PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 550I top feeder jams only when customer uses Rightfax app.

Custom Search

FixitYo
11-19-2021, 01:23 PM
Interesting doc feeder jam condition, Jam code 6633 and 6605 code, BZ 550I only when using RightFax on single side mode, two sided works fine in RightFax. Doc feeder works fine in any mode when copying and machine function scanning email/smb. Unusual fast take-up speed when the problem occurs and original crashes at the 1st set of transport rollers.

Machines setup consist of papercut, rightfax with AU-205H readers installed.

- Tested doc feeder sensors in state confirmation, all checked out good.
- Brought up to G00-04 firmware
- Performed HDD format and re-installed on Rightfax and papercut.

- Returning with Doc feeder board, this morning.

Anyone else come across anything similar? Thanks in Advance!

tsbservice
11-19-2021, 06:58 PM
Looking like firmware glitch to me. Do you have other i - machines in the same environment performing erratically?

trscolin
11-19-2021, 07:47 PM
Just checked an I series with right fax and papercut and no issues. FW is G00-K8

FixitYo
11-22-2021, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the help, Problem Found.

Paper clip found literally wrapped around 1st set of registration drive gear. I attached the picture, location is registration drive by M2.
Document original feed speed is very fast due to the basic scan settings under Right Fax. Under scan or copy mode scan setting are different which results in speed difference resulting in the Jam condition only when using Right Fax. I'm sure if we locked down the scan scanning in copy or scan mode it would've jammed as well. I noticed a clicking noise when DF tray was rising that I noticed when I arrived on site that lead me to investigate further before procceding on sinking my teeth in the Right fax jam condition only. Tech ignored it assuming it had nothing to do with Rightfax, I little bit of a curveball I say...lol!!

tsbservice
11-22-2021, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the help, Problem Found.

Paper clip found literally wrapped around 1st set of registration drive gear. I attached the picture, location is registration drive by M2.
Document original feed speed is very fast due to the basic scan settings under Right Fax. Under scan or copy mode scan setting are different which results in speed difference resulting in the Jam condition only when using Right Fax. I'm sure if we locked down the scan scanning in copy or scan mode it would've jammed as well. I noticed a clicking noise when DF tray was rising that I noticed when I arrived on site that lead me to investigate further before procceding on sinking my teeth in the Right fax jam condition only. Tech ignored it assuming it had nothing to do with Rightfax, I little bit of a curveball I say...lol!!

Good find. Thank you for posting solution!

Custom Search