PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub pro C5500 duplex registration

Custom Search

Jake2o
11-23-2021, 08:37 PM
These things are a bit before my time, but I have been landed with one and need to sort it. It has an odd issue with registration on side two in that it will randomly move the registration about 10mm and then equally randomly move it back again. There is no skew, it side shifts the entire image. I have changed the edge sensor in the inverter section and have even changed the entire inverter unit but this has made no difference. It does it on internal test patterns as well as prints and seems worse when it is warmer. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

raplma
11-23-2021, 09:04 PM
To get the ball rolling...

I have had something similar on a c6501 and a c7000, although only around 5mm shift so may or may not be the same cause, and was noted in the solutions bulletins.
Search for "image suddenly shifts by 5mm" in the "troubleshooting manual", it will be easier to google for one and download it than for me to upload the pages here, or try this link (https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1074172/Konica-Minolta-Bizhub-Pro-C6501.html?page=32#manual)
As you I suspected the edge sensor, but it wasn't it was due to the PFU not being square nor aligned correctly to the main print unit.

If it's nothing to do with that, a little more detail would be useful, which trays are you using, inc. PFU or LU202 units, which direction is the shift relative to print direction and does it still do it when LEF or SEF. Have you tried any tray alignment adjustments etc.

Good luck and keep us posted, there are quite of a few of those older machines around...

Mark

Jake2o
11-23-2021, 11:18 PM
Thank you for pointing me in, hopefully, the right direction. It threw me because it was out on side 2 rather than side one so I did not even consider the edge detection sensor in the LU-202 or its alignment. The customer is a bit of a nightmare to be honest; he has/had 4 machines now over the last 18 months and every time I go in there I am greeted with a pile of parts and expected to make them work after his son has pulled them all to pieces. Anyway I have told him that he is not to touch this one under any circumstances so now I am obliged to repair it.

The customer likes to hover and every time has loaded the paper in the LU so I haven't tried the internal trays, I will see what happens tomorrow.

Custom Search