PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub pro 951 error code C-3905

Custom Search

M3HR4N
12-15-2021, 10:34 AM
Hello friends, recently we had a bizhub pro 951 that suddenly came up with error code C-3905, the service manual says:

Thermistor /1 (TH1) high
temperature abnormality 1
(hardware).
TH1 detects the fusing
abnormality detection
signal 3.

With estimated abnormal parts:

• Fusing temperature
sensor /1 (TH1)
• Fusing heater lamp /1
(L1)
• Fusing heater lamp /2
(L2)
• Printer control board
(PRCB)
• AC drive board (ACDB)

So finally I changed the PRCB and it did all good, the main reason I started the topic:
Is it a hardware issue in PRCB or can we somehow reset a software or program it to solve the error code cause I think this is a malfunction in PRCB.

Appreciate any usefull tip, thanks in advance 😊

tulintron
12-15-2021, 11:58 AM
Hardware issues. Professionals can solve, Hytek Repair

copy_kid
12-15-2021, 12:16 PM
We are having the same issue on a Pro 951... In the service manual it points to TH2, not TH1 as you have written... But so far we have replaced the TH2, machine heats up and right when "ready to print" is displayed, it shows C-3905 again! I have taken the fusing unit and mounted it on another machine and it works perfect. When put on the original machine it gives the code again...

Cecked ICP 4 on PRCB, it is good
Checked all ICP's on PRCB and they work good

Checked the connector btw fusing unit and machine... it is good.

Found an article on infohub regarding this issue (find it attached), changed the sleeved (even though the solution would have been absurd to work).

Uploaded new firmware v52 on the whole machine! Still no luck!

It is getting frustrating!

The problem is clearly related to the TH2 thermistor, but the fusing unit works perfect on another machine.

Next, I will mount a different fusing unit on the original machine and let you guys know if I have any luck. If not, next thing I will do is mount a different PRCB...

I still think the problem is the PRCB... Like it says in the troubleshooting guide attached ("damaging the resistor on the PRCB") one resistor might be broken... The ICP's are all good!

blackcat4866
12-15-2021, 03:51 PM
Have you tried clearing the fuser error by resetting DIPSW 3-1 from 1 > 0?
=^..^=

M3HR4N
12-15-2021, 08:06 PM
Guys the problem solved I already mention it there is no way you should change the PRCB.

copy_kid
12-16-2021, 09:50 AM
Guys the problem solved I already mention it there is no way you should change the PRCB.

Problem solved? How? What was the solution then?

copy_kid
12-16-2021, 09:51 AM
Have you tried clearing the fuser error by resetting DIPSW 3-1 from 1 > 0?
=^..^=

C'mon dude! Realy?

blackcat4866
12-16-2021, 02:45 PM
C'mon dude! Realy?

I really hope you can communicate a little better than this. =^..^=

Toxic
12-16-2021, 03:20 PM
Come on guys, calm down, ne need for stressing because of little misunderstanding. ;)

Let me clarify this if i also understood good :)
Solution was replacing PRCB.
copy_kid get little bit angry because blackcat ask him is he done basic procedure for resetting error and he got offended by that because he have some knowledge beyond that level.

Correct me if i am wrong.

tsbservice
12-16-2021, 06:00 PM
Come on guys, calm down, ne need for stressing because of little misunderstanding. ;)

Let me clarify this if i also understood good :)
Solution was replacing PRCB.
copy_kid get little bit angry because blackcat ask him is he done basic procedure for resetting error and he got offended by that because he have some knowledge beyond that level.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Not at all :) At least for me.

wjurls
12-21-2021, 10:16 PM
Hello friends, recently we had a bizhub pro 951 that suddenly came up with error code C-3905, the service manual says:

Thermistor /1 (TH1) high
temperature abnormality 1
(hardware).
TH1 detects the fusing
abnormality detection
signal 3.

With estimated abnormal parts:

• Fusing temperature
sensor /1 (TH1)
• Fusing heater lamp /1
(L1)
• Fusing heater lamp /2
(L2)
• Printer control board
(PRCB)
• AC drive board (ACDB)

So finally I changed the PRCB and it did all good, the main reason I started the topic:
Is it a hardware issue in PRCB or can we somehow reset a software or program it to solve the error code cause I think this is a malfunction in PRCB.

Appreciate any usefull tip, thanks in advance 😊

We've had a number of 951's throw a hard C-3905 (like 15+ of them). No idea what actually causes a machine to throw that code. Seeing how it always happens at a school site though, we suspect it may be due to fast cycling of the main power switch. Teachers aren't known for patience with the equipment. Hytec always has boards on hand and/or can repair yours.

Custom Search