PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Develop INEO+ 554e/Konica Bizhub C554e - 0.00% TCR-C

Custom Search

JakePrintTech
11-18-2021, 06:22 AM
Hi all,

Just looking for anyone that may have come across this issue in the past.

Error C2551 - Low toner density

TCR-C is reading at 0.00%

Parts already replaced:
1. Cyan Dev Unit
2. Cyan Toner
3. Front Side Board

Cyan print quality is absolutely perfect and was from the beginning.
All other TCR values are updating and reading the standard 6.50% range.
Dev unit shows as 99% but machine was like this when attended. Past history unknown.

We are starting to think there maybe something simple we have missed or it may require a replacement control board?

CP-1015
11-18-2021, 06:42 AM
Did you swap cyan drum unit, too? Did you calibrate it?

elmaligno
11-18-2021, 07:03 AM

The problem is the hopper unit, between toner bottles and developing units. The actuator is blocked or the sensor is bad, and the machine thinks the subhopper is full with toner but it is really empty, then it is not refilled from the bottle and...voilá!

rrrohan
11-18-2021, 07:03 AM
If you do manual toner add does it temp fix it?

If hopper sensor is stuck the hopper never asks for more toner and the Dev is starved

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

JakePrintTech
11-19-2021, 04:21 AM

Yes and yes, neither provided any change in the value

JakePrintTech
11-19-2021, 04:23 AM
The problem is the hopper unit, between toner bottles and developing units. The actuator is blocked or the sensor is bad, and the machine thinks the subhopper is full with toner but it is really empty, then it is not refilled from the bottle and...voilá!

But would this not mean the Dev unit is starved of toner for the value to show as 0.00%?

We have removed a perfectly working Cyan Dev Unit from another machine that was reading 6.48% and when installed into this machine we have the same result. We have tried calibrating and printing solids to give the machine time to update

JakePrintTech
11-19-2021, 04:24 AM
If you do manual toner add does it temp fix it?

If hopper sensor is stuck the hopper never asks for more toner and the Dev is starved

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

No this doesn't. But we have used multiple tested, working and full Dev Units with the same result.

Wouldn't we get a good reading from a replacement Dev Unit until it was starved or am I completely wrong here?

CP-1015
11-19-2021, 06:18 AM

If there would be less toner in dev unit, copy would be worse. Maybe I'm wrong.

tsbservice
11-19-2021, 07:47 PM
Did you put brand new cyan developer unit or just used but good one?

JakePrintTech
11-21-2021, 10:27 PM
Did you put brand new cyan developer unit or just used but good one?

Used but good one. Fully tested and checked before used Dev unit was removed from machine and installed in problematic machine

JakePrintTech
11-21-2021, 10:29 PM
If there would be less toner in dev unit, copy would be worse. Maybe I'm wrong.

This is what would make sense to me. We don't have poor copy's and Dev unit is definitely full of toner.

I can remove this Dev and install on another machine and it reads 6.48%

CP-1015
11-22-2021, 07:31 AM
If the drum and dev units from the other colours ok, I would use a new cyan dev chip.

tsbservice
11-22-2021, 07:43 AM
If the drum and dev units from the other colours ok, I would use a new cyan dev chip.
+1 on new chip

JakePrintTech
11-23-2021, 04:11 AM
This is what we had thought but weren't convinced. Thanks for the feedback. Already got a chip on order, will update thread with result ASAP! Appreciate the help!

REGSIS
11-23-2021, 05:13 PM
This is what we had thought but weren't convinced. Thanks for the feedback. Already got a chip on order, will update thread with result ASAP! Appreciate the help!

It's not a chip. It is working fine on another machine.
This may sound silly and out of logic: Is this machine plugged directly into the wall outlet or is there a UPS maybe or power surge protector?
A friend of mine couldn't solve this problem not even with all the boards changed one by one and all wiring after that. Nothing helped. Machine was plugged into UPS.

Albonline
11-23-2021, 06:00 PM
wire assy. in the machine? I've seen a couple of them messed up.

pn A161N10Y02

tsbservice
11-23-2021, 06:32 PM
wire assy. in the machine? I've seen a couple of them messed up.

pn A161N10Y02

Interesting i would suspect dev wiring not drum. Good to know Thanks.

copier tech
11-23-2021, 07:07 PM
Try updating the firmware could have been corrupted especially if you are fitting used parts.

Synthohol
11-23-2021, 07:32 PM
The fsb was replaced so it should read ok.
That would be the last thing I swap. I'd take the Fsb from the boo-boo machine and install it on a working machine and see if the issue stays with the board.
Good luck!!!

tsbservice
11-23-2021, 07:38 PM
I will be interested in voltages reading in Table number.
What are Vdc and Vg values for cyan?

splblazer91
11-24-2021, 03:18 AM
Replace sub hopper

JakePrintTech
11-25-2021, 12:49 AM
Thanks for all the continued feedback. Need to respond to a few suggestions.

UPS - No UPS being used for machine, same model machine was in this same location only a few weeks prior. Machines swapped as its contracted and previous device had high page count and a couple of faults

Wire Assy P/N A161N10Y02 - This is drum wiring and unlikely to be related to this issue? Happy to be proven wrong? Dev wiring has already been replaced. So not wiring between cyan dev and FSB

F/W - Firmware isn't too far behind but it hasn't been updated as part of this repair as of yet, going to do on next visit

FSB into another machine - This has already been done. Issue did not follow the FSB.

VDC & VG values for cyan - We will gather this info on our next visit, don't have this handy at this time.

Replace Sub Hopper - This was suggested at the early part of this thread but a few people including myself don't agree that it can be the sub hopper as toner is still getting transported into the dev unit and dev's that are reading fine in other machines aren't reading fine in this machine.

Good news is the machine is working ok as long as cyan isn't used too much during printing, customer using 99% black only so we have time to work through this issue. Again appreciate all the responses and assistance

Custom Search