice
11-15-2021, 06:14 PM
You say nothing is running, but in idle mode the fuser rotates slowly to keep the temp even. That squeek has been around for a decade at least..it could be anywhere in the fuser drive, fuser or fuser cleaning section. I can't tell you how many mods and bulletins were released to combat this noise. E
+1 those are known for this squeeking. Recently I visited 3-4 C554e all around 300k counts and they all have it.

digicor
11-15-2021, 07:41 PM
i just returned from the client, yeah theres a fuser idling motor spinning and squeeking, i guess replacing it hopefully will solve the problem,
it just happens to be right next to a secretary's desk... i can barely hear it,,, but she sits right there....thanks for the posts

copyman
11-16-2021, 01:53 AM
Very common as the others said. Discussed on this forum many times.

Most of the time for me the squeaking at idle with 50+ ppm models is from the cleaning roller bushing(s) wearing along with the bearing(s) for the fuser cleaning roller, or the bushing from the brush roller wear. Either of these will cause metal to metal causing the squeak. I automatically replace the brush & cleaning rollers along with all the bushings & bearings at same time. There are new style bushings that are "suppose" to last longer.

Some techs have said they take the cleaning rollers out altogether. I've only done it for a few months until I could get back with parts and didn't see any damage to the fuser rollers so think it could be done. The slower machines don't use the cleaning roller setup and fusers last very long time. I wouldn't suggest it for customers doing a lot of 2-sided.

femaster
11-16-2021, 03:43 AM
Just to add to the discussion... I agree with the fuser cleaning roller potentially being the culprit, have seen it many times. I've also seen the exit drive clutch cause a squeak on these. Check it for rust powder, a sure sign that the clutch is on the way out. In the C554 it's CL8 in the fuser drive assembly I'm referring to.

Albonline
11-17-2021, 02:52 PM
just a quick word to the wise here , Don't go squirting oil on the drive train for the fuser , makes everything from a mess to hv arcing and 2nd transfer loss.

digicor
11-17-2021, 04:01 PM
i removed the fuser, lubed up the cleaning section, re assembled re installed,,, all good
we will be replacing the machine soon, its a permanent rental, waiting for the first of the year,,, Thanks guys

copyman
11-17-2021, 06:40 PM
i removed the fuser, lubed up the cleaning section, re assembled re installed,,, all good
we will be replacing the machine soon, its a permanent rental, waiting for the first of the year,,, Thanks guys

Glad to help and thanks for following up. You should be good for awhile with the lube.

Custom Search