PDA

View Full Version : C3350 swapping IU's ???

Custom Search

copyman
11-22-2021, 11:42 PM
Has anyone had success swapping the image units from one C3350 to another of same model? I always get a C255X code. I've even tried a reset chip on a black unit and still got a C255X code but did reset life back to 100%.

Is there a way to use image unit from another machine? I have a few low meter parts machines I would like to use the image units on my contract customers.

Thanks in advance

blackcat4866
11-22-2021, 11:45 PM
Correct. I have had no success swapping used IU's, regardless of usage. =^.^=

Synaux
11-23-2021, 12:35 AM
I don't know, but couldn't you just swap the chips?
That said, I don't know if you can bypass EOL on IUs for that model.

copyman
11-23-2021, 02:34 AM
I don't know, but couldn't you just swap the chips?
That said, I don't know if you can bypass EOL on IUs for that model.

Thanks for the reply....

Funny you mention that, I tried using the chip from the bad original IU and after a week or two the customer calls with code. For instance this most recent time I bought machine from wholesaler with 18k, everything was great except some faint magenta lines. I had a parts machine in shop with only 10k because of broken screen so swapped mag IU using the chip from "original" unit with faint lines. Worked great for 50+ test pages in shop, delivered machine and two weeks later C2554 code. My thinking is machine must read the dev levels along with the factory chip and after some usage it doesn't stay at proper level and throws code. Machine will reset and after printing a few pages it throws code again.

Ordered a new Mag IU and be done with it this time. Just asking so I know in future if I can do it. Was hoping something simple like adj TCR or something to get it to work.

occus
11-23-2021, 10:46 AM
Many years ago on the blackwhite devices you had to reset the developper values before change.
I think its not possible but you can check to change after a stabilisation/initialisation.

tsbservice
11-23-2021, 04:18 PM
It's automated you cannot change those values manually. That said maybe new(aftermarket) IU chip may help to initialize values and use rest life of used but good ones IUs.

Albonline
11-23-2021, 04:33 PM
Many years ago on the blackwhite devices you had to reset the developper values before change.
I think its not possible but you can check to change after a stabilisation/initialisation.

this is how i get used to work initialize and stabilize, check tcr and correct by doing manual toner add or test prints to tone up or de tone, do gradation settings till readings are within specs rerun stablize . reboot check tcr run some heavy coverage tests recheck tcr, if copier is happy with the used unit it will maintain a good toner to carrier ratio, if its going nuts you will need to fool around with hv settings, (if you don't know witch settings to change you shouldn't be fooling around with used supplies anyways)

on the 3350, if you have a complete donor machine you can swap all image units out and trade the counter chips on the mfp from the donor into target unit.(again if this is Greek to you, leave it alone.)

copyman
11-24-2021, 03:48 AM
this is how i get used to work initialize and stabilize, check tcr and correct by doing manual toner add or test prints to tone up or de tone, do gradation settings till readings are within specs rerun stablize . reboot check tcr run some heavy coverage tests recheck tcr, if copier is happy with the used unit it will maintain a good toner to carrier ratio, if its going nuts you will need to fool around with hv settings, (if you don't know witch settings to change you shouldn't be fooling around with used supplies anyways)

on the 3350, if you have a complete donor machine you can swap all image units out and trade the counter chips on the mfp from the donor into target unit.(again if this is Greek to you, leave it alone.)

Thanks, I will try your system next time I need to replace IU. Ha-ha not Greek to me. Been a tech for 40+ years, mostly Kon/Min. Not much exp with the small models.
Don't think I would ever want to mess with HV settings. Before that extreme you bite the bullet and buy new IU!

Might try chips from a different supplier.

Surprised this small model IU's would be so much trouble because no problem swapping around consumables with most of the bigger Kon/Min models.

Hansoon
11-24-2021, 04:10 AM
Surprised this small model IU's would be so much trouble because no problem swapping around consumables with most of the bigger Kon/Min models.

Cause they are rebadged and not made by KonicaMinolta.
Anything other than the A3 size machines is weak and often problematic.....

Hans

copyman
11-24-2021, 01:29 PM
Cause they are rebadged and not made by KonicaMinolta.
Anything other than the A3 size machines is weak and often problematic.....

Hans

I know the small B&W models are made by other OEM's like the Biz 25e is a Muratec & 4750 is Lexmark but are you sure the small color machines aren't made by Konica Minolta or who ever makes their color models (NEC?)? The C3350 etc look just like a mini version of the "4" series and another reason I thought it was Kon/Min made .

3ktlc
11-24-2021, 02:52 PM
When we were still a KM dealer, we were told the small colors were KM's. Just the B/W were rebadged. Hate all of the small KM's. Ricoh dealer now. So much happier with them.

tsbservice
11-24-2021, 03:17 PM
When we were still a KM dealer, we were told the small colors were KM's. Just the B/W were rebadged. Hate all of the small KM's. Ricoh dealer now. So much happier with them.

Hi 3ktic.
Side question. I have strong feeling that A4 Ricoh colour models are better than KM comparable ones. How do you feel their A3 models compare to KM? I think Konica and Ricoh A3 colour models are very good not sure about B&W but may be wrong.

Sorry copyman for diluting your thread.

3ktlc
11-24-2021, 03:26 PM
Hi 3ktic.
Side question. I have strong feeling that A4 Ricoh colour models are better than KM comparable ones. How do you feel their A3 models compare to KM? I think Konica and Ricoh A3 colour models are very good not sure about B&W but may be wrong.

Sorry copyman for diluting your thread.
I am very happy with the A3 models. Both color and b/w. So far they have been very reliable. Started selling them in 2017. They are also very quiet. Our customers that have switched to them, love them.
Being in a small town, we sell mostly A4's though. They have been great. Both color and B/W. We still have many KM's out there since we were still a dealer until mid 2018. Hoping to upgrade to Ricoh over the next couple years.

copyman
11-24-2021, 07:33 PM

That's what I heard as well. Agree the small Kon/Min machines are not that great. I will put the bigger Kon/Min up against any other OEM. Only one close would be Canon.

Of course each Tech has their favorite OEM which is usually the OEM they have most experience with...

tsbservice
11-24-2021, 07:39 PM
That's what I heard as well. Agree the small Kon/Min machines are not that great. I will put the bigger Kon/Min up against any other OEM. Only one close would be Canon.

Of course each Tech has their favorite OEM which is usually the OEM they have most experience with...
Comparative lack of Canon techs and threads here works in favour of your words :D

3ktlc
11-24-2021, 08:02 PM

I have worked on Konica's since there were Royal. Back in the days oh the 110/115/130/145's up to today. I also had been trained on Xerox, Mita's before the became Kyocera, & Panasonic. Always thought I would stay with the Km's. These new Ricoh's have been very reliable and the customers love them.

boot
01-31-2022, 11:08 AM
can i swap color IU with swapping chip? yellow instead of magenta and vice versa? for testing a charging

allan
01-31-2022, 11:22 AM
Replace the ICP on the TCR chip. That will reinitialize it. Its even possible to convert b/w to color.
If you get a TCR range error best to replace it. Shake the crap out of the replacement to ensure the toner mixes into the dev.
The CMY TCR chips are not the same as for the b/w unit. Think its only a SMD resistor that makes them different.

copyman
01-31-2022, 12:46 PM
Comparative lack of Canon techs and threads here works in favour of your words :D

Or could be just more Kon/Min machines are sold.

Custom Search