PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C754e low-milage

Custom Search

Printer People
12-17-2021, 09:05 AM
Ive been offered a Bizhub C754e with about 120k on the meter. Are they any good or am i better off getting a C458/558?

Its to go in a print shop and will replace an aging C552 with 1.6 million on the clock. Before you say production machine etc etc, we outsource most of our small format flyers/booklets etc so we just need a machine for short run digital work.

Any thought or pointers would be appreciated.

copyman
12-17-2021, 01:23 PM
The Biz C754 is a production model. 120k is a low meter. I service several of this model and they work good. If the price is right I don't see a problem with using the 754 in print shop. I find the more these models run the better. Have more issues with low volume accounts.

romario
12-17-2021, 01:50 PM
Ive been offered a Bizhub C754e with about 120k on the meter. Are they any good or am i better off getting a C458/558?

Its to go in a print shop and will replace an aging C552 with 1.6 million on the clock. Before you say production machine etc etc, we outsource most of our small format flyers/booklets etc so we just need a machine for short run digital work.

Any thought or pointers would be appreciated.
very good production machine

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAA ngNWGAAAA/0lEQVR4AYXNMSiEcRyA4cfmGHQbCZIipkuxnJgMStlMNmeyD2d wmc8 sZgxYJd9ErIZFHUyYYD7fkr6l4/rnvmtl7 KitrqV/fq2Y5eLY3Z9S48eRLe7BmVZ9qhTLhQ0algzZWQOVKSsCF8OjAn wbxDTWFDUhPK/jMr1H6HE/IqRky2DyvCefuwItwZzodVoYRiLqMkVCXrwpJ9twZ sgfDYEFYl8wIWxZ9uFf7zkallxlJh4YrLGsKjZRx7VGHhLqwgF UN45DGdb8MeXGpgB4ABZdeDcpZEY51A hyLKz4S1W4MQWm3AibWtgWmk6dyISa1pSdyWTOlLXVp0 eL9D/ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Printer People
12-17-2021, 03:03 PM
The Biz C754 is a production model. 120k is a low meter. I service several of this model and they work good. If the price is right I don't see a problem with using the 754 in print shop. I find the more these models run the better. Have more issues with low volume accounts.

Good to know - it will definitely be working a bit harder in the coming months and years.

Gaffers01
12-17-2021, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't say a C754e is a production box at all to be honest.

But it is a good machine, personally I would go for a C658/758 if your budget can go that far.

blackcat4866
12-17-2021, 03:43 PM
I like this model for production color. Quality is great/consistent. Consumables usually make full yield. It's a good choice, and yes, low meter! =^..^=

Gaffers01
12-17-2021, 03:59 PM
Production colour :confused:

Decent colour reproduction but production colour is a bit of a stretch even if it had a fiery installed on it.

Oystercopy
12-17-2021, 08:11 PM
Older machine... I might not rely on that technology for very long, as they're already close to 10 years old. Plus the 4 series had way more issues with electronics than some of the newer boxes.
Just my 2 cents
OC

rrrohan
12-18-2021, 12:57 AM
No way I'd consider this to be production but that just my humble opinion.

This model loves to go through cyan IUs

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

TEST10
12-18-2021, 04:51 AM
... from my point of view, it is a good office machine, it all depends on the volume and weight to be used. Although the specifications accept it, he does not like high weights much, the fuser unit suffers accelerated deterioration with heavy papers.
Print and copy quality is good and low in toner consumption. In my country where we accept second-hand equipment from the USA, they are very popular in medium-volume printing centers.:rolleyes:

tmmdmmm
12-18-2021, 06:22 AM
Older machine... I might not rely on that technology for very long, as they're already close to 10 years old. Plus the 4 series had way more issues with electronics than some of the newer boxes.
Just my 2 cents
OC

Really? I've had the most board issues with I series, followed by 8. 4 series definitely had IUs failing short of life, usually C, but that was mostly rectified by cleaning all the HV connections

Printer People
01-07-2022, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the reply's - I have another box coming in too:

Just about to get a low mileage KM Bizhub 454e into the print shop. Any tips or things I need to look out for on this model.

Gift
01-07-2022, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the reply's - I have another box coming in too:

Just about to get a low mileage KM Bizhub 454e into the print shop. Any tips or things I need to look out for on this model.

4e series ist great and probably cheaper to maintain because the drums lasts longer thanks to corona wires (vs. charge roller @xx8 series).
I'd check the voltage of the mfp board battery because you can end up in expensive trouble if the voltage drops over time. It's not a general issues but we had a few cases so one might say this is a ticking time bomb If you liuke to work with these units for many years to come^^

In case yo have to replace it you must not create a "power cut" so just solder a new one with some extention wires parallel to the existing BEFORE you remove it.

Edit: I just realized we had a chat over this last year lol

Custom Search