PDA

View Full Version : c654 low count xbelt skidmark

Custom Search

Synaux
11-23-2021, 12:30 AM
Basically, this belt has less than 80k on it and it is leaving a very noticeable mark of thick-glossy stocks (not so noticeable on thick matte and hardly at all on 60lb and thinner). This mark appears to be in line with the pickup rollers (middle of page) and goes edge to edge. It has a grayish appearance but looks to have all the colors.

I am 99% sure its the belt:
Swapped the transfer roller first
I cleaned the hell out of it out of the transfer belt cleaning/waste section, but when turning the belt the skid mark could be easily seen on the belt even after cleaning the felt roller multiple times. What I really do not understand is how the mark is being generated on the belt itself with manual rotation. The waste/cleaning section was nearly spotless. The felt roller is soft and has no evidence of buildup or wear.
Cleaned the belt itself too (was fairly clean).
There is slight wear on the belt where the mark is being created, but I have seen MUCH worse without image degradation. The wear mark couldn't be be detected by a blind man.

Reassembled, and the mark appeared on paper passage test (first print made) with identical appearance.
Background voltage and transfer belt cleaning voltage in SM didn't do anything.

Aside from taking the rear cleaning section apart (a bit of a hassle) I don't know what to do other than replace ($$$).

copyman
11-23-2021, 03:30 AM
How about rebuild trans belt unit with aftermarket belt & cl. blade? Or just blade? I've rebuilt several "4" series trans belt units with aftermarket belt & blade and they work great. Not sure if they make aftermarket for the production models? Less than 1/2 the cost of OEM

Synaux
11-23-2021, 06:38 AM
How about rebuild trans belt unit with aftermarket belt & cl. blade? Or just blade? I've rebuilt several "4" series trans belt units with aftermarket belt & blade and they work great. Not sure if they make aftermarket for the production models? Less than 1/2 the cost of OEM

That occured to me as well. What gets me is the residue coming off before install after I cleaned it spotless. Probably just the blade I assume. Crazy with such a low count on it though :/

Never fooled with replacing the belt (which I strongly suspect is still good). Do you just take the cleaning section off and slip the belt on?

You get the parts off of alibaba or...?

blackcat4866
11-23-2021, 03:43 PM
Is this machine running any special media, like NCR? That will cause a wide variety of cleaning issues. =^..^=

TEST10
12-12-2021, 04:46 AM
I had a similar problem, and it was due to the belt cleaning unit not turning properly, (gear) maybe my experience will help you

Custom Search