PDA

View Full Version : CQ Let the fun begin!

Custom Search

scanmc
12-22-2021, 07:01 PM
As we all know KM supplies have been hard to obtain lately so we've had to go to alternative sources. (Big K) I purchased a few k toners to actually try here to test and keep an eye on but was forced due to KM shortages to put them to use at a local customer on KM C300I. Customer called for complaining about void areas on the print. I asked them to clean the laser slit glass and report back thinking that that was probably the issue. They called back saying no improvement on prints so I told them I would be out this morning. I pulled out the K dv unit after running a few solid test charts and long a behold the K dv unit is almost completely empty with little to no material on the mag roller. KM uses a trickle feed in their machines to replenish the dv units. I've attached a few pics with no error codes and all components test ok. This is the the only machine I have that currently has non oem toner in it and thank god its in the cheapest dv unit. Am I going down the wrong rabbit hole or is this a kawinkidink and should be look at something else? Merry Christmas everyone!

tsbservice
12-22-2021, 07:16 PM
Looks like compatible toner has no developer added so developer particules in developer unit are drained with no replenishment. What's inside WTB and how many clicks they made with compatible? Good for You started on K toner colors aren't fun( expensive)

scanmc
12-22-2021, 07:30 PM
Looks like compatible toner has no developer added so developer particules in developer unit are drained with no replenishment. What's inside WTB and how many clicks they made with compatible? Good for You started on K toner colors aren't fun( expensive)

Waste box felt pretty full but didn't inspect. They have about 84k and mostly mono prints. Customers on the second tube wit about 50% left.

Of course the manufacturer has never had problem haha

tsbservice
12-22-2021, 07:42 PM
Waste box felt pretty full but didn't inspect. They have about 84k and mostly mono prints. Customers on the second tube wit about 50% left.

Of course the manufacturer has never had problem haha

So that is roughly a toner and half about 40k with compatible. Very bad score imho.

fornerm
12-30-2021, 10:47 AM
Colleague is right, too few developers in the toner,Install a new original toner and do about 500 A3 full surface prints black in service mode, should be enough to add enough developer from the toner cartridge.The same goes for the colors ...

I have already done this several times with the symtom.If too little area coverage is printed, then the stabilizer mode is switched over to prevent this.

suomi
12-30-2021, 12:05 PM
Katun toner? I have not used I-Series Yet.

8 series and older at least it still works. But how long?
But when nothing else is available...And poor availability katun toner as well.

scanmc
12-30-2021, 05:13 PM
Katun toner? I have not used I-Series Yet.

8 series and older at least it still works. But how long?
But when nothing else is available...And poor availability katun toner as well.

That's the problem. Sucks that we need to revert to using non OEM stuff with these kind of results. This was the first time using Katun stuff in the I series and I'm sure the hell not going to be trying it on the color units. When I do get some K OEM toner in I'm going to load it in and make some prints as soumi suggested and hopefully this will replenish the black dv unit. If not like I said at least it is the cheapest unit of the bunch to replace.

Happy New Year Everyone!

adecanmin
12-30-2021, 10:41 PM
That's the problem. Sucks that we need to revert to using non OEM stuff with these kind of results. This was the first time using Katun stuff in the I series and I'm sure the hell not going to be trying it on the color units. When I do get some K OEM toner in I'm going to load it in and make some prints as soumi suggested and hopefully this will replenish the black dv unit. If not like I said at least it is the cheapest unit of the bunch to replace.

Happy New Year Everyone!
I purchased some generic Konica Minolta toner and I used my magnetic screwdriver to test that there was developer mixed into the toner and fortunately there was.

tsbservice
12-30-2021, 10:52 PM
I purchased some generic Konica Minolta toner and I used my magnetic screwdriver to test that there was developer mixed into the toner and fortunately there was.

And mid therm wise what is your experience using this stuff?

copyman
12-30-2021, 11:21 PM
Colleague is right, too few developers in the toner,Install a new original toner and do about 500 A3 full surface prints black in service mode, should be enough to add enough developer from the toner cartridge.The same goes for the colors ...

I have already done this several times with the symtom.If too little area coverage is printed, then the stabilizer mode is switched over to prevent this.

You don't need to run 500 halftones. 100 or less should be fine. I've recovered crashed dev units many times running around 50-60 11x17 halftone test prints.

I've had good results with Katun toners and trust them way more then other aftermarket! Perhaps just a bad toner? They have a big QC division that test all toners extensively.

Lets not forget it was Kon/Min who put us in this situation. Why the hell would they rely on one factory / warehouse to supply toner for the world! Well guess what this is going to push Canon back to the top OEM. This mistake is going to cost Kon/Min many customers. I've already had at least 10 of my customers tell me not to sell them a Kon/Min again!

What's really a shame is the assholes on Ebay selling OEM & Aftermarket toners for $200 a bottle !!!

adecanmin
12-30-2021, 11:47 PM
And mid therm wise what is your experience using this stuff?
I've used it in the b/w bizhubs not yet in the color machines. Only going to use it for black. I'll know in a few weeks if it works out.

Phil B.
12-31-2021, 04:23 AM
You don't need to run 500 halftones. 100 or less should be fine. I've recovered crashed dev units many times running around 50-60 11x17 halftone test prints.

I've had good results with Katun toners and trust them way more then other aftermarket! Perhaps just a bad toner? They have a big QC division that test all toners extensively.

Lets not forget it was Kon/Min who put us in this situation. Why the hell would they rely on one factory / warehouse to supply toner for the world! Well guess what this is going to push Canon back to the top OEM. This mistake is going to cost Kon/Min many customers. I've already had at least 10 of my customers tell me not to sell them a Kon/Min again!

What's really a shame is the assholes on Ebay selling OEM & Aftermarket toners for $200 a bottle !!!Just as bad as the toner pirates on the phones.
They concentrate on government contracts and schools.
I had to void a warranty repair years beck on 3 school copiers and NCHHS 4 small mfp's due to shitty drums/toners.
Totally depleted 3 dev units in various models before I made the connection tho.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

copyman
12-31-2021, 02:26 PM
Forgot to mention that Katun's other products like drums rollers are great. Been dealing with them for over 40 yrs mostly for parts and B&W toner! Have 250 accounts that I service and never had issues with their parts / toners. Most of my accounts still have the "4" series and are the parts I buy from Katun.

Most don't realize when they buy from other companies like Copylite they are buying Katun products. Sometimes you can see where the company puts their label over Katun label.

Do I like their prices, hell no. Definitely over priced on many items but you get what you pay for.

At this point they are sold out of most Kon Min toners so it's not even worth talking about.

I've always used OEM "color" toners but this shortage has forced me to use aftermarket. Only time will tell how they work out. Keeping fingers crossed.

Happy New Year!

suomi
12-31-2021, 02:38 PM

tsbservice
12-31-2021, 04:01 PM
Forgot to mention that Katun's other products like drums rollers are great. Been dealing with them for over 40 yrs mostly for parts and B&W toner! Have 250 accounts that I service and never had issues with their parts / toners. Most of my accounts still have the "4" series and are the parts I buy from Katun.

Most don't realize when they buy from other companies like Copylite they are buying Katun products. Sometimes you can see where the company puts their label over Katun label.

Do I like their prices, hell no. Definitely over priced on many items but you get what you pay for.

At this point they are sold out of most Kon Min toners so it's not even worth talking about.

I've always used OEM "color" toners but this shortage has forced me to use aftermarket. Only time will tell how they work out. Keeping fingers crossed.

Happy New Year!

I don't know about toners we are using only original but few words on after market parts. Especially on 4 series where KM DUs seems to last looong enough and original rollers if you buy right ones they are cheap and produce 200-300k pulled from this single drawer sheets which in machine clicks is much more because of duplexing the point is...I don't see even why to try aftermarket being Katun or other Alibaba suppliers.

copyman
01-01-2022, 12:21 AM
I don't know about toners we are using only original but few words on after market parts. Especially on 4 series where KM DUs seems to last looong enough and original rollers if you buy right ones they are cheap and produce 200-300k pulled from this single drawer sheets which in machine clicks is much more because of duplexing the point is...I don't see even why to try aftermarket being Katun or other Alibaba suppliers.

Like I have said many times on this forum I only use OEM toner in the 4 series. Not so much for crashing dev units but more for the print quality. Most of the dev units I see crash are from over life drums & transfer belts not aftermarket toners. With recent toner shortage the only option was use aftermarket or lose customers!

As for the PF rollers I also use OEM for certain applications. I've had off lease machines with original OEM rollers well under 100k scans and the rollers are bald and a lot of jams in history. The OEM rollers are suppose to last 300K! No way I'm going to pay $30+ for an OEM ADF roller that I can get aftermarket for $6 and get same amount of pages before misfeeding / jamming, around 100k! I do like the OEM ribbed & PF rollers for the paper drawers but depends on the customer, if low volume aftermarket rollers have worked just fine. All techs have their own way of thinking and after 40+ years in this business I stick with what works for me.

Best of luck

sanvicente
01-05-2022, 04:26 PM

What's really a shame is the assholes on Ebay selling OEM & Aftermarket toners for $200 a bottle !!!

Thats right. We are Buying aftermarket toner at oem cost for months now, unable to find dr512 or dr313 with out paying almost double that We were paying last year, dealing with this developers crashes, had to absorb the upper cost expenses like many others small business owners in this forum, but at least Konica Minolta CEO is saying “sorry” 😏😏😒😒😠😠

Konica Minolta CEO: we are determined to rebuild customer confidence | Printweek (https://www.printweek.com/news/article/konica-minolta-ceo-we-are-determined-to-rebuild-customer-confidence)

And is not like “well, forget about KM, lets go with ricoh or canon” just like that. Its not that easy for a whole business, even small ones, to do that.

Custom Search