PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 4050 network configuration

Custom Search

Erwan
12-04-2021, 09:02 PM
Hi,
My Bizhub is connected to my FAI BOX "Orange FR Livebox 4".
The box has assigned an IP address to the printer.
How to configure the printer to retrieve the IP address from the box and stand to it.
Thanks for your help.

Toxic
12-04-2021, 11:00 PM
Why not set static ip for the printer, i always use that way and dont have problems in any situation.

CP-1015
12-05-2021, 06:14 AM
I use static IP, too. Outside the automatic range of router. Other wise you configure "automatic" and DHCP.

Erwan
12-05-2021, 01:17 PM
Hi,
I managed to address a static IP to the printer in my box.
The printer has retieved by herself the IP.
Now my issue is how to configure Windows (i'm on windows 11) to make it work (print and scan) correctly. Via KM configuration software (UPDPCL6Win_391170MU) i got the following error : "can't find the MFP". Can i skip the KM software ?
Any advice is good, thanks.

Toxic
12-05-2021, 06:31 PM
Just go to KM download centre and download 3.2.2.0 PCL driver for 4050.
On PC go to add printer option , choose add printer using tcp..., type printer ip address and when it asks for driver go to have disk and browse for file (driver you have downloaded before).

https://www.konicaminolta.eu/eu-en/support/download-centre

Erwan
12-05-2021, 09:52 PM
@Toxic
Thanks for your help, it works for a few minute !
I was able to configure the printer then print the test page !
All was OK then the printer lost the static IP it has retrieve from the box and randomly affect itself a new one !
Network card failure on the printer side ?
I'm kinda lost...

Toxic
12-05-2021, 10:13 PM
I think you are mixing some terms.
If you set static ip on the printer it does not relate with any router who do DHCP,even if you unpluged it from network static ip remains set up on printer.
You must go to 4050 admin mode , network settings and there set static ip and it can not be changed after that from any router on the network.

Synthohol
12-05-2021, 11:10 PM
what is the reason for the "Orange FR Livebox 4"
just assign a static addy and plug it into the network.
what is the device even for (except to cause problems)?

Erwan
12-06-2021, 07:50 AM
Hi,
Let's clarify some points.
The printer is used in a domestic environment, not a professional one so no network or domain id etc...
The "livebox" is the device provided by my internet provider "Orange France" here to access the internet, VOIP, Tv.
The printer is plug to the "Livebox" via ethernet.
So in the box interface, i set up a static IP assigned to the printer ( ie: 192.168.1.11).
And yes that's my point, i would like also to set up the same static IP in the printer interface. Should i disable some parameters in the printer, but which one ?
Thanks for your help.

Toxic
12-06-2021, 08:47 AM
Just go to printer network settings and set static ip (preferred at the end of ip range of router dhcp) , that will stop printer getting ip from your router.

Erwan
12-06-2021, 09:42 AM
@Toxic
Tried your last solution but still unresponsive so... that's it i guess a dead end.
Furthermore now i got a E301 error code which lead to a reboot

tsbservice
12-06-2021, 05:56 PM
Connect the MFP and your laptop with network cable. Give the MFP static address same as laptop except last digit i.e. Laptop - 192.168.100.10, MFP - 192.168.100.11
Make some test prints. Will it lose IP or codes out?

emujo2
12-06-2021, 07:19 PM
geez the 4050 is pretty old...I'm still not sure what you are trying to do..DHCP I understand..manual addressing I understand..WTF are you trying to accomplish..Normally for DHCP reservation you would need the MAC address. Without a reservation you are at the mercy of whatever time the DHCP lease is..If it's 1 hour then the machine (if left in DHCP) will get a new address. If you've left it in static or your network does not support static IPs then yes, once the lease expires you will no longer be able to print. What kind of OS are you trying to print from? E

Erwan
12-06-2021, 08:40 PM
@emujo2

I'm actually using Windows 11.
I assigned on the router a static IP associated with the MAC address for the printer.
I tried the solutions given by the community but no go 'til now.
I know the printer is old and i think i'm going to move to a new and more recent one.

emujo2
12-07-2021, 01:39 PM
There is no driver listed for the 4050/Win 11 on the KM US site..You may have some success with the universal driver, but it won't work in a point and print environment. That probably explains where your E301 is coming from as well. E

Synthohol
12-07-2021, 10:30 PM
The win 10 driver has worked for me on other bizhubs for win11

Custom Search