PDA

View Full Version : What is everybody doing about TONER?!

Custom Search

Oystercopy
12-17-2021, 05:44 AM
Hey guys..

Just wondering what others are doing about not having TN-514K or TN-713K to give their customers?

I've ordered some chips for the TN-514s, hoping to use other similar toner cartridges in their stead.

Any ideas?

OC

patrickjlc
12-17-2021, 01:55 PM
I don't know if the toner chemical composition is different between a c454 and a c458, but I roved the head of an empty tk-713 toner and filled it with a tn-512k.
For an emergency try out. Machine so far is working, but waiting for the correct toner.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

emujo2
12-17-2021, 02:20 PM
Not toners, but if anyone says "hey, just swap the chips and break the little plastic tab and you can put a K 8 series drum into a color slot", avoid it..The chips are riveted in, and the damage makes it very hard for the machine to read the old chip..You are better off just pulling the drum , blade, charge roller and swapping them around. E

Gaffers01
12-17-2021, 03:49 PM
Not toners, but if anyone says "hey, just swap the chips and break the little plastic tab and you can put a K 8 series drum into a color slot", avoid it..The chips are riveted in, and the damage makes it very hard for the machine to read the old chip..You are better off just pulling the drum , blade, charge roller and swapping them around. E

Just a tip, just break the old chip off (flat blade under one edge and lift) and snip the corner of the new chip and put a small piece of blutack under the new chip to keep in the right place.
I can redo a drum unit to colour in a couple of minutes no problem with this method.

tsbservice
12-17-2021, 05:39 PM
Just a tip, just break the old chip off (flat blade under one edge and lift) and snip the corner of the new chip and put a small piece of blutack under the new chip to keep in the right place.
I can redo a drum unit to colour in a couple of minutes no problem with this method.
4 or 8?

femaster
12-17-2021, 09:47 PM
Hey guys..
Just wondering what others are doing about not having TN-514K or TN-713K to give their customers?
I've ordered some chips for the TN-514s, hoping to use other similar toner cartridges in their stead.
Any ideas?
OC

Thankfully no problem with TN-514K, we have plenty of that, It has been coming in fairly consistently for us. The TN-713K has been a bit more of a problem, but within the last 2-weeks we have gotten in a number of them as well, enough to keep us from running out for quite a while.

We are a regular dealer for KM, so that might be the difference. Are there any dealers out there that are having issues getting toner? Right now the only one that we are having an issue with is TN-812 for the Bizhub 808. Otherwise our other issues are with getting parts or other supplies, like just about anything for C659. Can't seen to get anything for that model, Belts, Fusers, Image units, etc. We've pretty much exhausted our extra inventory and everything is on back-order. Even attempted to escalate a couple of the items from the order, but got nothing even after that...

mloudy
12-18-2021, 12:24 AM
We are starting get calls asking for Konica toner. These are not our customers as we are a Sharp and Lexmark dealer. Their dealer must be telling them it is an industry wide problem because some of them have asked if we are having trouble getting toner for our copiers.

Two former customers that we lost after servicing them for decades are currently in a world of hurt. They have machines down for over a week waiting on parts. Ricoh and Xerox. We have never had a machine down more than a business day without pulling it and replacing it. The dealer model has changed for many of the big dealers. Small sales offices with remote techs. They simply are not capable of picking up and delivering a machine in a moments notice.

We currently have only one toners on backorder with not ETA but we have plenty of stock for now.

Everybody I talk to tells me KM is by far is in the worst shape for toner. How long before they start providing 1/4 filled cartridges?

Oystercopy
12-18-2021, 01:20 AM
Wow...good to know all of that. We've had to pay outrageous amounts for the 514, but can't get any 713 right now, only a few in sets.

I'm of the belief that the toner formulation is really not that different, from machine to machine, but I certainly could be wrong about that.
OC

TEST10
12-18-2021, 04:31 AM
I really don't want to tell you about the crazy things !! Due to toner shortages in my country, people have used Konica toner from the 6000, 7000, 8000 series to recharge, but this is no longer available or, at prices that double the real value ... Generic toner that nobody used for insecurity, today they are gladly accepted, I have heard that they are even trying toner from other brands, crazy ...: eek:

copyman
12-19-2021, 02:50 AM
I've resorted to some Aftermarket. As much as I hated to do it, had no choice. That or lose customers. What stinks is after all these years of "training" most of my customers to use Genuine only I had to use aftermarket.

It's like rolling the dice with aftermarket toner, never know what you are going to get. I try to stick with well known sellers like Katun, Copylite but even their Kon/Min toners are back ordered, some not available until 2022 !! Only takes one bad toner to crash an expensive Dev unit!

Keeping fingers crossed until OEM toners comes back.

Let's not forget this is real bad for Konica Minolta when they lose / lost a lot of customers that couldn't get toner the last several months. One factory blows up and they are done! How could they rely on one factory for toner! If this is the case and they are that stupid they deserve to lose customers!

positiveg
12-19-2021, 02:38 PM
I have been trying to get 512 toners they are hard. Found from one supplier and was even able to see one on Amazon that will be ready to ship by year end instead of next year.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

onlyinnewfoundland
12-19-2021, 03:08 PM
Bad up north in Canada as well...

We are only now starting to see some supplies come in, most of the backorder stuff is for Accurio models and small A4 stuff (lexmark rebadge).

We work on Xerox and Canon as well

Canon seem to be doing better now

Xerox are brutal, even worse shape than KM.

We had to order Katun for C450/550/650i machines - not thrilled about it, but no toner and we are finally getting equipment showing up that customers have been waiting on for 2-3 months.

What a time to be alive.

mascan42
12-19-2021, 11:05 PM
From what I've heard, we took too long to switch our shipments to air freight. By the time we gave in, everybody else was already doing the same and there was limited freight capacity available.

femaster
12-20-2021, 04:54 AM
Bad up north in Canada as well...
We had to order Katun for C450/550/650i machines - not thrilled about it, but no toner and we are finally getting equipment showing up that customers have been waiting on for 2-3 months.

Wow, Down here in the states, we have over 55 machines on order, with at least 20 of them from as far back as a June/July time-frame, and haven't had a single one come in. If your customers have only been waiting 2 to 3 months, consider yourselves lucky...

avecosat
12-20-2021, 07:36 AM
It is the same all over the world. I now begin to receive orders for machines ordered in July

kingarthur
12-20-2021, 08:21 AM
we've been getting toners ok for the about the last 3-4 weeks, still waiting on equipment though

femaster
12-20-2021, 05:34 PM
I spoke too soon. We finally got in 1 of the 55 machines we have on order. Too bad we got the main body and the finisher, but no base or relay unit. That's not very helpful.

tsbservice
12-20-2021, 06:17 PM
I spoke too soon. We finally got in 1 of the 55 machines we have on order. Too bad we got the main body and the finisher, but no base or relay unit. That's not very helpful.

Ouch that's close to nothing. I feel sorry for you guys. Our inventory is also already exhausted with uncertain ETA for new devices.

Oystercopy
12-20-2021, 07:05 PM
Agree with everything Copyman has said... sad situation.
OC

wjurls
12-21-2021, 10:04 PM
Thankfully no problem with TN-514K, we have plenty of that, It has been coming in fairly consistently for us. The TN-713K has been a bit more of a problem, but within the last 2-weeks we have gotten in a number of them as well, enough to keep us from running out for quite a while.

We are a regular dealer for KM, so that might be the difference. Are there any dealers out there that are having issues getting toner? Right now the only one that we are having an issue with is TN-812 for the Bizhub 808. Otherwise our other issues are with getting parts or other supplies, like just about anything for C659. Can't seen to get anything for that model, Belts, Fusers, Image units, etc. We've pretty much exhausted our extra inventory and everything is on back-order. Even attempted to escalate a couple of the items from the order, but got nothing even after that...

We have the opposite problem here. Plenty of TN-812 but no TN-912 for 958. If you can find 912, just swap the rear auger gear and front face. Put the new chip into the old faceplate and the rest of the cartridge is the same as TN-812.

femaster
12-22-2021, 03:12 AM
We have the opposite problem here. Plenty of TN-812 but no TN-912 for 958. If you can find 912, just swap the rear auger gear and front face. Put the new chip into the old faceplate and the rest of the cartridge is the same as TN-812.

Good to know. Actually, the day after I posted that our full order of TN-812 came in, so no more issues with that. We actually have a good amount of TN-912 left that was purchased before this shortage began, so thankfully good on that as well.

Gina82
12-22-2021, 08:03 PM
Our dealership had not received much toner over the last 4-5 months, but got in a huge shipment today. So, maybe things are starting to pick up with toners. We still have a lot on backorder. We have not received in any 'i' series machines since before June. Not sure when those might show up. We did receive in a Bizhub 227 a couple months ago, but had also been back ordered a few months before that. Even though toner should start getting better now that the factory is running, I don't expect machines to show up any time soon after watching the November update on Konica's Dealer Forum.

Custom Search