PDA

View Full Version : C224e Boot probleme

Custom Search

Firmaware
12-10-2021, 11:53 AM
Hallo folks,
We have problems with a C224e. The Firmware was G20-M0 and original error was C-E302 by Scan to SMB. Printing', Copying .Scan to box. Scan to Usb-Stick: all ok.
I went to xustomer site and my first idea was FW- upgrade. Great Bad idea. I wonna upgrade with GDR-M1 and by MFP-controller upgrade the result was N.G.. Since that, obviously boot not more. 2 /4 Columns.
I'be tried an other HDD and with reset tool, but I've not the right one.
What would you do...
Thks in advance for your help

Gesendet von meinem SM-G980F mit Tapatalk

Synthohol
12-10-2021, 12:44 PM
just load g20-M1 firmware, its the newest BASE FW
let us know.

copyman
12-10-2021, 01:23 PM
Make sure you put the M1 firmware or a few different USB drives and bring with you. These machines only like certain USB drives. The smaller the GB the better. I use a 2GB or 4GB Sandisk.

If you don't have M1 FW post here and someone will send it to you

Gift
12-10-2021, 02:03 PM
I also prefer sandisk drives - never had any problems with that brand.

What's the voltage of the MFP board battery? One of my techs recently bricked an cxx4e with no service visits in ages after FW upodate and turning the machine off/on. Reset tool revived it partially and a new SSD board + reset tool did the trick in our case.

copier tech
12-10-2021, 05:37 PM
Hallo folks,
We have problems with a C224e. The Firmware was G20-M0 and original error was C-E302 by Scan to SMB. Printing', Copying .Scan to box. Scan to Usb-Stick: all ok.
I went to xustomer site and my first idea was FW- upgrade. Great Bad idea. I wonna upgrade with GDR-M1 and by MFP-controller upgrade the result was N.G.. Since that, obviously boot not more. 2 /4 Columns.
What would you do...

Try the LATEST firmware.

Synthohol
12-10-2021, 06:08 PM
Try the LATEST firmware.

He did!
Thats what fucked it up to begin with.

Always use base fw unless special fw addresses a particular issue then always base.

Of it ain't broke, don't fix it

tsbservice
12-10-2021, 06:36 PM
Hallo folks,
What would you do...

Did you tried new SSDB? It's relatively cheap.

Firmaware
12-10-2021, 07:22 PM
I'll try with SSDB. With FW-Update the result it is always NG for MFP Controller.

copier tech
12-10-2021, 07:28 PM
He did!
Thats what fucked it up to begin with.

Always use base fw unless special fw addresses a particular issue then always base.

Of it ain't broke, don't fix it

G20-M0 is not the LATEST.

Synthohol
12-10-2021, 10:39 PM
just load g20-M1 firmware, its the newest BASE FW
let us know.
never said it was the absolute newest, i said the latest BASE fw g20-m1
having a boot issue its recommended to flash the latest base fw then any special FW if needed ;)

femaster
12-11-2021, 07:25 PM
G20-M0 is not the LATEST.

Nope, it's not, But the G20-M0 is what was on the machine. The firmware you suggested (GDR-M1) is what they had attempted to update to. They had already done what you suggested, before you suggested it, and that is why the copier no longer works.

copyman
12-11-2021, 07:28 PM
Speaking of firmware and sorry to get off topic. Don't think I could ever get an answer to this question, even from instructors at Kon/Min school. Think I may have asked on this forum before?

Here's the question:

Does the latest "special" f/w have all the prior "fixes" on it along with new issue f/w?

Thanks

femaster
12-11-2021, 07:46 PM
Speaking of firmware and sorry to get off topic. Don't think I could ever get an answer to this question, even from instructors at Kon/Min school. Think I may have asked on this forum before?

Here's the question:

Does the latest "special" f/w have all the prior "fixes" on it along with new issue f/w?

Thanks

I wish I could answer this for you. It is a question I've been wanting to know the answer to for a long time as well.

Synthohol
12-11-2021, 08:32 PM
All those details are in the Readme docs
Just takes time reading through them

tsbservice
12-11-2021, 09:49 PM
All those details are in the Readme docs
Just takes time reading through them

I may respectfully disagree with you this time. It's not documented not we have definite answer from KM. And I take my time to read through all hundreds fixed issues.

Synthohol
12-12-2021, 12:14 AM
what i meant was the fixes and the file names to compare, like the individual versions ie:

MFP Controller Print Controller
AA6R0Y0-3000-GCF-W4

if its the same as one in special FW at least that those bug fixes have been applied to that file.

there are plenty of "hidden" fixes too but the file version will only go up alphanumerically if something new was added.

i probably am not explaining my methodology or just off my rocker. either way you can see if the firmware file is newer than the last one.
i do remember being told that every special firmware periodic release has all the bug fixes since the last release and more.

Gift
12-14-2021, 11:35 AM
Got this from Brix some time ago (long time no see :() - it's referring to Cxx8 Series IIRC but I guess the naming scheme is the same:

Base Versions:
-G00/G20

Base Version + new Fixes that will be included in future Base versions (kind of Beta FW):
- GC/GQ/GE/GF/GG/GH

Special FW made for certain customers/fixes that will not migrated into future base FW:
- GP/GQ/GR/GS/GT/GU/GW/GX/GY/GZ

@Topic:

Firmaware - after installing a new SSD board on to a corrupted MFP board you must boot the machine with the reset tool, otherwise the new SSD board might load the corrupted data from MFP board and you can start from the beginning. Plus check the battery voltage.....

REGSIS
12-15-2021, 02:36 PM
I got a call today for C224e with trouble code FA14 after trouble reset it shoved D010.
Note: 2 months ago this machine was struck by lightning resulting in dead network port, but USB worked fine until today.
HDD state showed capacity of 470 MB with a vacant area of 0 MB - strange. I tried logical format with no result at all.
Reboot machine (FA14 again) disabled HDD - UNSET (thinking that's the cause of problem) and OFF/ON.
Machine stuck at two pillars and reboot after minute or two.

KM advised me to try with FW or reset tool although FW might not start at all because HDD is turned OFF (I think HDD is mandatory for caching FW in process of rewriting)
I cannot enter service mode to SET HDD back ON.
New MFB board (and SSD) will apparently solve the problem (but that's the price of good used machine).

Does anyone have any suggestion what to try to be sure what was cause of problem?
Suspected parts (for now)
MFP board
SSD board
HDD

Kenny
12-15-2021, 03:13 PM
I got a call today for C224e with trouble code FA14 after trouble reset it shoved D010.
Note: 2 months ago this machine was struck by lightning resulting in dead network port, but USB worked fine until today.
HDD state showed capacity of 470 MB with a vacant area of 0 MB - strange. I tried logical format with no result at all.
Reboot machine (FA14 again) disabled HDD - UNSET (thinking that's the cause of problem) and OFF/ON.

KM advised me to try with FW or reset tool although FW might not start at all because HDD is turned OFF (I think HDD is mandatory for caching FW in process of rewriting)
New MFB board (and SSD) will apparently solve the problem (but that's the price of good used machine).

Does anyone have any suggestion what to try to be sure what was cause of problem?
MFP board
SSD board
HDD

I Had the exact same issue but on a C454e, once i replaced the HDD and updated firmware was fine again. Before the FA14 code popped up the machine would take forever to select for example the utility tab, crash then pop up with the error code.

Good luck:)

tsbservice
12-15-2021, 06:40 PM

MFP board
SSD board
HDD
I think HDD cannot prevent machine from bootup and cause rebooting loop. SSD can.
Can you get to the trouble reset screen?

REGSIS
12-16-2021, 07:38 AM
I think HDD cannot prevent machine from bootup and cause rebooting loop. SSD can.
Can you get to the trouble reset screen?

No! And i can't go back into service mode either.
I could before i turned off HDD. When I turned it off (like many other times before on this kind of machine) and reboot machine couldn't start.
SSD is not "broken" maybe corrupted by bad MFP board, because when HDD is turned OFF after reboot that change needs to be written and if MFP board is malfunctioned (as I suspected) it couldn't be done properly.

If only HDD is the problem it could be UNSET and machine could continue to work without it but with limited capacity. Done this many times until I get new HDD to replace.
Many times bad HDD could be formatted but in operation mode show D010 or D011. MFP board always showed 256 GB capacity. This one was reporting only 470 MB. That was very strange.

I was in a hurry and I didn't run internal test first, assuming it is a HDD problem in the first place. :( My bad.

tsbservice
12-16-2021, 07:50 AM
No! And i can't go back into service mode either.
I could before i turned off HDD. When I turned it off (like many other times before on this kind of machine) and reboot machine couldn't start.
SSD is not "broken" maybe corrupted by bad MFP board, because when HDD is turned OFF after reboot that change needs to be written and if MFP board is malfunctioned (as I suspected) it couldn't be done properly.

If only HDD is the problem it could be UNSET and machine could continue to work without it but with limited capacity. Done this many times until I get new HDD to replace.
Many times bad HDD could be formatted but in operation mode show D010 or D011. MFP board always showed 256 GB capacity. This one was reporting only 470 MB. That was very strange.

I was in a hurry and I didn't run internal test first, assuming it is a HDD problem in the first place. :( My bad.

Indeed that's strange. Is it sitting at two pillars forever or reboot after a while? Is the HDD physically removed?disconnected?

P.S.
SSDB is way cheap than MFPB I just hope the best for You :)

copyman
12-23-2021, 04:59 AM
I came across this on Kon/Min dealer portal pertaining to Firmware (see attached).

REGSIS
12-29-2021, 09:34 AM
Indeed that's strange. Is it sitting at two pillars forever or reboot after a while? Is the HDD physically removed?disconnected?

P.S.
SSDB is way cheap than MFPB I just hope the best for You :)

Finaly, I made another visit.
First I tried FW update but it wouldn't start.
Then I tried with reset tool, and after a while I get a message. Data initialization successful.
Acvording to procedure it shoul show the code C-D390 followed by 2 reboot, and data backup option.
But machine keeps rebooting in 2 min intervals over and over again.
Even after OFF/ON it kept doing the same thing.

KM service support suggested new MFP and SSD board.

But I'm afraid if SSD is bad or corrupted, how can I restore data from old one to a new MFP board, which is a must do step as I'm been told by KM!?

Gift
12-29-2021, 10:02 AM
Then I tried with reset tool, and after a while I get a message. Data initialization successful.
Acvording to procedure it shoul show the code C-D390 followed by 2 reboot, and data backup option.

But I'm afraid if SSD is bad or corrupted, how can I restore data from old one to a new MFP board, which is a must do step as I'm been told by KM!?

what's the battery voltage?

copier tech
12-29-2021, 06:15 PM

Try the SSD update tool you might be lucky.

Usually when the SSD is faulty the machine will continually reboot after just a few seconds, but if yours is doing it every 2 mins not the same fault.

tsbservice
12-29-2021, 06:29 PM

I'm sorry but I would replace SSDB and then go from there.

romario
12-30-2021, 01:17 AM
Hallo folks,
What would you do...

I have solved several machines with these problems, from series 4 to series 8, the first thing I do is turn on the machine with the yellow reset key, I enter service mode, initialize data, turn off and turn on the machine, it gives me an original error and I go back to load base firmware, and it is solved, try to see if you are lucky

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAA ngNWGAAAA/0lEQVR4AYXNMSiEcRyA4cfmGHQbCZIipkuxnJgMStlMNmeyD2d wmc8 sZgxYJd9ErIZFHUyYYD7fkr6l4/rnvmtl7 KitrqV/fq2Y5eLY3Z9S48eRLe7BmVZ9qhTLhQ0algzZWQOVKSsCF8OjAn wbxDTWFDUhPK/jMr1H6HE/IqRky2DyvCefuwItwZzodVoYRiLqMkVCXrwpJ9twZ sgfDYEFYl8wIWxZ9uFf7zkallxlJh4YrLGsKjZRx7VGHhLqwgF UN45DGdb8MeXGpgB4ABZdeDcpZEY51A hyLKz4S1W4MQWm3AibWtgWmk6dyISa1pSdyWTOlLXVp0 eL9D/ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

REGSIS
12-31-2021, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry but I would replace SSDB and then go from there.

Since only one board could be replaced at once and MFP is definetly bad (network LEDs are constantly ON without network cable plugged in) I suspect that MFP board couldn't write anything or can write but corrupt the data in SSD board.

Since I changed the HDD settings in service mode machine reboots. With that change bad MFP board might corrupt data on good SSD board.
With bad MFP board there is no point to change SSD board. Data backup couldn't be done.

If I put a new MFP board and data couldn't be restored from old SSD, then procedure couldn't be completed and I must send MFP board to Japan (and back) which is a 2 months wait (unacceptable for customes) and still without a solution.

Firmaware
01-08-2022, 05:25 AM
It was the Ssd. I've replaced the Ssd and then I've upgraded the Firmaware. Thanks all

tsbservice
01-08-2022, 08:26 AM
It was the Ssd. I've replaced the Ssd and then I've upgraded the Firmaware. Thanks all

Good job.

Custom Search