PDA

View Full Version : Error show toner level bizhub 454e

Custom Search

dacam20590
11-19-2021, 10:59 PM
I have a problem with the toner level display of the bizhub 454e. The machine says out of toner and I have replaced the new toner cartridge and it shows 25% toner level value. Why is it not showing 100%. I changed 2 other toner cartridges and new chip and it still shows 25%. I take out the toner cartridge and the machine still shows 25%. I sometimes encounter 3 4 such machines. The machine still works normally;)

copier addict
11-19-2021, 11:28 PM
I have a problem with the toner level display of the bizhub 454e. The machine says out of toner and I have replaced the new toner cartridge and it shows 25% toner level value. Why is it not showing 100%. I changed 2 other toner cartridges and new chip and it still shows 25%. I take out the toner cartridge and the machine still shows 25%. I sometimes encounter 3 4 such machines. The machine still works normally;)

It's because the toner level is not stored on the chip. All the chip does is tells the machine it is the correct toner. When the toner is replaced early the machine doesn't know it is a new full toner, it retains the previous level. Nothing bad is going to happen.

dacam20590
11-20-2021, 12:55 AM
It's because the toner level is not stored on the chip. All the chip does is tells the machine it is the correct toner. When the toner is replaced early the machine doesn't know it is a new full toner, it retains the previous level. Nothing bad is going to happen.
so how to fix this. Is it related to dips switch?

copyman
11-20-2021, 02:01 AM
Those toner gauges on the display are very touchy and not that accurate. If you remove the btl with machine on it can cause gauge to change. Mostly showing full when btl could be empty.

I tell my customers to disregard the toner gauge altogether and wait for message to replace toner. Have most of my customers trained to call for another toner when putting last one in so always have one on hand. Years ago I printed up labels to put on toner btls "Please call to re-order when installing this last toner". Was tired of customers calling in panic saying the machine stopped working because of no toner. They would always say "but the toner gauge showed 1/2 full" so was waiting to order!

rrrohan
11-20-2021, 03:16 AM
AFAIK only 8 series on have dipswitch to report full

You could remove toner and deplete hopper with with vac or 100% coverage prints on that colour then only put toner in when it asks for it

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

dacam20590
11-20-2021, 03:50 AM
AFAIK only 8 series on have dipswitch to report full

You could remove toner and deplete hopper with with vac or 100% coverage prints on that colour then only put toner in when it asks for it

So I had to suck out all the toner from the hopper. and take out the toner cartridge then copy the 100% coverage until the toner runs out, then put the new cartridge in?

femaster
11-20-2021, 05:22 AM
So I had to suck out all the toner from the hopper. and take out the toner cartridge then copy the 100% coverage until the toner runs out, then put the new cartridge in?

That should do it. The goal here is to make the copier tell you that it needs to be replaced. Only then will it reset the gauge.

rrrohan
11-20-2021, 06:37 AM
yeah. i normally dont bother resolving this for customers since they have already wasted toner by replacing it early im not gonna waste even more to get the gauge to read correctly

thankfully on the 8 and newer they put a engine dipswitch to set gauge to 100%

copier tech
11-20-2021, 09:46 AM

No need to vacuum out the hoppers.

Take all the toners out, put them back in the box turn off the low toner waring in CE mode then tell your client to replace the toner only when you machine prompts them to.

This way the counter will show 0 % until they fit the toner back it will show 100%

dacam20590
11-20-2021, 10:22 AM
yeah. i normally dont bother resolving this for customers since they have already wasted toner by replacing it early im not gonna waste even more to get the gauge to read correctly

thankfully on the 8 and newer they put a engine dipswitch to set gauge to 100%
i thinks fix dipswitch bit 151 ?

tsbservice
11-20-2021, 11:19 AM
i thinks fix dipswitch bit 151 ?
No such DipSW...soft switch maybe

rrrohan
12-16-2021, 11:29 PM
31 32 33 34 Y M C K

But afaik 4 series don't have this feature unless that's changed since I looked 2 years ago

Custom Search