PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine C3070L C-0101

Custom Search

DigiMan
12-06-2021, 01:49 PM
Goodmorning gentlemen
As per the title i have a machine giving me this error code(Paper feed motor 1) but under specific circumstances.The machine is working usually with a paper 330x760 feeded from the lu-202xlm.
The code pops when the paper reaches the registration section.If you feed the same paper from the bypass it works just fine.If you make some copies from tray 1,2 it works fine as well.
What ive done so far:
Swapped in another lu-202xlm i had,same code.
Changed the clutches on the intermediate rollers 1,2 plus the roller themselves,same code.
The motor in which the code refers to is working under I/O 28-00(for good measure i swapped it with an identical one it has underneath it),same code.
Sometimes it will start printing from the LU and if it starts it rarely stops again for the rest of the day but the next day it always codes out in the morning.

Any ideas will be appreciated as im a bit stumped..

Thanks in advance!

raplma
12-06-2021, 02:58 PM
To get the ball rolling before the real players arrive...

I get this code regularly on a c7000, yes I know it's 3 gens before the 3070, and may no longer refer to the same trouble...

However one question, does it matter if the job is simplex or duplex?

With ours it only codes out in duplex, I've replaced all the clutches, checked bearings, rollers, motor, never got to the bottom of it, but the machine will be mothballed at the end of the year so no longer bothering.

However, what I do to overcome the problem is have a warm up job, run a blank single page job 50 SRA3 sheets, followed by 10 sheets two page blank job duplex, followed by my job and off it runs, it will then run all day without a hitch.

Apologies this isn;t a solution only a work around we have, and also if this isn't related to your situation in anyway, I'm haing a boring day removing stray lines from artwork before press and need light refreshment!
Good luck
Mark

DigiMan
12-06-2021, 04:24 PM
Hey mark thanks for the reply!

Primarily its always printing simplex due to the nature of the work but i tried some duplex a3,a4 from the trays and the bypass and its working fine.If you try it from the LU its codes out even on simplex.

raplma
12-06-2021, 06:27 PM
We get the code because the motor is loading more than it should...

Seeing it's only the LU, does it do it regardless of paper length, so A4 sef, A3, sef and banner jobs? One random thought comes to mind and that's pre-registration loop length, is it set too short for the LU?

DigiMan
12-07-2021, 07:51 AM
Yes it codes out on every paper,to be honest i didnt check the loop because we never had any issues with it..by the way that motor that is supposedly at fault i swapped it out from another identical machine thats working and it still codes out.I was messing with the machine yesterday and after a couple of hours it started working for the next 5-6 hours of the day.Today at morning same code..

raplma
12-07-2021, 09:42 AM
These pesky codes!

The reason I was drawn to LU specific settings - bearing in mind I am no tech - logically seeing that if you forget the LU, the machine happily runs any job scenario all day, suggests that the mechanical/electronic aspects are fine, especially as the unit isn't that old. You've swapped the LU so that rules the machinical and electronics of the unit, which in my mind leaves the tray specific settings that vary the the timing between roller sets. In my mind something within the machine is opposing operations.

In our scenario, conveyance rollers are firing in the ADU, e.g. 1,2,3,4 but then one of them won't, it's never the same one, this then loads the motor and it codes out. But I've replaced all the clutches, sensors, sensor trigger arms, cleaned it all out, checked and lubed bearings, changed the motor, and still got the issue. Which I can now only put down to age, teh ADU control board but at 12M clicks it's life expired anyway. This is not your situation.

So, do keep us posted if you do crack it, and hopefully someone else can come up with a more useful solution.

Mark

DigiMan
12-07-2021, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the reply mark,i suppose its a good time to tell that the machine is on 7 million clicks(forgot to mention it sorry)

Custom Search