PDA

View Full Version : Lost in the Power Settings hell

Custom Search

poneyboy
11-16-2021, 10:55 PM
Hello guys ! :)

As told in other topics, I have two secondhand C258 of which i am very proud, and I am looking a bit at all the parameters, and some of them are not clear at all.

I have been trying to find informations in lots of places, and also with help of pagescope.com, but what i find very unclear is the Power setting.

Here is a screenshot of the config page:

Is someone here capable of explaining clearly what each option is doing? The Konica documentation seems to be lacking of accuracy.

What is Low Power Mode? What is Sleep? What is the difference between them?

Also what is Power Consumption exactly? And what is the difference between High, Enabled and Disabled?

The Power Save Setting allows us to choose between Low Power and Sleep, but i don't understand what it really does.

femaster
11-17-2021, 04:39 AM
Not sure if you have a copy of the Users Guide or not. It helps to explain things pretty good. Here is an official online version of the manual you can use for reference...

Whole manual: User's Guide (https://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/bizhubc368/contents/index.html)
Power Settings section: Descriptions of Functions / Utility Keys (https://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/bizhubc368/contents/contents/opkey_412_S.html)

poneyboy
11-17-2021, 09:09 AM
From what i understand, correct me if i'm wrong, we have to choose between Low Power and Sleep.

It is not cumulating like "go into Low Power mode after X minutes, and then go from Low power mode to Sleep mode after Y minutes".

-----------------------------------------------------

I just tested this:
Low Power: 60 minutes
Sleep: 5 minutes
Power Consumption in Sleep mode: High
Power Save setting: Low Power checked (Sleep unchecked)

But after 5 minutes, the machine display turned off, heard relays, and power button is pulsing blue. Sleep delay parameter must be ignored in this case, no?

So apprently Sleep and Low Power are working together and the manual is not that clear about this.

Second test:
Identical, except Power Save setting: Sleep checked (Low power unchecked)
Result: Identical behaviour...

In both case, the machine won't wake up when inserting an original in the ADF or opening the front door, which indicates the setting Power Consumption in Sleep mode: high is taken in account, and since it is for sleep mode, we can conclude the machine is actually in sleep mode.

Do you find this conclusion correct? Can this be a bug?

Synthohol
11-17-2021, 01:49 PM
low power never kicks in because you have them reversed.
i would disable sleep, they have a hard time waking up from sleep.
low power 5min
sleep 60 min or OFF!

copier addict
11-17-2021, 04:37 PM
From what i understand, correct me if i'm wrong, we have to choose between Low Power and Sleep.

It is not cumulating like "go into Low Power mode after X minutes, and then go from Low power mode to Sleep mode after Y minutes".

I just tested this:
Low Power: 60 minutes
Sleep: 5 minutes
Power Consumption in Sleep mode: High
Power Save setting: Low Power checked (Sleep unchecked)

But after 5 minutes, the machine display turned off, heard relays, and power button is pulsing blue. Sleep delay parameter must be ignored in this case, no?

So apprently Sleep and Low Power are working together and the manual is not that clear about this.

Second test:
Identical, except Power Save setting: Sleep checked (Low power unchecked)
Result: Identical behaviour...

In both case, the machine won't wake up when inserting an original in the ADF or opening the front door, which indicates the setting Power Consumption in Sleep mode: high is taken in account, and since it is for sleep mode, we can conclude the machine is actually in sleep mode.

Do you find this conclusion correct? Can this be a bug?

Low Power shuts off the display and reduces the power usage a little, but the machine is still alert
Sleep Mode basically turns everything off but keeps the fuser a little warm, but for the most part the machine is off.

As Synthahol stated these machines have difficulty wake from Sleep mode occasionally so best to turn it off.

poneyboy
11-17-2021, 06:38 PM
Ok, that's true my settings are reversed, but since in Power Save setting i have set Low Power, the sleep setting shouldn't be ignored?

Synthohol
11-17-2021, 07:09 PM
sleep should be disabled.
that series has notorious issues waking after sleep.
service mode, system 2, sleep setting, "permit" end.
admin mode, power save, sleep turn to OFF.
you will thank me later.

poneyboy
11-17-2021, 08:30 PM
Ok, you seem to know these machines well. Thanks a lot for the advice! And thank you all for your replies :)

Hansoon
11-18-2021, 05:42 AM
that series has notorious issues waking after sleep.

That applies for the previous series C-XX4e too?

Hans

Synthohol
11-18-2021, 12:22 PM
both 8 and 4 series

kingarthur
11-18-2021, 12:38 PM
There was a bulletin, many moons ago,

Adjust the following settings:

[Admin Mode] > [System Setting] > "Power Supply / Power Save Settings" :

1) On page 1 - Touch "Enter Power Save Mode" - and select "Normal"
2) On page 2 - Touch "Power Consumption in Sleep Mode" - and select "Disabled"

I have always set up every machine with these settings. This was because machines weren't "waking up"

Custom Search