PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C308 Reversed/Mirrored Screen

Custom Search

Lync
12-19-2021, 10:33 PM
Has anyone else come across this issue with the screen display reversed on a copier?
The screen image is backwards but the touch is still in the same spot so you have to press the right of the screen to press a button on the left and vice-versa.
I have swapped out the control panel for a spare one and it fixed this issue.
I brought the faulty control panel back to the workshop and put it onto another machine and it has brought the fault with it so I have a bit of a novelty to play with.

tmmdmmm
12-20-2021, 06:58 AM
Thats..... interesting. Cant say I've ever seen it. I mean its definitely the board inside the display, can't really be anything else as the touchscreen works properly, but I can't see why it would do it

tsbservice
12-20-2021, 01:44 PM
I think there's touch panel Firmware available although I never did it. Also I would try to perform Calibration on erratic panel.

srvctec
12-20-2021, 03:18 PM
OK, that's got to be one of the weirdest things I've seen!! Almost looks like someone played a cruel joke but I've got no idea how.

Definitely let us know what you do to resolve the issue.

tsbservice
12-20-2021, 03:35 PM
OK, that's got to be one of the weirdest things I've seen!! Almost looks like someone played a cruel joke but I've got no idea how.

Definitely let us know what you do to resolve the issue.

Yeah looks like mirror copy function but with touch panel.
I love such mysteries...my hands always start itching to get that sob fixed!

Btw, any chance for ribbon cable inside to be reversed?

blackcat4866
12-20-2021, 05:23 PM
I've seen unresponsive screens, unresponsive areas, shifted alignment, vertical lines, horizontal lines, no backlight, Portuguese Japanese & Chinese language ... but never a mirror image. That's pretty exciting.

If you can get it take firmware, that would be a good place to start. There appears to be just one operation panel PWB. That would be my second choice. =^..^=

PrintWhisperer
12-20-2021, 05:37 PM
I've seen unresponsive screens, unresponsive areas, shifted alignment, vertical lines, horizontal lines, no backlight, Portuguese Japanese & Chinese language ... but never a mirror image. That's pretty exciting.

If you can get it take firmware, that would be a good place to start. There appears to be just one operation panel PWB. That would be my second choice. =^..^=

Same thing I said when I was recently shown a photo this (from a colleague, not mine).....

on a Kyocera out-of-box (3 Series iirc...trying to get the photo)

Certain boot screens were normal layout, then the display would flip. TP response was normal position as well even after flip.

Display+OP panel main replaced as an assembly and sent to KDA for analysis.

Maybe the same supplier?

Custom Search