PDA

View Full Version : Plastic part provided with some machines

Custom Search

poneyboy
11-15-2021, 10:03 PM
Hi everyone ;)

You'll think i'm harassing people here, but we bought secondhand two C258 and a C224e this week and all of them were provided with this plastic part.

I can't find what it is and where it is supposed to go. The installation guide i have with the machines is not complete or at least it doesn't mention this part.

So, let me know if you know what it is and how it has to be used... :D

lartis.aineias
11-15-2021, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone ;)

You'll think i'm harassing people here, but we bought secondhand two C258 and a C224e this week and all of them were provided with this plastic part.

I can't find what it is and where it is supposed to go. The installation guide i have with the machines is not complete or at least it doesn't mention this part.

So, let me know if you know what it is and how it has to be used... :D
50813is protective in case the machine is next to the door! [emoji108]

Στάλθηκε από το AC2003 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

poneyboy
11-15-2021, 10:16 PM
Ahhhhh nice!
But apparently you have to screw this somewhere but i dont understand where. I thought it could go under the machine but it seems to be too low.

Vincent128
11-15-2021, 10:27 PM
Pretty sure this is an anti-tip foot and it would go on the bottom of the cabinet.

femaster
11-16-2021, 03:36 AM
Vincent128 got it right. If you feel the need, attach it to the bottom of the cabinet. It prevents the copier from tipping over should somebody come running at full speed and smash into it. If you don't have people doing stupid things like that, then you're probably safe with just recycle it with the rest of your plastics...

poneyboy
11-16-2021, 10:13 AM
Yeah, i don't feel the need! We are crazy people who like having MFP at home. :p

But as a professional or at least enterprise user, do you often see this scenario of a machine tipping over because someone's running?
I don't want to judge, but i feel you need a lot of force to make the machine tip over, and... Why running into a machine? :D

Toxic
11-16-2021, 10:31 AM
It could be for earthquake case overturning protection, yet KM is Japanese and earthquake there is very often :)

raplma
11-16-2021, 11:39 AM
...I have seen one go over and it wasn't through earthquakes, running or even from the annual office olympics who can leap frog the most machines lined up in a row...
It was during the usual Christmas party frivolities, and of course one pratt who has the oh so original idea of pulling his trousers down, sitting on the platen glass, and ends up going to A&E 1. to remove the glass that is now stuck in places where the sun doesn't shine and 2. in rapidly jumping off having gone through the glass managed to cause the machine to go over and crush his fingers... I kid you not. All I can say is that it wasn't a KM machine.

tsbservice
11-16-2021, 06:28 PM
Well I think rear one is for not letting someone to push machine far back against the wall crushing power cable and allowing DF to hit the wall when opened. Left one should prevent machine with hanging finisher when finisher is slided far left and someone decides to lean on it. At least that's what I remember from my Toshiba days 😄

lartis.aineias
11-16-2021, 06:49 PM
guys this plastic is there to protect the machine when there is a door next to it, when they open it not to hit the machine!

Στάλθηκε από το AC2003 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

poneyboy
11-16-2021, 09:03 PM
What i don't understand is why we can only attach it on the right of the machine...:confused:

Toxic
11-16-2021, 09:18 PM
Some older machines (223 i think) have 4 these things for all sides :)

Synthohol
11-16-2021, 10:40 PM
how many trays?
if it is a copier "foot" it would go in the front to prevent tipping over if all 4 trays are pulled out.
id chuck it in the bin myself.

Toxic
11-16-2021, 10:59 PM
First time when i saw this "foot" i installed it and see it has no usable function, after that first one i just leave it inside DK (i am not dispose others property).

poneyboy
11-16-2021, 11:00 PM
The three machines we bought last week are exactly in this case, it was stored in the desk unit. :D

femaster
11-17-2021, 04:43 AM
Yeah, i don't feel the need! We are crazy people who like having MFP at home. :p

But as a professional or at least enterprise user, do you often see this scenario of a machine tipping over because someone's running?
I don't want to judge, but i feel you need a lot of force to make the machine tip over, and... Why running into a machine? :D

No, can't say that I have ever come across anybody running into a machine. ;) Basically my sarcastic way of saying, tipping the machine over is nearly impossible, so why bother installing it... :cool:

Synthohol
11-17-2021, 06:22 AM
i remember back when it was just the Di2010 series someone managed to tip a machine and got hurt so they made the feet to prevent a future lawsuit.
at least thats what i was told.

Custom Search