PDA

View Full Version : scanning problem c364

Custom Search

adecanmin
12-10-2021, 11:11 PM
When they scan using the feeder. As soon as the documents leave the feeder. It says right away, automatically deleted and error deletion in the job log. The scan will not go through using SMB or ftp. It will scan on the glass with the feeder not touching the glass. It will scan to a flash drive using the feeder. The feeder will work when copying. I checked the connectors on the circuit board. Maybe I should try a firmware update. Anyone have this problem?

Synthohol
12-11-2021, 04:20 AM
enable the displaying of scan codes and let us know what the actual numerical code is for the error.

adecanmin
12-11-2021, 04:26 AM
enable the displaying of scan codes and let us know what the actual numerical code is for the error.
I don't know which soft switch I need to turn on to enable the function.

Synthohol
12-11-2021, 05:28 AM
7. NETWORK ERROR CODE
7.1 Displayprocedure
It displays the error code when a network error occurred.
Network error code is displayed only when the following setting is in “Display.”
$Administrator Settings( -> $Network Settings( -> $Detail Settings( -> $Error Code Display Setting(

so when you look at the log there will be an error code displayed in one of the little boxes.

tsbservice
12-11-2021, 07:40 AM
7. NETWORK ERROR CODE
7.1 Displayprocedure
It displays the error code when a network error occurred.
Network error code is displayed only when the following setting is in “Display.”
$Administrator Settings( -> $Network Settings( -> $Detail Settings( -> $Error Code Display Setting(

so when you look at the log there will be an error code displayed in one of the little boxes.

Correct. So when you select failed job and press on Detail you will see exact error code.

adecanmin
12-11-2021, 03:28 PM
Thanks. I'm going back to the customer Monday.

tsbservice
12-11-2021, 03:34 PM
When they scan using the feeder. As soon as the documents leave the feeder. It says right away, automatically deleted and error deletion in the job log. The scan will not go through using SMB or ftp. It will scan on the glass with the feeder not touching the glass. It will scan to a flash drive using the feeder. The feeder will work when copying. I checked the connectors on the circuit board. Maybe I should try a firmware update. Anyone have this problem?

Dual scan DF?

Synthohol
12-11-2021, 03:57 PM
Dual scan DF?

i was thinking dual scan control board myself. just wanted the error code first.

tsbservice
12-11-2021, 04:16 PM
i was thinking dual scan control board myself. just wanted the error code first.

Yep real techs mind is twisted but along the same paths 😂
I used to work together with a couple of really good techs and we push each other to the limits when we fight oddballs...man I miss those days sorely!

adecanmin
12-12-2021, 03:28 PM
Dual scan DF?

Not dual scan. What is strange it will copy fine using the feeder and also scan to a usb using the document feeder. I'll get that code tomorrow.

adecanmin
12-13-2021, 05:59 PM
Figured out what I thought was a problem. I was scanning a blank sheet of paper. If I scanned a page with something on it, the scan would go through. In my defense I went to another machine of the same model and I could scan a blank sheet through. I was looking in the admin section to see what setting that was and could not find anything. Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

tsbservice
12-13-2021, 06:23 PM
Figured out what I thought was a problem. I was scanning a blank sheet of paper. If I scanned a page with something on it, the scan would go through. In my defense I went to another machine of the same model and I could scan a blank sheet through. I was looking in the admin section to see what setting that was and could not find anything. Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Good for you. We all had not so bright moments at some point. Recently I send a tech to change a drum unit in a Brother MFP for whole page black printing problem. He changed whole drum unit but called me that problem stays. After few minutes he finally catch the fault. The customer was left bad black sample on the glass which tech copied without opening DF... I have had really good laugh at him over the phone but who knows the failure is always available option :)

Synthohol
12-13-2021, 06:44 PM
There is a scan setting that says "skip blank pages"
Sounds like that option is on

What was the code though?

adecanmin
12-13-2021, 09:11 PM
There is a scan setting that says "skip blank pages"
Sounds like that option is on

What was the code though?

No code that I could find. just what it said originally "automatically deleted error deletion" in the job log

If and when I go back. I'll look at that scan setting. I may try a scan with some blanks mixed into the document and see what happens.
Thanks for the help.

femaster
12-14-2021, 04:56 AM
I agree, it does sound like "Blank Page Removal" is turned on on the scan screen.

kingarthur
12-14-2021, 08:28 AM

Definitely "Blank page removal" is on, go to "Application" "Original settings"

I had an IT chap once, he spent a week trying to get his machine to scan, eventually he called me, and told me what he did, he just picked up a piece of blank paper, I told him to just put a "X" on the page, it worked....never test scanning with a blank page, quite often this is turned on :)

tsbservice
12-14-2021, 01:07 PM
Definitely "Blank page removal" is on, go to "Application" "Original settings"

I had an IT chap once, he spent a week trying to get his machine to scan, eventually he called me, and told me what he did, he just picked up a piece of blank paper, I told him to just put a "X" on the page, it worked....never test scanning with a blank page, quite often this is turned on :)

Ha-ha what a moron(IT). 100% agree on blank test page.

Custom Search