PDA

View Full Version : C454 magenta developer unit mixing arms

Custom Search

positiveg
11-18-2021, 05:57 PM
Hi guys hope all is well.
I don't know what what correct name for these arms are. But the mixing arms for the unit one of them the shorter one came a bit loose I'm guessing when I was changing over the old developer powder and now it won't turn. Which means it won't mix with the toner with with developer.
I got the longer one out many times and got it fitted back into the slot quite easily so the gears turn it. But the shorter one I'm unable to get it to work that way.
Some help needed please 50837

Sent from my SM-A325M using Tapatalk

Hansoon
11-18-2021, 06:17 PM
On the other end, the rear of the unit, there must be a bushing and/or gear which came out of its location.

I usually do not dissemble but empty the developing units only through the funnel at the front where normally the toner would enter. Doing that, turning the gears at the rear helps to let the developer mixture come out more easily.

I seem to remember that this is the same procedure also suggested by a large after market supplier ;)

Hans

positiveg
11-18-2021, 07:02 PM
That's what I did I took out that white piece you see there I poured out the toner and turned the gears a bit then I poured in developer the dame way I really don't know what I did different based on how I did the yellow one two weeks ago. But I must have touched something in wrong way to cause it but would really like to get it fixed.

femaster
11-19-2021, 01:53 AM
I think what Hansoon is saying is, you don't disassemble it at all. You just pour it out through the flexible rubber tube, while rotating the gears to make sure you get as much old stuff out as possible. You have obviously removed something, or you wouldn't be seeing those augers...

positiveg
11-19-2021, 11:06 AM
Ok cool got you. Well I was able to get thw augers gear issue sorted one the gears slipped out of position.
Next issue is though the developer just builds up not sure why the gears seemed tight still not sure what's happening but it turns but developer build up and the prints faded

Hansoon
11-19-2021, 11:36 AM
Ok cool got you. Well I was able to get thw augers gear issue sorted one the gears slipped out of position.
Next issue is though the developer just builds up not sure why the gears seemed tight still not sure what's happening but it turns but developer build up and the prints faded

The right amount of developer?
Perhaps developer sitting in one end of the unit and needs to be equally spreaded by shaking the unit HORIZONTALLY.
Any fiddling with the doctor blade happened?

Hans

positiveg
11-19-2021, 12:01 PM
The right amount of developer?
Perhaps developer sitting in one end of the unit and needs to be equally spreaded by shaking the unit HORIZONTALLY.
Any fiddling with the doctor blade happened?

HansThanks much will try the shake because the build uo is like on both ends but not the middle.
I know for sure I'll have to order another magenta in because this one input in yesterday is being wasted. So bad I can see it on the laser glass below when I pull out the unit.
Will let you know how it goes and try to get some photos and possible a video to support my claim.

positiveg
11-19-2021, 12:45 PM
These are the photos
See the red is to go right through but in the center it's not being applied fully.5084950850

Hansoon
11-19-2021, 04:06 PM
If the machine is spewing developer there must be something badly wrong and I doubt this will be an easy job to correct. Did you touch the doctor blade? Is the bias contact in the rear (large shiny metal plate) in place and making a functional contact?

Hans

positiveg
11-29-2021, 11:50 PM
If the machine is spewing developer there must be something badly wrong and I doubt this will be an easy job to correct. Did you touch the doctor blade? Is the bias contact in the rear (large shiny metal plate) in place and making a functional contact?

HansGot it fixed one of the parts wasn't replaced properly. So yeah take a photo of the parts before removing lol.
I had to take out the cyan look at the setup then put it back together.

allan
11-30-2021, 09:09 AM
On the other end, the rear of the unit, there must be a bushing and/or gear which came out of its location.

I usually do not dissemble but empty the developing units only through the funnel at the front where normally the toner would enter. Doing that, turning the gears at the rear helps to let the developer mixture come out more easily.

I seem to remember that this is the same procedure also suggested by a large after market supplier ;)

Hans

I had to figure this out the hard way. I remove the side to dump all the developer then resemble and add the developer as you describe. Then a scale come in very handy to make sure i add the right amount of developer. If you add a bit too much it would just get dumped thru the waste port anyway.
Also readjusting the doctor gap does not hurt 4 to 6 x 80GSM paper thickness...

Custom Search