PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C258 noise when scanning

Custom Search

poneyboy
12-04-2021, 01:03 AM
Hi,

When i scan i can hear a strange noise coming from the machine. It happens when the lamp is moving around the center. It is difficult to describe so i made a video of itwhen scanning A3.

I tried to unscrew the glass to check if it was involved in this but it was making the noise even with the glass removed.

Do you have an idea of what is happening?

BizHub C258 noise while lamp moving - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q4fuoKlbaM)

Thank you guys in advance

tmmdmmm
12-04-2021, 01:18 AM
Kind of hard to hear but I think you're talking about the noise of it sliding
Each side F/R has a few white plastic pieces that ride against the metal rails, I'd check that they're not missing or worn flat. When we used to refurbish we would also do a thin line of oil along the length of those rails as well

poneyboy
12-04-2021, 01:57 AM
But in this case should we not hear the sound all the time? Here it is only around the middle...

femaster
12-04-2021, 05:47 AM
We've also had a few 4e models with this same sort of scraping noise. Sometimes just in a certain area like yours, other times across nearly the entire scan range. We have tried numerous things to determine what exactly is causing the noise.

We have checked the scanner rails to make sure they weren't bent or warped, made sure that neither carriage was scraping the walls inside the scanner housing, tried lifting and pushing down on the left front corner of the scanner to test for warped scanner assembly, checking the plastic glide pads for wear, etc. Unfortunately we have never been able to determine why some machines sound like that and others don't.

After testing a number of units that made similar noise, we gave up and just started to smear a thin layer of general purpose grease across all 4 metal rails and it quiets it down pretty well. It's not completely gone, but almost always brings it down to an acceptable level.

Hansoon
12-04-2021, 07:56 AM
+1
Same here with the BH-C-284e. Just clean the both upper and lower rails and apply a VERY thin layer of multi purpose grease on it.

Hans

Custom Search